WHY IS CHRIS cLEMONS ON THIS TEAM??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHY IS CHRIS cLEMONS ON THIS TEAM???

Clemons was responsible for that long gain in the 1st half. He took the worst angle I've seen since... well... the last time I reviewed a game with Chris Clemons

Agreed but, it was one play, and everyone in the NFL has been beaten.

Clemons was responsible for that long gain in the 1st half. He took the worst angle I've seen since... well... the last time I reviewed a game with Chris Clemons

Agreed, and he has taken bad angles before. He also used to SUCK on tackling high. I saw a picture perfect tackle he made low, and maybe Coyle is coaching him up. Bottom line is that he is playing pretty well, and I believe we should cut him a bit of slack. JMO

Fake punts. Clemons is playing better than Reshad was last year and sticking with Jones has paid off. Clemons isn't a disaster. We've had disasters in the secondary before. You must be really hungry to have someone to pile on to.

Jerry Wilson....now that was a disaster

Yep EVERYONE.

I'm NOT saying that Clemons has been great but, has been good overall at worst. You make 20 good plays, and many fans are going to remember the one bad one. Nature of the Beast.

I'm NOT saying that Clemons has been great but, has been good overall at worst. You make 20 good plays, and many fans are going to remember the one bad one. Nature of the Beast.

I was agreeing with you Brother =)

10- Total tackles for Chris Clemons vs. the Rams. Team's leading tackler.

If we hold an opposing offense to ZERO pass completions in a game....someone will start a thread saying the Fins need to find a way to intercept the ball...smh

I review the same games you do and i don't see it. He stays back..he's a FS. When he does have to tackle, he gets the guy on the ground.

Furthermore, why do you have a dead Dolphin in your signature?

He plays centerfield alot and deep. I just wish he would come up sooner and make a read/play. The rams game they were running on us so they brought him up like a LB.

He is a good tackler and before the season is out, he will cause a couple of fumbles.

I was agreeing with you Brother =)

Gotcha. The post was not directed at you, just posters in general. You have been around for a few years. IYO, has this forum gotten better or worse?

He plays centerfield alot and deep. I just wish he would come up sooner and make a read/play. The rams game they were running on us so they brought him up like a LB.

He is a good tackler and before the season is out, he will cause a couple of fumbles.

His tackling used to be as bad as it gets, as he always went high. Good deal in college but, a nightmare in the NFL. I am very impressed with his finally learning under Coyle.

I have a friend, former DB at a small college school, who used to RIP THE HELL out of his tackles. This week, it was VG job.

I'm sorry, he takes beyond terrible angles and can't track the ball. There's absolutely no getting around it. He's FAR from "Good at worst" I mean come on.

He has the stiffest hips Ive seen on a starting safety, he can't track the ball, and he's prone the mental lapses when he takes his angles. You see it every single week. Some times it's more noticeable then others, including the Raiders screen pass that went for a TD (when Clemons took out a defender from making the tackle... yet again!) to when he blew a coverage against Stephen Hill that should have resulted in a TD until Sanchez overthrew it.

He's a great tackler now and I really like how he plays the run. That's it. We absolutely need to upgrade the FS position, though.

Clemmons does not seem to have the natural ability of our other DB's but he has stayed on the team as a starter it appears for being in better positions than our other options. Overall with the VD trade I thought we were toast and we still have issues back there. The football geeks on this site say the secondary is improving but we have bigger test coming up in the 2nd half of the season. We have a ton of recievers on the squad and we need a couple of them to step up so we can look at some guys in the secondary. Our backup safty is Amaya or Wilson so we are thin back there. Looks like we have the right guys coaching back there which is huge. Clemons has proven to be injury prone to and gets hurt just about every year.

I hate having to spend the time to do this but, am waiting for my Canes. Here is what Clemons has given up in coverage:

In game #1- 0

Game #2- 0-1

Game #3- 2-2, 27 yards, and pick

Game #4- 1-2 for 4 yards

Game #5- 2-3 for 14 yards.

Game #6- 3-3 for 63 yards, One play for 65 yards.

Yeah, he has been absolutely horrible. LOL

i think if you go back thru 6 weeks of game play and took a look at the plays that sprung for big yardage against our d you'll find that chris clemons has had at least some partial blame on many of em...whether it be blowing a assignment not maintaining depth in 2 deep or inability to limit rac in the open field when the plays downhill and that's what he's there for in the first place...his tackling when he's actually gotten his hands on a guy for a free safety has been pretty solid i'd say but those hips which will never change are a big problem...and he doesn't have much awareness when it comes to depth and what the opposition wants to do in the vertical passing game...ball skills pretty much not there also...

if the plays in front of chris clemons and he doesn't have to change directions on the way there clemons is solid...otherwise ehhh...

Back
Top Bottom