why is everbody down on randy and chris ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is everbody down on randy and chris ?

I think everyone is down on them because they have a lot of talent, but are just too inconsistent. A lot of people like to blame the QB play or the playcalling and that does factor in, but you also need to put some blame on the players themselves. I love both of them and have every bit of confidence in their abilities to make plays on a consistent basis, but with the money they make they need to step up and step up now or they'll both be gone soon.

I'm not down on Randy. He's been a proven tight end prior to Saban. IMO Chambers quit a lot last year and didn't hussle. When every one else is busting their butt, and a player quits I have no use for him.

In my opinion they played ok it is just that when it is at a crucial point of the game they underperform. R. Mc. drops too many crucial pass and chambers is not a gamechanging wide reciever.
okay so who would you start in place of chris? Pick one guy on our roster who is better at the #1 wr position?:tantrum:

Booker could be 1, Welker or Hagan as #2 - other #3. Cut Vick, unless he would be good as a return guy. Draft a WR and Sign Arosha from the Colts Practice Squard.

Booker could be 1, Welker or Hagan as #2 - other #3. Cut Vick, unless he would be good as a return guy. Draft a WR and Sign Arosha from the Colts Practice Squard.
I don't think Booker can stay healthy a whole season to be a number one receiver that you could count on to be in the game.:wink:

i have been a dolphin fan since the evolution of the miami dolphins and i have never seen so many people get down on our players like i have this year. what i dont get is , if a man has a bad year fickle fans come out like cochroaches and rip the guy . example is randy mcmichael and chris chambers they both played well last year and this year we had a idiot for a offensive coordinator and a qb that couldn't find the restroom if you glued a map on his nose.
now i realize that we all have differnt opinions but i think dolphin fans need to look at the whole team. our oline is a sorry excuse for a oline our qb situation is horrific. so why not rip the guilty party. sure the receivers droped a lot of balls ,yet i think if we get a qb and a oline chris and randy will play better next year. mularkey really didnt set up randy and chris to succeed and we also didnt get ronnie involed .

lets give thes guys one more year.

they are supposed to be playmakers and the best we have. Sure, there's plenty of blame to go around, but they drop too many passes, screw up too much. I've followed every game since the 70's and I've got to tell you, if this is the best we got, it's no wonder we suck on offense. No QB, poor line, inconsistent tightend and number one receiver.

Chambers was supposed to be the #1 guy in Miami last season and he finished #3. He has one Pro-Bowl season in 6 years in the NFL. The guy has talent. He is a good WR. But he is over-rated at the #1 spot. Miami should get someone to compete with him for the #1 spot.

McMichael is still good as a blocking TE. He is still good as a receiving TE. But he has lost that edge in receiving that he once had. He may get it back in 2007. He is still good enough to start in Miami and lead the TEs.

i have been a dolphin fan since the evolution of the miami dolphins and i have never seen so many people get down on our players like i have this year. what i dont get is , if a man has a bad year fickle fans come out like cochroaches and rip the guy . example is randy mcmichael and chris chambers they both played well last year and this year we had a idiot for a offensive coordinator and a qb that couldn't find the restroom if you glued a map on his nose.
now i realize that we all have differnt opinions but i think dolphin fans need to look at the whole team. our oline is a sorry excuse for a oline our qb situation is horrific. so why not rip the guilty party. sure the receivers droped a lot of balls ,yet i think if we get a qb and a oline chris and randy will play better next year. mularkey really didnt set up randy and chris to succeed and we also didnt get ronnie involed .

lets give thes guys one more year.

It's a perception thing. Every year it's "give them one more year." We keep saying this because of the word "potential." In this case, PHYSICALLY these two are as limitless as any. Mentally they have yet to put it together and at some point you have to know when to say it's time to move on. Like the really hot girlfriend who treats you like crap. Sure she looks good, but that's about it.

If Chambers and McMichael had the same 2006 seasons and Miami were going to be playing the Super Bowl, I doubt anybody would be complaining. I think it's the lack of success since the two of them joined the team. We haven't won a playoff game since Chambers came aboard, and we haven't even been to the playoffs since Randy got here.

I think there are good reasons to be critical of either player, but this seems like a chicken-egg thing to me. You can suggest Chambers and McMichael are dragging the team down or the team is dragging them down.

Randy has been the only player i've openly critisized,,joey just plain stinks,the reason why randy bothers me is because he does'nt take care of his body,does'nt take his craft serious in the offseason,,does'nt he look sloppy and clumsy when he catches the ball,thats because his body is not in optimum condition,,i would love a new tight end on our team come opening day.

Im not going to say our Qb's are great because they werent but also in alot of the games I watched aalot of 3rd down catchable balls just not being caught. If the receiver doesnt stop and turn around for the ball and doesnt touch it, it only goes as incomplete not a drop. Whoose fault is that??? Most games we cost ourselves alot of points and field position by just not making that one catch.

Why are the fans down on Chris? Well, let's see. He's had 1/2 of a season where he's played at a pro-bowl level and 5 and a half seasons where he has played at the level of a second or third tier receiver. He was so bad last year that he was outgained in production by a much smaller and slower guy who had the ball thrown to him about half as much. Geez, I wonder what it could be.

Back
Top Bottom