Why is everyone so excited about Boston?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so excited about Boston??

Justasportsfan said:
Phins34 , didn't I tell you to duck?

LOL -- I'm not really one for bashing people, and I'm going to refrain from name calling.

I would appreciate it if you chose another team too :wink: (Phins34) Talk about pessimism! How could you not be the least bit excited about Boston? The potential for reward is far greater than the cost. I know that is redundant, but Boston is a physical SPECIMEN. He is fast, strong, has good hands, and good awareness. If he somehow were to get to 100%, he is better than anyone we have. I know that isn't going to happen, but don't you think he can have more of an impact than Derrius Thompson?

With Linehan's offense, its essential that we have 3 wide receivers that are impact players.

For the Boston naysayers -- I can't wait to say "I told you so."

Its weird, but when I woke up today, I went to the site knowing for some reason that there would be a Boston announcement. I'm very excited also.

Honestly, I think either David Boston or Channing Crowder will make a splash in a big way on this team. They were both risk VS reward situations, and the upside far outweighed the downside.

Phins34 said:
Wade Smith couldn't block a paper bag....a la Indy game 2 years ago
To be fair, that paper bag is named Dwight Freeney. Possibly the best pass rusher in the league

Phins34 said:
Every single other team in this league has passed on him for basically for free...Even the worst team in the NFL (49ers) passed on him. He just tore his patella tendon, which is even worse than an ACL or MCL. He has had 1 Pro Bowl season and will never be as good as he was then. He has also tested positive for steriods which means he has to be off of them now. They probably contributed to his Pro Bowl season. I'll be surprised if this guy is moderately helpful throughout the season. Everyone is acting like we just signed Randy Moss and that he is the missing link to our offensive woes. Until we get some new guys in here on the O-line, you can throw all the optimism out the window. It will take us at least 2 - 3 more years to become a playoff contender.

Uhh, not every team passed on him, there were other teams interested...he choose Miami. I do agree that the Niners are the worst team in the league though:)
Also, he hasn't tested positive for steriods, it was "performance enhancing" supplements.
The 2-3 years thing is WAY out of line. Did you watch any games last year?? Even with the depleted team we had, we were in every game but one. With the coaching staff we had last year compared to this year is night and day. Believe me, coaching is now what makes the difference in the NFL. Every team has good players. That's why there's such parity (salary cap). Coaching is, by far, going to be the difference. I'm hoping that every team we face this year also thinks that we're not going to be any good as well...

Anyways, as far as Boston goes...when healthy, the guy is a flat out stud. IMO he will have a limited role this year and will have a monster year in '06...but that's just me.

J Tes said:
To be fair, that paper bag is named Dwight Freeney. Possibly the best pass rusher in the league

True, but no starting left tackle in the NFL should be abused as badly as Smith was. What did Freeney have? Four sacks? That and the ridiculous loss to Houston were the two most frustrating games I watched that season. I've never been one to pin a loss solely on one player, but if ever there was a time, that was it. I've *NEVER* seen a left tackle play worse than Smith did in that game. I don't care if he was trying to block LT in his prime. (As an aside, if I hear LaDainian Tomlinson referred to as "LT" one more time, I'm taking hostages.)

As for Boston, I hate to say it, but Phins34 kind of has a point. If you're happy because this is a low-risk, high-reward pickup, then good. That's what I feel right now, too. If healthy, Boston can be a very dangerous player. And if he's not healthy, we lose nothing, because it's such a cheap contract.
But if you're looking at Boston and expecting anything close to his 2001 season, you're flat-out delusional. The guy missed all of last year, most of the 2002 season, and hasn't been really good since 2001. That's a LONG time, irrespective of the fact that he's still 26. And I think a lot of people are suddenly thinking that Boston will magically revert to his 2001 form, or something close to it, and give us the league's best receiving corps. We're not there yet. If everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) breaks right, then we can have a top 5 receiving corps. But that's a long way off.

Given that Boston stays healthy he can be a very big threat to other teams D. The fact that he made the pro-bowl playing on the Arizona offense is enough for me to take a chance with him. Hopefully we can have him get through camp and come out playing tough and nails.

To the person that was talking about last year in preseason training camp. People dont remember all the talk about Boston making amazing catches and being extremely fast.

As everybody else has said, low risk- high rewards.

I get excited about almost every move we make. Esp a move that make our receiving core a real threat w/ depth. It's called supporting your team and being a fan. Boston when healthy is a 1000yd receiver. With booker and chambers how can you not be excited?

Stop starting threads Lebetard.

