Why is Wanny so blind? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Wanny so blind?

Fiedler sucks. We don't need to see stats. Just watch a game.

Re: Re: Why is Wanny so blind?

Originally posted by finfan54

dont worry phinfan34, all of them will be gone.

Wannstedt
Dixon
perry
Ruddy
Fiedler
nails?
Ogun?
todd Wade

I am down with all of this except for Ogun. I think the guy can play. If you are going to lose a DE, lose Taylor. Get players that are interested in their NFL career, not in their movie/showbiz/Nivea soap commercials.

Hopefully, we'll lose Zach, Marion, T.Bowens, and Seau too. Those guys won't be around for a championship run. Let the purge begin.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
If Dilfer could do it, Jay can do it as well.

ROFLMAO...Surely you jest. Dilfer had a problem in a short passing offense. Dilfer could throw the hell out of the long ball. Still can. Jay can't throw long. Jay can't throw 10 yard out patterns. Other than the hook in to McMichael, Jay can't throw at all. Lose this nonsensical "If Dilfer could do it" mentality. TD was/is a MUCH better QB than JF. Not even close.

the play calling is predictable and it has affect the best player on the O.. WILLIAMS! he can't even get a block to save his life. wheres the "ricky sucks put in Minor!" threads? it's not his fault and it's not JAYS FAULT!

cry and bitch all you want... Fiedler has won big games before, and he'll be the one to take miami to the superbowl, not "i get drunk and trip over my dog, and fall down stairs" griese. was there a reason why someone "great" was released from a team who had Clinton Portis, Rod Smith, Ed Mccaffrey, Shannon Sharpe, AND the best offensive line in the NFL? [/B][/QUOTE]

:::sigh::: Leave it to a Red Sox fan to say "it ain't so bad".

Memo to Panzer: Fiedler has NOT won big games before. Name me one big game he's won. The Minnesota game last year that would have clinched the division? The NE game last year where he missed a wide open JM in the endzone that would have clinched the game and division? The Ravens in the playoffs the year before that? The Raiders the year before that?

And the "he'll be THE one to take Miami to the SB" doesnt even really merit enough serious thought to make me want to respond. Even my lovely and gracious wife is LOL at that.

Panzer, this might be hard for you, so try to have the courage to believe this.....There is a real chance that Miami doesnt win 9 games this year. This is the reality son. You can be angry at me if you want, but its NOT MY FAULT. I didnt hire the sorry coach, I don't poorly prepare the team week after week, I don't lose to the Texans at home, and I dont miss wide open WRs.

This team will be lucky (and I mean DAMN LUCKY) to win 9 games.

Re: Re: Why is Wanny so blind?

Originally posted by dolfan06
we didn't go anywhere with marino either, so whats your point?

Whats YOUR Point? Since Dan didnt win the SB, we should accept every/any other sorry loser who also won't win the SB?

31 teams won't win the SB every year. All for different reasons. DM (for most of his career in Miami) was not the reason we sucked. Shula, Defense, Running game, crap WRs were the reason we sucked for the most part with Dan.

The problem with the QB is that he touches the ball every play. He doesnt need to be great, but it helps. And if he can't be great, he needs to not suck and you better have a great defense.

The problem for Jay (and us) is that he sucks. But hes not alone. So does DW.....So does Jim Bates, So does Norv.

Originally posted by DPlus47
is this another "the season's over" thread? like the ones the pats fans were having after week 1? isn't it just a little early?

No, its not too early. Not with this team, not with this coach, not with this QB. You might make the point that its only been 6 games. I would argue that its been 3 years plus 6 games. Nothing about this team has changed.

No killer instinct, no putting away lesser teams (whose best players are injured) no breaking out the whoop *** on any body. Every game we have played so far has been close going into the fourth qtr.

If you didnt know better, you couldnt tell this team was any different from last year or the year before that. Its the same ol sorry garbage. Year after year after year.

In reality, this season was over in week one. Actually, this season was over when DW and JF were brought back for another year. I posted it then, and I'm still posting it.

I hate to say it..but the truth is, right now....This team sucks.

Re: Re: Re: Why is Wanny so blind?

Originally posted by Boxer316

Whats YOUR Point? Since Dan didnt win the SB, we should accept every/any other sorry loser who also won't win the SB?

