Why I think we have a really good chance at winning the superbowl next year!!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I think we have a really good chance at winning the superbowl next year!!!!!

How far will we go next year?

• Wont even make the playoffs

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • The wildcard Round

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • The Divisonal Round

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • The AFC Championship

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • 2005 SuperBowl Champions

Votes: 20 26.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re: Why I think we have a really good chance at winning the superbowl next year!!!!!

Originally posted by DeDolfan

:confused: :confused: IMO, just making the playoffs is a big hurdle. i don't care what improvements we make on paper, we still have the Cluelessness coaching them. That's the biggest obstacle in our way. Besides, the road to the SB goes thru NE. We have to beat NE first and thus far with no real changes to the roster, there's no indication we'll be able to do that. The big difference between them and us is that they win big games when it counts while we cannot. That speaks volumes for the coaching staffs. Maybe if the NFL changed the rules so that teams can't hire coaches even til after the SB, then maybe Weis and crommel would have been hired by other teams and even up the coaching part a bit.

Exactly !!! What about this offseason could possibly make anyone think we have moved up to challenge the Pats. The biggest glaring weakness is our inability to make in game adjustments. Combine this with the fact that the pats are in better cap situ and have 2 #1 picks (I think) and how does all this equal us winning the AFC next year. This team needs a completely new OL, and at least two reciever who have a clue. The QB spot could stand a upgrade, and some how people think all of this is gonna get done with the same front office who had one main objective last year "upgrade the OL", and how did that go??
I love people who are optimistic but lets be a little realistic as well. This is not a playoff team next year. 8-8 would be a good team with a new OL, QB, and OC.

8-8 come on know they will be better than thats unless our division is so much better we will have a better line wr and hopefully qb same defense that is a upgrade. With the line up that we could have or what is expected to have we should at least win 2 more games.

Like DeDolfan said cluelessness coaching is the biggest problem. It amazes me how the Pats can when with less talent with a respected coach like BB and the dolphins can't win sh*t with Wanny. An reporters on the t.v want to talk about how good of a coach Wanny is they are morons in my book. BB would of had us a championship 2 years ago.

Re: Re: Re: Indi had over 45 minutes TOP....

Originally posted by Disnardo

Take alook at the "drive chart" link, in the game info. You will see that TOP for their drives. Just add them up...

LINK

EDITED- SORRY, got some mix up on the times= 37 minutes actually.. MY BAD...

Aaah, don't worry about it. Schidt happens to us all!! ;)

Originally posted by Noland
I guess that is what I want but I still like to think positive. I do believe we will have a better chance than ever.

Don't forget tho, 'We're closer than you think" !! ;)

Originally posted by Muck
I'm anxious to see what the offense looks like this year with Wanny not being the authority on personnel. I'm also anxious to see what Joe Collier's methodology (claims he wants to attack weaknesses as opposed to straight gameplanning) will bring.

muck, i was told the other day [by someone who worked for the Fins a few yrs ago] that Collier is probably the best move made so far. He's said to be smarter than a tack. Only problem i see is wanny handcuffing him in order to not be shown up. it wouldn't take very much for anyone to show Wanny up by just doing their job. And with his butt being held to the fire, he's gonna want any kind of sucess focused on him only.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
muck, i was told the other day [by someone who worked for the Fins a few yrs ago] that Collier is probably the best move made so far. He's said to be smarter than a tack. Only problem i see is wanny handcuffing him in order to not be shown up. it wouldn't take very much for anyone to show Wanny up by just doing their job. And with his butt being held to the fire, he's gonna want any kind of sucess focused on him only.

Man I hope not. I'd think he'd have the best interest of the team at heart. And being a defensive guy, I'd hope that he would allow an offensive minded guy some leeway. But I guess we'll see soon enough. Rather, NOT soon enough. :(

Good to hear endorsement of Collier. I was reading some glowing comments from Rob Konrad today as well.

With Norv gone Ricky can get a load off his shoulders and maybe just maybe if we have a decent passing game and a good OL Ricky might be able to break huge gains

If we improve our offense like is expected I honestly believe that R. Williams could be the 2004 NFL MVP. We can get anybody on offense but it will all come down to the man R. Williams.

Originally posted by RW342000
With Norv gone Ricky can get a load off his shoulders and maybe just maybe if we have a decent passing game and a good OL Ricky might be able to break huge gains

I don't think that Norv had a whole ot to do with it. He basically only had Ricky to work with since we didn't have a passing game at all. Or not one to worry anybody. So yes, any improvement on O will help Ricky, who in turn, helps everything else out.

I won't really know what to think until at least the draft has passed. I can't honestly make an assessment until the QB situation is resolved.

The line is more of a problem then the QB in my mind. We need to replace Wade SMith alot more then we need to replace JF. If it wasnt for Smith Fiedler and Griese would have looked alot better last year. If they didnt get blindsides causing fumbles every damn game cause Smith forgot how to block

I agree that the O-line is also a major problem, but something makes me think the QB situation will get resolved first. However, no QB will look great behind that O-line until it gets fixed.

Admin maybe this should be the start of a new thread?

Guys and gals, these questions are for everyone...

What do you consider an effecient offensive passing game?

How many attempts?

How many yards?

How many TDs?

What is the basic stat that defines one, or is it a combination of stats?

Since everyone has a different perspective, please let me know yours...

Inquiring mind wants to know. ;)

40 passing attemps

225 yards a game

1 or 2 tds a game (with Williams we will get scores from him).

With Williams 100 plus yards a game and 1 to 2 tds and the passing 1 to 2 tds that would give us over 21 points a game not including Mare's fieldgoals. With that kind of scoring our defense should not allow the opposing team to score that much.

Originally posted by Disnardo
Admin maybe this should be the start of a new thread?

Guys and gals, these questions are for everyone...

What do you consider an effecient offensive passing game?

How many attempts?

How many yards?

How many TDs?

What is the basic stat that defines one, or is it a combination of stats?

Since everyone has a different perspective, please let me know yours...

Inquiring mind wants to know. ;)

Yup, probably should be a new thread, but here goes:

28 atts/gm..........that should allow the same or better rushing and keeping the balance.

275+ yds.....gives us a much better ypa and hopefully 19-20 completion%.

2 tds would be nice since if we're passing that well (but overall consistentcy is the actual key tho), the ground game will do the rest and SHOULD.

With all things being equal, even one pick per gm would still give us a rating of around 108. That's pretty efficient but then again, i cannot stress that word CONSISTENT often enough.

Back
Top Bottom