DavidBoston-1.jpg

I have no idea

JJT said:
WRONG...DUMBA*S!!! Do you even follow the NFL?If your interested in being a fan of a team that won't compete for 2 or 3 more years go find your self another team. Really, Miami doesn't need you and sure as hell does'nt want you!! You think you're being realistic but you're just kicking around your own real doubt...in other words you're just a Hater. Go hate some other team pal. We don't need fans like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

So a true fan is only one that feels that they can win every year? Some people on here are just so over zealous that they seem to have a different perception of reality. We had 4 wins last year...Honestly, what do you expect from this team. If we are 8-8, I think Saban is a God. I have been a fins fan since birth and would love the fins to win it all next year, but if we go 8-8 I'm happy because that is a hell of an improvement for a team that was just horid last year. If you expect us to be a playoff team next year, you will probably be really disappointed. The main thing is to show improvement. It will take a couple of years for Saban to get the guys he wants around here. This is basically still the same team Wanny assembled. Aside from Brown, every other starter on offense is from Wanny. I want to win next year just as much as anyone, but mostly I just want to see some good improvement.

Also, I believe it is an incentive laden contract and Boston knows he has to perform. I am sure he wasnt happy with his last 2 years or so and wants redemption!

It's a good move. We're not really counting on him, and if he heals well he can flat out play possibly better than any receiver we have on the roster. For the veteran's minimum plus a few incentives? I don't see why anyone should be complaining, even if he does have a bad attitude?

We've got Chambers and Booker, Thompson, and then from there its Gilmore and some other scrubbies. Boston adds good depth. It won't kill us this year like it did last year when Boston gets injured or suspended (and he probably will).

A partial tear in the patella is not nearly as severe as an ACL. Boston's last year in Arizona was his pro bowl year. In that year he was the most physically dominant receiver in the league, including Moss and Owens.
He was having a great camp last year prior to the injury. If the current deal is low risk, why not make it. If he's even 75% of what he once was ,then that would make him better than 50% of the starting WR's in this league already. That's not bad for your 3rd receiver. Who knows, maybe he shows up with a chip on his shoulder and plays as if he has something to prove.

Phins34 said:
So a true fan is only one that feels that they can win every year? Some people on here are just so over zealous that they seem to have a different perception of reality. We had 4 wins last year...Honestly, what do you expect from this team. If we are 8-8, I think Saban is a God. I have been a fins fan since birth and would love the fins to win it all next year, but if we go 8-8 I'm happy because that is a hell of an improvement for a team that was just horid last year. If you expect us to be a playoff team next year, you will probably be really disappointed. The main thing is to show improvement. It will take a couple of years for Saban to get the guys he wants around here. This is basically still the same team Wanny assembled. Aside from Brown, every other starter on offense is from Wanny. I want to win next year just as much as anyone, but mostly I just want to see some good improvement.

Phins...Im not one for name calling either..but..come on. This is not essentially the same team as last year. For one look at the coaching staff. Second...look at the depth on the d line. We now have a possible stud running back..with another "rumored" to be on the way back. Dont show your ignorance by making dumb statements like the above. We have an entirely new offensive system. One that throws the ball down field. We have two QB's who can throw the deep ball. We will have a much better O Line...just based on the O Line coach. Ive talked with many Pats fans this year..and many of them now see us as a threat....unlike the end of last season. Nobody knows what to expect from our D. One thing we know for sure..is it isnt gonna be "Vanilla" like in the past. Boston adds to what D coordinators have to game plan before. Do you honestly think they will game plan for him..as though hes a player who couldnt been signed by any team, or will the game plan for him like a WR who could break it at any moment. Just that alone makes Boston effective. Still think they will double up on Chris?

vt_dolfan said:
Phins...Im not one for name calling either..but..come on. This is not essentially the same team as last year. For one look at the coaching staff. Second...look at the depth on the d line. We now have a possible stud running back..with another "rumored" to be on the way back. Dont show your ignorance by making dumb statements like the above. We have an entirely new offensive system. One that throws the ball down field. We have two QB's who can throw the deep ball. We will have a much better O Line...just based on the O Line coach. Ive talked with many Pats fans this year..and many of them now see us as a threat....unlike the end of last season. Nobody knows what to expect from our D. One thing we know for sure..is it isnt gonna be "Vanilla" like in the past. Boston adds to what D coordinators have to game plan before. Do you honestly think they will game plan for him..as though hes a player who couldnt been signed by any team, or will the game plan for him like a WR who could break it at any moment. Just that alone makes Boston effective. Still think they will double up on Chris?

Logic will get you nowhere with some of the posters on this site.

Back
Top Bottom