Why is everyone so excited about Boston?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so excited about Boston??

philyphin said:
Chambers is our third best Wr, now. Booker & Boston are both better receivers, then Chambers. Boston would make it very hard on a nickel corner with his speed & large body to cover coming out of the slot, although he is a number one receiver. Chambers has not even come close to Bookers & Bostons yardage numbers in there better seasons, and booker played with the bears and boston with the cards & Chargers, not exactly light up the air teams.

Okay, now you better duck.

philyphin said:
Chambers is our third best Wr, now. Booker & Boston are both better receivers, then Chambers. Boston would make it very hard on a nickel corner with his speed & large body to cover coming out of the slot, although he is a number one receiver. Chambers has not even come close to Bookers & Bostons yardage numbers in there better seasons, and booker played with the bears and boston with the cards & Chargers, not exactly light up the air teams.
:eek:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

stop it... no, seriously... you're killing me.

grendel said:
boston = huge upside wit nothing to lose (vet minimum), can't beat that with a donkey Kong!
I don't necessarily agree. There is plenty to lose. He COULD end up being a locker room cancer. He has been called that in the past. I agree there is HUGE upside, but I am still somewhat concerned over this knucklehead. He has not been dependable for a while now. If it was really that cut and dry with "nothing to lose" I think you would have had more teams involved in his bidding and thus the price would have been a bit higher.

I am not necessarily against the signing, but just a bit skeptical.

4 letters: H O P E

Phins34 said:
Every single other team in this league has passed on him for basically for free...Even the worst team in the NFL (49ers) passed on him. He just tore his patella tendon, which is even worse than an ACL or MCL. He has had 1 Pro Bowl season and will never be as good as he was then. He has also tested positive for steriods which means he has to be off of them now. They probably contributed to his Pro Bowl season. I'll be surprised if this guy is moderately helpful throughout the season. Everyone is acting like we just signed Randy Moss and that he is the missing link to our offensive woes. Until we get some new guys in here on the O-line, you can throw all the optimism out the window. It will take us at least 2 - 3 more years to become a playoff contender.
After a 4-12 season every talented player you add to the squad is worth of hope.
Many of us as dolfans that one year ago were freaking day by day, somehow we feel that most of the lack of chances to win among last season were because RW moved out, Boston was injured in preseason and Feeley never fitted into that "inoffensive" scheme.
So in our hearts there's showed as big hope signals a NEW and totally different offensive system (where we expect AJ may improve and be a big winner), Boston's return (no matter what happened, he's a great upgrade for our crew) and still pray for Ricky's return (even Ronnie Brown is a great solution, we have that soundy Run-Ricky-Run in our throats yet).

Phins34 said:
We have the same exact O-line....I know we got one of the best oline coaches in the game, but you can't make **** smell like roses. Until we get some guys with talent on the Oline, we are going to have the same struggles. Ronnie Brown should be a great player and someone we can build around. The same goes for Chambers and McMichael, but after that we have nothing. We have to build around this guys and it's a good start for saban. I want the fins to turn things around in one year too, but in all reality this is going to be a process im sure, and we will have to be patient.
Most of the greatest alltimes O-lines were the product of no-big names, but well couched linemen.
Obviously every learning process has a curve, and a more talented crew surely would do that learning curve somehow smaller, but also that kind of couching staff will handle that and it's my word that no matter what you saw last season, this guys will become something else.

IMO its entirely possible that Booker, and Boston could out perform Chambers, if either of them get back to or close to their previous form.

philyphin said:

Like it or not folks, this assessment is pretty close. If healthy, Boston is a bigger threat than Chambers deep, short, intermediate .... Between Chambers and Booker ... Well, Booker's put up better numbers with the crummy Bears, but from what I've seen, they're pretty much equal.

Phins34 said:
We have the same exact O-line....I know we got one of the best oline coaches in the game, but you can't make **** smell like roses. Until we get some guys with talent on the Oline, we are going to have the same struggles. Ronnie Brown should be a great player and someone we can build around. The same goes for Chambers and McMichael, but after that we have nothing. We have to build around this guys and it's a good start for saban. I want the fins to turn things around in one year too, but in all reality this is going to be a process im sure, and we will have to be patient.

Saban said it the best way..." The o-line position is the easiest postion to have a developmental player and turn them into a solid starter"... With houck at the reigns you can tweek and fix what was wrong with the techniques. If you have a broken down shelby mustang cobra can you not sup it up to make it run again and fix and tweek the engine so you blow 500 hp out of it? This oline has gotten bigger and apparently stronger..... Boston only adds to our depth and we could have gotten a steal in this signing if he's really taking a pay cut to come here and all that.....

Oboy said:
I don't necessarily agree. There is plenty to lose. He COULD end up being a locker room cancer. He has been called that in the past. I agree there is HUGE upside, but I am still somewhat concerned over this knucklehead. He has not been dependable for a while now. If it was really that cut and dry with "nothing to lose" I think you would have had more teams involved in his bidding and thus the price would have been a bit higher.

I am not necessarily against the signing, but just a bit skeptical.

He was not a cancer in our locker room. In fact, he was lauded for his hard work and dedication. My only concern with him is the injury risk and I think his contract mitigates that.

J Tes said:
To be fair, that paper bag is named Dwight Freeney. Possibly the best pass rusher in the league

I was going to point out the same thing. He did cost us the game, but if someone's going to blow by you, you've got to feel a little better with it being someone like Freeney or Taylor.

now aj will have 3 or four options cuase you never knew what could have happened with derrius even thoguh he was improving

I just do not get it! Why is everybody so excited about Ronnie Brown? All he had done is back up a Caddy in college.

Well.... Let's see here...... potential.....potential..... potential.....

Wait, what do I mean potential. He is a freaking prowbowler. He has proven it. He admitted he was so sick of losing that he lost his desire to play in SD. That is why he wants to play for less$$$ in Miami. B/c he sees where this team is finally headed, and w/ an oc and a coach that will move the ball.

"I GUESS THAT IS WHY"

Back
Top Bottom