31 teams won't win the SB every year. All for different reasons. DM (for most of his career in Miami) was not the reason we sucked. Shula, Defense, Running game, crap WRs were the reason we sucked for the most part with Dan.

The problem with the QB is that he touches the ball every play. He doesnt need to be great, but it helps. And if he can't be great, he needs to not suck and you better have a great defense.

The problem for Jay (and us) is that he sucks. But hes not alone. So does DW.....So does Jim Bates, So does Norv.

Wow, why don't you just say that this team sucks??? :lol: :lol:

Oh please selective memory maybe? How many deep balls did Dilfur miss that year? Do you rememeber that super bowl or just what fits the argument? How many deep passes to P Johnson did he miss that game? I remember 4 for fact, one he had Johnson 30 yds down field with no defender around him for ten yards and obverthrew him by 15 yards. Dilfur also had a top ten 0-line, so lets just leave that important stat out cause it disproves your argument.

I understand teh concern with Jay, what i dont understand is the complete lack of objectionability. You use use less stats that tell half the story, but I assure you you will come back withhe threw this pik or missed that or did this look at the stats. In otherwords use what I just said you are using as a defense to me calling it.

Wake up and realize what the problem is is teh whole offense is not playing well from play calling to the receivers to teh running back. The problemn with Jay is, he is not physically able to carry the struggling offense. The deep ball is never going to be his strength, and teh o-line is not giving him time to find teh underneath consistently. Think about it, do you think this is a new revelation to defensive coord? Yet you can use td/ints ratio all you want, but the two years we had a running attack we avgd over 20 points a game, last year approx 24. 3 overall and 27.4 or so when Jay started. Say what you will with tHE #3 Defense that should be good enough. Now this year the o-line cannot open holes nor provide qb protection and our points per game go down, see any correlation? Any at all? or does that have absolutely nothing to do with it? We dont need the o-line to block do we? It all starts up front. Last year Jay had an extra second to find a receiver in the intermediate range, which happens to be his strength.

Ints? well of course everyone will say look at the stats see it proves it. Well exactly when has our receiver core been as good as Denvers or other teams that you use? To say those ints were all jays fault is ridiculous. How many passes did Mcknight tip in the air in 2001? How many went off his or Jordan, remeber him, thomas, remeber him? so yeah all those ints were the result of bad passes. Oh what was those win loss ratios in those years? I remember Jay bringing us back to win in those games, but lets not bring those up right? yeah we had a great run game in 2001 helping us to an 11-5 record as well right?

Point being wake up and realize that Jay may not be the answer, but it aint cause he suks it is cause he has physical limitations that prevent him from carrying this offnse when the components of such are broken.

Boxer blaming Jay for the Minn game last year is a classic example of a true reach. Explain exactly what Jay should have done from the sidelines to help the defense get Minn offense off teh field when the defense was giving up all thoise third down plays?

Originally posted by Boxer316

Memo to Panzer: Fiedler has NOT won big games before. Name me one big game he's won.

Panzer, this might be hard for you, so try to have the courage to believe this.....There is a real chance that Miami doesnt win 9 games this year. This is the reality son. You can be angry at me if you want, but its NOT MY FAULT. I didnt hire the sorry coach, I don't poorly prepare the team week after week, I don't lose to the Texans at home, and I dont miss wide open WRs.

This team will be lucky (and I mean DAMN LUCKY) to win 9 games.

How about the game in Denver last year and the Raiders game last year?

You sound like you're describing a team that never wins any games. Wanny's record in Miami is 35-19. Do the math. That stacks up very well against other coaches.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

You sound like you're describing a team that never wins any games. Wanny's record in Miami is 35-19. Do the math. That stacks up very well against other coaches.

Damn!!!!

When are you people going to learn that every one of those 35 wins was due to someone other than Wannstedt/ Fiedler and that everyone of those 19 losses was due to either Wannstedt/ Fiedler????????

Or, maybe not.:D

Miami at New England, Week 17.

Jay drops back to pass, three times.

Result?

Incompletion, incompletion, scramble short of the marker.

And you wonder why Norv doesn't call pass plays late in close games? Tip: They don't get executed.

Back
Top Bottom