Why is everyone so excited about Boston?? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so excited about Boston??

Glad the guy decided to resign...if he can stay healthy, look out! I think his decision to resign with the Dolphins says that he wants to prove himself here, and if he has a good year, then some team will pony up the $$, until then...kick some *** David!

philyphin said:
Chambers is our third best Wr, now. Booker & Boston are both better receivers, then Chambers. Boston would make it very hard on a nickel corner with his speed & large body to cover coming out of the slot, although he is a number one receiver. Chambers has not even come close to Bookers & Bostons yardage numbers in there better seasons, and booker played with the bears and boston with the cards & Chargers, not exactly light up the air teams.
Im not going to rebut or agree with this statement..... all I will say is Chambers IMO is not a legit #1 WR in the NFL and is perfectly suited to play in the slot..... I always get rocks thrown at me when I say this, but I am sticking to it. People make sooo many excuses for why he hasnt posted a 1000 yard season yet. He has great leaping ability, but for me he doesnt have the height and the numbers to be a legit #1 WR. There are a LOT of teams in the NFL who dont have that #1 WR. This is just going on what I base my definitions on. Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison are the legit #1s in my book and Chad Johnson, Eric Moulds, Chris Chambers, Jimmy Smith, etc are the borderline #1s. Just for the record, the #1 WR doesnt haveto be the best WR on your team. I think Reggie Wayne and Stokley had more yards than Harrison last year....... not sure though. And Hines Ward always out-performs Plaxico, but Hines Ward is a #2 posession WR whereas Plaxico is your tall deep threat. But again, this is all in the definition. If you want to define your #1 WR as the best WR on your team, then all 32 teams in the NFL have #1 WRs. However I dont define or think of it that way.....

If Boston can resume form of 2 years ago and Booker can keep up his numbers, its not that far fetched to say that all 3 will put up very similar numbers next year. I think that they are all pretty much equal. Booker is a definate #2 WR though because of his style. He is your posession #2 WR. Chambers and Boston to me are interchangeable between the #1 and slot spots...... right now CC is better but if Boston can return to old form, I dunno.....

Boston also put his numbers up on roids.... Im going to wait and see if he can put up the same numbers with a 233 lb frame.... Ideally I would LOVE to see him at 225. Even at 225, he is still a monster for the 180-190 lb 5'11 Cbs in the NFL to cover and tackle.

At 6'2 225 lbs with great speed, good hands, great size, and a deep threat, Boston COULD.... COULD become our #1 WR.

I personally believe Boston will be our #1, Booker our #2, and Chambers our slot guy when we have 3 WR sets. Either way, Boston or Chambers in the slot would create a ton of matchup problems.

Phins34 said:
Every single other team in this league has passed on him for basically for free...Even the worst team in the NFL (49ers) passed on him. He just tore his patella tendon, which is even worse than an ACL or MCL. He has had 1 Pro Bowl season and will never be as good as he was then. He has also tested positive for steriods which means he has to be off of them now. They probably contributed to his Pro Bowl season. I'll be surprised if this guy is moderately helpful throughout the season. Everyone is acting like we just signed Randy Moss and that he is the missing link to our offensive woes. Until we get some new guys in here on the O-line, you can throw all the optimism out the window. It will take us at least 2 - 3 more years to become a playoff contender.

Always with the negative vibes moriarity..............

He wasn't as big during his pro bowl season so your assumption is not a good one.

If he's healthy he's a very good receiver at his worst, if he's motivated and healthy he can be dominant.

This is a no lose situation and by the way he turned down a bigger offer from Tennessee.

Philter25 said:
I personally believe Boston will be our #1, Booker our #2, and Chambers our slot guy when we have 3 WR sets. Either way, Boston or Chambers in the slot would create a ton of matchup problems.

I think that's very possible. Saban isn't going to be hindered favorites since this is his first go 'round here.

BlueFin said:
Always with the negative vibes moriarity..............

Makes you wonder why some people call themselves "fans", don't it? Seems like all they do is spout about how crappy their team is compared to everyone else's. Odd.

