Why is it??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section126 said:
Dude...you are now getting compliments when you just post that it is "your opinion" of such and such...

go look...you are getting credit now for run of the mill posts.

You are way too angry and antagonistic.

just curious, before we put this thread to bed... any luck finding an instance where i called anyone here an "idiot, moron or nazi?"

Now I hate to get into this one... Especially because it is not really my fight, and becaue I tend to not like to try to tell anyone how to run things in their home... But it is true that in the Po/Fo there are posters who do not accept criticism to certain politics, created by certain president, and/or military, and/or republican party (which are the people that we, mistakingly maybe, consider right wing posters, compared to us the people who actually put up these particular criticisms which are considered left wing posters) and express that rejection through harsh words, and namecalling.

This attitude is completely allowed, without any problems (which is understandable since there has to be some antagonism in a political forum, the very nature of it makes it necessary) but we (the so perceived left wingers) strongly believe that in some moments this posters (I got 2 in mind, but I aint saying who) get a more lenient approach to their personal attacks than the one we (not me, since I don't believe I have insulted someone, but people like Press Coverage) get for our retorts to the same attacks...

Now this ended up being a long post... But I do believe this to be true.

Quelonio said:
Now I hate to get into this one... Especially because it is not really my fight, and becaue I tend to not like to try to tell anyone how to run things in their home... But it is true that in the Po/Fo there are posters who do not accept criticism to certain politics, created by certain president, and/or military, and/or republican party (which are the people that we, mistakingly maybe, consider right wing posters, compared to us the people who actually put up these particular criticisms which are considered left wing posters) and express that rejection through harsh words, and namecalling.

This attitude is completely allowed, without any problems (which is understandable since there has to be some antagonism in a political forum, the very nature of it makes it necessary) but we (the so perceived left wingers) strongly believe that in some moments this posters (I got 2 in mind, but I aint saying who) get a more lenient approach to their personal attacks than the one we (not me, since I don't believe I have insulted someone, but people like Press Coverage) get for our retorts to the same attacks...

Now this ended up being a long post... But I do believe this to be true.
Don't worry, your perceptions are about to change.

PressCoverage said:
just curious, before we put this thread to bed... any luck finding an instance where i called anyone here an "idiot, moron or nazi?"

Press....it is in every one of your posts. I was obviously paraphrasing, but you do prefice every post with a quip on how those that disagree with you are not only wrong, but have either bad intentions or are just plain not Intelligent.

Section126 said:
Press....it is in every one of your posts. I was obviously paraphrasing, but you do prefice every post with a quip on how those that disagree with you are not only wrong, but have either bad intentions or are just plain not Intelligent.

i'm sorry Section... but that's just not the case at all... not only have you completely misrepresented what i say, and admitted bad paraphrasing (which i'm not sure you understand the definition of) but you're stretching your point based on emotion...

i do not question people's intelligence... only thier blatant overconfidence... nor have i ever, EVER suggested anyone here was a nazi... spin it any way you like, but you're blatantly lying...

PressCoverage said:
i'm sorry Section... but that's just not the case at all... not only have you completely misrepresented what i say, and admitted bad paraphrasing (which i'm not sure you understand the definition of) but you're stretching your point based on emotion...

i do not question people's intelligence... only thier blatant overconfidence... nor have i ever, EVER suggested anyone here was a nazi... spin it any way you like, but you're blatantly lying...
Yes, you do, regularly.

And being called on it by section126 is the height of irony.

BOTH, of you have an attitude that comes across as extremely arrogant, intolerant, and combative. 99% of confilcts on this site involve at least one person of this personality type. While yes, I did pull that number from my hiney, I'm sure that any staff member and many members would agree with that conservative estimate.

Now, I'm not saying this as a way to attack either of your character because I'm sure neither of you demonstate any of those traits in the real world. I can only assume that, A} You are not aware of the way your words come across in print or B} That I'm wrong, you are aware, and it is either intentional or uncontrollable.

If it were A, life would be great and perhaps you'd both start paying more attention to the way you are perceived by others and the conflict it arouses, and we could all move on happily leaving this silliness behind.

Unfortunately, if it's B, neither case is acceptable.

You both need to decide where we go from here. Your back and forth fighting cannot continue. Please, for everyone's sake, debate and be civil, or live and let live, or even use the ignore feature.

I certainly don't want either of you lost from this site, you're both extremely intelligent and interesting posters. This site would be less with either of you gone.

And with that, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom