Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

If Pitts was a great blocker Id say "He'll yes, draft him at 3". But, sadly, he isn't a blocking TE like Gronk, Kittle or Kelce.

He's 20 years old and a competent blocker without any real effort made by the coaching staff at overly developing that trait. None of those TEs you mentioned were complete packages coming out of college, they all needed work on either blocking or recieving skills or both. Pitts is good enough to be a top 10 talent purely on his receiving skills, he's a piece of clay to shape in the way you want. Can't compare a college prospect to 10 year plus vets who've been exposed to NFL training to refine their skills.

He's 20 years old and a competent blocker without any real effort made by the coaching staff at overly developing that trait. None of those TEs you mentioned were complete packages coming out of college, they all needed work on either blocking or recieving skills or both. Pitts is good enough to be a top 10 talent purely on his receiving skills, he's a piece of clay to shape in the way you want. Can't compare a college prospect to 10 year plus vets who've been exposed to NFL training to refine their skills.
Well said!

Miami doesn’t have the nuts to draft pitts. I’ll be shocked if they draft pitts @ 3. Pitts is the unicorn and immediately will be the best WR on our team. I might be wrong but when I look at his tape I’m always saying to myself wtf am I looking at. Kid has superstar talent for the next level. Grier/ Flores say it with me Kyle Pitts.

Miami doesn’t have the nuts to draft pitts. I’ll be shocked if they draft pitts @ 3. Pitts is the unicorn and immediately will be the best WR on our team. I might be wrong but when I look at his tape I’m always saying to myself wtf am I looking at. Kid has superstar talent for the next level. Grier/ Flores say it with me Kyle Pitts.

I totally agree, we won't be brave enough, he'll fall to a smart team that can see what he can become. Hope I am wrong but I doubt our FO has him even on our board at 1a.

You dont draft a TE in the top 10 because he blocks well, it shouldnt even be in the discussion. If you pick him that high, its because he's 6'6", 250# and moves like a 6'2" 205# WR.
If he blocks the best ever he likely stays in to block quite a bit and can't catch worth ****..how many top TE's today or in recent memory were GRADE A++++++++ blockers and the best Receiving Tight Ends of their era right out of the gate at 20 years old or ever?

Maybe Gronk comes to mind but that was gradual a bit with Brady at QB..that helps.

Pitts will dominate one way or another. Quote me!

Relative to set benchmarks: 50 receptions per 12 games, 15 yards average per reception and 10 TDs. In each of last two seasons.
??
I just quoted his 2020 stats:

7.5 games played.
43 Recs
Avg 17.9 per
12 TDs

He's well ahead on each of the 3 categories you stated. Not sure where you are coming from here.

Agreed, Grier doesn't have the imagination or the balls to pick a guy like this.

??
I just quoted his 2020 stats:

7.5 games played.
43 Recs
Avg 17.9 per
12 TDs

He's well ahead on each of the 3 categories you stated. Not sure where you are coming from here.

You are right, I made a mistake because he played 8 games this year, and I had him at 11. Sorry about that.

you dont draft a TE in top 3 but this giy isnt just a TE. He can block, catch, and has WR speed. i would love Pitts but seems like the move can't be justified unless we trade down :/

What type of draft pick do you think we could get for Gesicki if we drafted Pitts?

This is not a Gronk/Hernandez or Ertz/Goedert situation. Both Gesicki and Pitts are best when flexed out and neither is a solid in-line blocker. Those other combos had a guy that was very good/great in that aspect.

I'm not saying Pitts can't block but it's not one of his strengths. We all know Gesicki is terrible there. And we definitely don't want Pitts blocking more for the sake of Gesicki.

I don't see them fitting together at all. But Gesicki is still a very good TE simply due to his recieving ability. But I see no reason to keep him if we draft Pitts.

I agree w everyone that says Pitts is special. That's why I'm genuinely curious what compensation u guys think we could get in a Gesicki trade. You think we could add Pitts and use Gesicki to get a pick that could net us one of the 2nd tier of recievers?

Last edited:
What type of draft pick do you think we could get for Gesicki if we drafted Pitts?

This is not a Gronk/Hernandez or Ertz/Goedert situation. Both Gesicki and Pitts are best when flexed out and neither is a solid in-line blocker.

I'm not saying Pitts can't block but it's not one of his strengths. We all know Gesicki is terrible there. And we definitely don't want Pitts blocking more for the sake of Gesicki.

I don't see them fitting together at all. But Gesicki is still a very good TE simply due to his recieving ability. But I see no reason to keep him if we draft Pitts.

I agree w everyone that says Pitts is special. That's why I'm genuinely curious what compensation u guys think we could get in a Gesicki trade. You think we could add Pitts and use Gesicki to get a pick that could net us one of the 2nd tier of recievers?
Dont think you get anything more than a 3rd for Gesicki...

Back
Top Bottom