Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson?

how come nobody talks about baker mayfields foot work when asked to reset his feet from the pocket?

how come nobody talks about baker mayfields foot work when asked to reset his feet from the pocket?

Because I don't see a "Why not draft Baker Mayfield?" thread? I don't think any of the QB coming out right now are "can't miss prospects."

Great question. In my case, it's because I don't see him sailing footballs into the stratosphere from time to time.

Actually...now that I think about it...the best QB comparison I can think of is a faster, more elusive Steve McNair.

Possibly but McNair was thick. I’m more concerned with Jackson’s build than anything else. I still say if Gase interviews Jackson and likes what hears pull the trigger.

I don't see how anyone could say lamar Jackson is a fit for miamis offense when it's pre snap and progression read

I'm fairly confident that Gase would never consider Lamar Jackson. Accuracy is close to the top of his list

I'm fairly confident that Gase would never consider Lamar Jackson. Accuracy is close to the top of his list
As it should be. If you're not accurate in college then you're not going to be in the NFL either. I don't want us to draft him or Mayfield for different reasons. Actually, Allen I would draft over the two of them but still, I don't believe we'll be drafting a QB at 11 anyway

Ozzy rules!!

As it should be. If you're not accurate in college then you're not going to be in the NFL either. I don't want us to draft him or Mayfield for different reasons. Actually, Allen I would draft over the two of them but still, I don't believe we'll be drafting a QB at 11 anyway

Ozzy rules!!
Imo Allen is a very big project too. I like Mayfield as i feel like he's the most NFL ready of them all. Darnold might have the highest ceiling though

Imo Allen is a very big project too. I like Mayfield as i feel like he's the most NFL ready of them all. Darnold might have the highest ceiling though
He's a project but he's got the size and the super arm. He can make all the throws but he's not really ready. I don't believe we'll draft hiom but we should draft someone like him at some point

Ozzy rules!!

Well with any of these kids you're talking about taking time to adjust to the NFL and get coached up. Jackson's not the only one. I just think that with Jackson the issues are a little magnified because of the offense he comes from and the fact that he's still a big work in progress as a thrower.

why aren't the issues more magnified with Mayfield in the offense he comes from? only difference is spread in addition to pistol and read option

Unless you actually work for the Dolphins, I don't think you're all that qualified to make a "PERIOD" sort of statement.
It's common sense. Ryan Tannehill is our QB next year. We are NOT drafting a QB til 4th to 6th round.. Period

why aren't the issues more magnified with Mayfield in the offense he comes from? only difference is spread in addition to pistol and read option

Like I said, I think Jackson's just more inconsistent with his throwing.

FWIW I am not one of the people advocating Mayfield at 11.

I think the knock on his accuracy are extremely over simplified and exaggerated. Maybe bandwagon jumpers repeating what they have heard others say? His highlights sure show some very nice accurate throws. And I can’t get over how many times he rushes for td’s and goes in staying on his feet .To me a guy like him, you worry less about his throwing motion and make sure he’s got the mind to handle the next level. He’s plenty talented and athletic enough for sure. I would pay to watch him play, and the NFL is a business.

If Allen is there at 11 which he probably won't I would take him. The ability is there. No pressure to start immediately.

Back
Top Bottom