Philter25 said:
Im not going to rebut or agree with this statement..... all I will say is Chambers IMO is not a legit #1 WR in the NFL and is perfectly suited to play in the slot..... I always get rocks thrown at me when I say this, but I am sticking to it. People make sooo many excuses for why he hasnt posted a 1000 yard season yet. He has great leaping ability, but for me he doesnt have the height and the numbers to be a legit #1 WR. There are a LOT of teams in the NFL who dont have that #1 WR. This is just going on what I base my definitions on. Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress, Terrell Owens, Marvin Harrison are the legit #1s in my book and Chad Johnson, Eric Moulds, Chris Chambers, Jimmy Smith, etc are the borderline #1s. Just for the record, the #1 WR doesnt haveto be the best WR on your team. I think Reggie Wayne and Stokley had more yards than Harrison last year....... not sure though. And Hines Ward always out-performs Plaxico, but Hines Ward is a #2 posession WR whereas Plaxico is your tall deep threat. But again, this is all in the definition. If you want to define your #1 WR as the best WR on your team, then all 32 teams in the NFL have #1 WRs. However I dont define or think of it that way.....

If Boston can resume form of 2 years ago and Booker can keep up his numbers, its not that far fetched to say that all 3 will put up very similar numbers next year. I think that they are all pretty much equal. Booker is a definate #2 WR though because of his style. He is your posession #2 WR. Chambers and Boston to me are interchangeable between the #1 and slot spots...... right now CC is better but if Boston can return to old form, I dunno.....

Boston also put his numbers up on roids.... Im going to wait and see if he can put up the same numbers with a 233 lb frame.... Ideally I would LOVE to see him at 225. Even at 225, he is still a monster for the 180-190 lb 5'11 Cbs in the NFL to cover and tackle.

At 6'2 225 lbs with great speed, good hands, great size, and a deep threat, Boston COULD.... COULD become our #1 WR.

I think Booker is your slot guy in three receiver sets.

BlueFin said:
I think Booker is your slot guy in three receiver sets.
Booker doesnt have Boston's or Chambers speed. Booker has the best hands though..... Booker is great across the middle on the 8-10 yard routes because of his hands. He also knows how to get open and reads defenses and holes in defenses a lot better than Chambers does IMO.

He just doesnt have the speed to work out of the slot.....

Philter25 said:
Booker doesnt have Boston's or Chambers speed. Booker has the best hands though..... Booker is great across the middle on the 8-10 yard routes because of his hands. He also knows how to get open and reads defenses and holes in defenses a lot better than Chambers does IMO.

He just doesnt have the speed to work out of the slot.....

I disagree and I think the most important thing the slot receiver needs is the willingness to go over the middle.

PHINZONER said:
I just do not get it! Why is everybody so excited about Ronnie Brown? All he had done is back up a Caddy in college.

Well.... Let's see here...... potential.....potential..... potential.....

Wait, what do I mean potential. He is a freaking prowbowler. He has proven it. He admitted he was so sick of losing that he lost his desire to play in SD. That is why he wants to play for less$$$ in Miami. B/c he sees where this team is finally headed, and w/ an oc and a coach that will move the ball.

"I GUESS THAT IS WHY"

You've lost me on this one. Are you talking about Boston or Brown?

I agree with the original poster 110%. OK so the move is low risk, I dont see us getting much of anything from Boston so Im not excited about it. To me he is just a minimum contract guy with a 50/50 shot of making any contribution to the team. There isnt any harm in giving him a look but Im not expecting a thing from Boston. Hopefully he proves me wrong but frankly I think hes one of the most overrated players Ive ever seen in this league. Why everyone acts like its a given that he is a Probowl caliber player is beyond me. One good year, big biceps, who cares? When he becomes a real football player let me know. Ive seen plenty of physical specimens in every gym Ive worked out at, I wouldnt be excited if we signed any of them either.

Like Joe Chad Said Hes 62 240 Muscle Balzing Speed Is One Of The Best Receivers In The Leuge , No Brainer

Back
Top Bottom