Why I think we have a really good chance at winning the superbowl next year!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I think we have a really good chance at winning the superbowl next year!!!!!

How far will we go next year?

• Wont even make the playoffs

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • The wildcard Round

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • The Divisonal Round

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • The AFC Championship

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • 2005 SuperBowl Champions

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Heres my theory see what you guys think!!!!!

ok last year we went out in to the free agent market and signed two great verterans junior seau and sammy knight, and you have to admit they did help our D tremidously especially sammy knight.
Also notice until week 10 our D gave up the fewest points allowed by any team and still i think we finished in the top 3 in that category. And also we were the only team not to give up a 100 rusher and think of all the great backs we faced like
Jamal Lewis,Eddie George,Travis Henry,Curtis Martin,Fred Taylor,Edgerrin James,ETC....
so see if we keep most of our defense we will be good next year.

Ok so last year we made our defense great, now this year we our gonna make our offense great and put both of them together we are gonna be unstopable, and all we have to do is sign a quality quaterback such as Rivers,Ramsey,Brunell,Henson or someone like that anyone but jay fiedler and brian griese, And if we can get atleast two great lineman which i think we will, ricky will make his own holes most of the time, and last if we can just get a playmaker reciever at number two, to compliment chris chambers we will be ok.

So you see last year it was defense this year it is offense, so hopefully next year we will be good on both sides of the ball and actually make it to the playoffs and win a big game.

Let me know what some of your guys opion on this is!!!!!

I agree but we dont need two great linemen we need two average linemen where as last year we had Wade Smith, one of the worst lineman i have ever seen. I know many will disagree and say he was only a rookie and he did good considering the circumstance but that is bull ****. I saw plays when the Qb got sacked and he didnt even come out of his stance.

Yeah, dwight freeney owned wade smith last year he basically why we lost that game against indy, but griese didnt help much either, but with a year of experience and a new OC he may be a littlebetter

Originally posted by Brad528
I agree but we dont need two great linemen we need two average linemen where as last year we had Wade Smith, one of the worst lineman i have ever seen. I know many will disagree and say he was only a rookie and he did good considering the circumstance but that is bull ****. I saw plays when the Qb got sacked and he didnt even come out of his stance.

I think you're being hard on Wade, he wasn't NFL ready, and he picked up his game towards the end of the season.

He also made the all-rookie team, all that means is that guys who really know what the hell they're talking about (not you or me) think that he did an okay job.

The reason Smith made the all rookie team was cos there wasn't any other rookie in the NFL that started at LT all year long. Having said that, I think he did showed some potential of the kind of player that he could get to be. If he gets stronger this off season and works at it, then he should have a better year but how much better remains to be seen.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by dolfan34

ok last year we went out in to the free agent market and signed two great verterans junior seau and sammy knight, and you have to admit they did help our D tremidously especially sammy knight.
Also notice until week 10 our D gave up the fewest points allowed by any team and still i think we finished in the top 3 in that category. And also we were the only team not to give up a 100 rusher and think of all the great backs we faced like
Jamal Lewis,Eddie George,Travis Henry,Curtis Martin,Fred Taylor,Edgerrin James,ETC....

Ok so last year we made our defense great, now this year we our gonna make our offense great and put both of them together we are gonna be unstopable, and all we have to do is sign a quality quaterback such as Rivers,Ramsey,Brunell,Henson or someone like that anyone but jay fiedler and brian griese, And if we can get atleast two great lineman which i think we will, ricky will make his own holes most of the time, and last if we can just get a playmaker reciever at number two, to compliment chris chambers we will be ok.

So you see last year it was defense this year it is offense, so hopefully next year we will be good on both sides of the ball and actually make it to the playoffs and win a big game.

i have the same thought every year but always get let down. i really hope this year is for real cuase i´m really tired. i´ve waited most of my life but it looks like i´m never going to see the phins win the SB.

as you said there are real posibilities of us winning the SB given the talent of the team. but there´s a lot of wotk to do still and i won´t believe it ´til it really happens.

i think the key in this offseason to succed is to fix the offense without spoiling the solid D we already have.

I know last year was supposed to be the year miami was going to win the superbowl and we were the afc favorites and all of that, i didnt think we would cuz we still had jay fiedler no oline and i was very high on derrius thompson either, but this coming up year if rick spielman is as good as i think he is and fixes the offense now, i really think we have a great shot at winning the superbowl, and we wil get a very good test early on in the season, beacuse we will play new england in week 2 right.

I think the other 31 teams should just take the year off. I mean, is there any doubt that we got this thing in the bag?? Like, why is the NFL even working on the schedule?? It's just a mere formality.

Well this is true...we will go this route. However you said Rivers and Henson as both quality QB options and ofcourse they will be more than that in the future, but right now theyre fresh out of college, they will not start for the dolphins, either of them I think. Henson has a chance if he really impresses rick because hes 24 and more physically ready but I dont think they would start and play all 16 games. So Fiedler could start until the rookie is ready and I dont necessarily see us as Superbowl champions but I do think we will definately make the playoffs this year and hopefully go far...

Originally posted by Brad528
I agree but we dont need two great linemen we need two average linemen where as last year we had Wade Smith, one of the worst lineman i have ever seen.

Titans head coach Jeff Fisher completely disagrees with you. He thinks Wade Smith is going to be an outstanding LT.

Im sorry but i just dont see how jay fiedler can get another chance at starting quaterback, sure he didnt have a great supporting cast but great QB makes things happened, for example look at tom brady there offensive line was desimated and he didnt even have a runningback like ricky but still he managed to go out there and win games for his team, I just hope we can get a good QB like ramsey or brunell or someone that can play football, because if jay is the started in week 1, then i already know how our season is gonna go, right down the drain.

Indi had over 45 minutes TOP....

Yeah, dwight freeney owned wade smith last year he basically why we lost that game against indy, but griese didnt help much either, but with a year of experience and a new OC he may be a littlebetter

I know our D got the INT and our LT had a terrible day, BUT Indi had the ball for OVER 45 MINUTES in that game...

Indi had the TOP in the 1st half around 22 minutes and 25 minutes TOP in the second half. Our mediocre O had less than a total of 15 minutes to score points in the game...

The D did a great job in avoiding a blowout, but hurt the O in TOP...

I think we'll have a great shot at the AFC Championship if the following occur.....

1. Sign a new QB - All we need is a stronger, more accurate passer. Someone a defense will respect....

2. Sign one/two OG's - The OG position was bad last season. J. Nails wasn't the same after injury, and T. Perry is merely average. There will be a few FA's worth considering this year....

3. Sign FA / Draft WR - I think WR D. Northcutt is available, not sure of the price, but it shouldn't be too high. The draft has some good talent this year as well. Also, WR JR Tolver could emerge this off-season. I think he'll come out and surprise some fans with what he can do in year #2.

The defense is in fine shape right now. There is really no area of major concern on defense IMO.

I've been hearing talk about Fielder remaining the starter in 2004, but I'm not at all for it. They said that even if a guy like Henson or Rivers ends up in Miami, it's unlikely either would start over Fiedler. I disagree. I think either one of them could replace him and do a good enough job. We can't afford stick with Jay anylonger IMO.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Re: Indi had over 45 minutes TOP....

Originally posted by Disnardo

I know our D got the INT and our LT had a terrible day, BUT Indi had the ball for OVER 45 MINUTES in that game...

Indi had the TOP in the 1st half around 22 minutes and 25 minutes TOP in the second half. Our mediocre O had less than a total of 15 minutes to score points in the game...

The D did a great job in avoiding a blowout, but hurt the O in TOP...

Where do you get this 45 minutes stuff from?? Indy had the ball for a little over 37 min. Granted, it's not alot of time just looking at the clock but it's alot in a game situation.

:confused: :confused: IMO, just making the playoffs is a big hurdle. i don't care what improvements we make on paper, we still have the Cluelessness coaching them. That's the biggest obstacle in our way. Besides, the road to the SB goes thru NE. We have to beat NE first and thus far with no real changes to the roster, there's no indication we'll be able to do that. The big difference between them and us is that they win big games when it counts while we cannot. That speaks volumes for the coaching staffs. Maybe if the NFL changed the rules so that teams can't hire coaches even til after the SB, then maybe Weis and crommel would have been hired by other teams and even up the coaching part a bit.

Back
Top Bottom