Why is everybody slobbering over Cromartie? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everybody slobbering over Cromartie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufmike22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He has one career start in college football. That means he's never been good enough to start at corner on his own team. So he hurts his knee and doesn't play at all this year and he somehow gets good enough to take in the first round of the draft to cover NFL wideouts?

How many of you guys have actually seen him play and be worthy of the "top 3 talent" label that Mel Kiper - I mean - Boomer has bestowed upon him? Is it his 5 career picks? Was it that lucky bounce he caught on that fumble return touchdown against Miami in 2004?

He only has buzz because he was a highly touted recruit, not because he actually made a worthy case of being one of the best players in college football.

You've got plenty of guys in this draft, way more than last year, that are physically impressive and produced in college. Wouldn't it make more sense to take one of those guys instead of gambling on a corner who hasn't played a whole lot of college football while coming off of a major knee injury?

ChambersWI said:
6'3 cornerback. Nuff said.

The one reason why I'm iffy about him is he didn't play this year.

So if a corner is 6'3", he's automatically the best?

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=126337

look at how high some of these posters have cromartie rated. Ahead of Reggie Bush???

Boomer had that post in the thread earlier saying he has as good of hips as he's seen this decade. I have to wonder how many guys hips Boomer has been watching this decade.

I'm not saying he's the best, but with how tall the WRs are getting tall CBs will be getting higher grades until they prove they don't deserve to go that high.

Look no further than last year with Oregon State CB Brandon Browner. He was 6'4, and reportedly ran a 4.4 40 so he had a late 1st grade. But at the combine and pro day he ran a 4.6 and went undrafted.

If Cromartie has good workouts, he'll be a first round pick

Obviously Cromartie's potential is a lot bigger than the results so far but the reason im so big on him is the fact that he could slip to our pick in the 2nd and that would be an absolute robbery considering the skill set this guy brings. He was considered by many to be the top cornerback in the nation and was a pre-season all-american. If he didnt get injured he likely would have been a top ten pick this year. I wouldnt gamble on him with our first but id be all about it if he ends up falling to us in the 2nd.

he is a shutdown corner with freak physical ability who fits nick saban's mold for tough physical corners with smarts to go along with his physical attributes. that's why.

Is this a boomer hater thread? we need to have a forum for this .I havent heard anything about us going after this guy although i agree with madlib on this one .. if he falls to the second round he would be tough to pass up.

After reading this thread again ...someone is hatin.. me thinks mike is upset with boomer more so than anyone wanting crom.

The guy runs like a deer, is very fluid and could play either wr,cb or safety he does not have alot of playing time but you just know when a guy is a stud and he is, but i dont want to waste a 1st on a guy who just came off knee surgery. maybe in the 2nd though.

ufmike22 said:
He has one career start in college football. That means he's never been good enough to start at corner on his own team. So he hurts his knee and doesn't play at all this year and he somehow gets good enough to take in the first round of the draft to cover NFL wideouts?

How many of you guys have actually seen him play and be worthy of the "top 3 talent" label that Mel Kiper - I mean - Boomer has bestowed upon him? Is it his 5 career picks? Was it that lucky bounce he caught on that fumble return touchdown against Miami in 2004?

He only has buzz because he was a highly touted recruit, not because he actually made a worthy case of being one of the best players in college football.

You've got plenty of guys in this draft, way more than last year, that are physically impressive and produced in college. Wouldn't it make more sense to take one of those guys instead of gambling on a corner who hasn't played a whole lot of college football while coming off of a major knee injury?

Antonio Cromartie is a big cornerback with oustanding speed. He was named first team All-ACC his sophomore season when he tied for the conference lead in interceptions, returning one for a TD. Cromartie has loads of talent and could have easily been a top 15 pick next year if he had returned to school and proved that he was over his ACL injury.

Sounds like hatred for cromartie is based on him being a gators homer more than anything.

he has alot of potential. If he will be healthy, he will be a big time upgrade in our secondary if we can land him. I am all for it. 6'3 is alot bigger than most WRs, I like that match up

[mod]Do not attack anyone just because you don't agree with them. [/mod]

badfoot said:
After reading this thread again ...someone is hatin.. me thinks mike is upset with boomer more so than anyone wanting crom.
I'm not upset with Boomer, I just think he's a huge tool. As I stated above, I think him declaring Cromartie as top 3 talent is incredibly weak based on the limited showcase Cromartie has actually had to display. He didn't yet prove himself as an elite, reliable player in college and all of a sudden he's worht the gamble after a major knee injury at the next level? Boomer says he has the best hips he's seen this decade and people are eating it up. How does Boomer measure these hips? How does the 1997 class of CB stack up in terms of hips? 1998? 1999?

If he runs a 4.2 and has a 40 inch vertical and is a legit 6'3" on Tuesday, then I could understand saying he is a top talent. But basing it now on the 4 INTs he had in 2004 and his 5 star recruting ranking is about as lame as it gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom