Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7 | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Kyle Pitts @ #3 or lets say #6/7

I'm all in on Pitts at 3 now, think I've come to the realisation that he's just the most impactful player we can pick there, if we trade down with Carolina we may well mess out (probably would still take that chance if the offer matches what we should get though). Sewell is an absolute stud of an LT, but he's really not going to move the needle like Pitts can. Chase is an alpha WR but he's not as big, not as strong, not much faster if any, doesn't get the separation and of course nowhere close to the blocking skills of Pitts. Passing on him may come back to haunt any team that does.

The problem for me is college production. In last two seasons Pitts produced like an average receiver, not a top receiver.

I've very much warmed up to Pitts at 3

If no trade down is accomplished

The problem for me is college production. In last two seasons Pitts produced like an average receiver, not a top receiver.
He played 8 games and had 12 touchdown receptions..if he played the full 13 games at that rate he would have twenty touchdowns on average and well over 1,000 yards..he missed some games due to a vicious and illegal hit and then a broken nose and concussion due to such..and still didn’t opt out.

You need context, bro! Seriously!

That’s stupid. He’s a we/te hybrid. And he should be compared to the beat past catching tightends. Actually, with his skill set, I can’t really find a comparison. He’s unique af.

Im a big fan of getting Pitts and Eskridge, for power and speed at receiver much like KC has.

Im a big fan of getting Pitts and Eskridge, for power and speed at receiver much like KC has.
Okay. Well i don care where Pitts goes.. but I see any team passing on him; even Jaguars at #1..as a mistake. I’m not as sold on Lawrence.
Pitts can be the number one TE/Weapon in the league in two or three years, at worst!

Kyle is only 20 years old, he will not turn 21 until the season is already well underway. In 2018, he basically red shirted. He started to break through in 2019, and still growing into his body, yet still caught 54 balls for 649 yards and 5 TD, not bad at all for a RS Freshman. Last year 43 rec, 770 yds and 12 Tds, may appear to be only average if you are just looking at the stats but this was a shortened 12 game season for UF, where he only played in 7.5 games after leaving the Georgia game with a concussion. His production is outstanding for a WR let alone TE.

Kyle is only 20 years old, he will not turn 21 until the season is already well underway. In 2018, he basically red shirted. He started to break through in 2019, and still growing into his body, yet still caught 54 balls for 649 yards and 5 TD, not bad at all for a RS Freshman. Last year 43 rec, 770 yds and 12 Tds, may appear to be only average if you are just looking at the stats but this was a shortened 12 game season for UF, where he only played in 7.5 games after leaving the Georgia game with a concussion. His production is outstanding for a WR let alone TE.
Precisely!

Pitts is not a great blocker but he’s no Gesiki either. He is a good not great blocker. It’s not as bad as people make it out to be. It’s just over hyped because that’s pretty much his only weakness.
Exactly. Man some people just dont know what an elite prospect actually is here. Pitts can block, hes not nearly as bad as geisiki plus he is a hard worker who doesn’t take plays off.

Plus you can split him out and he is uncover-able in the middle of the field.
A crafty OC would use him all over the field. The guy is a legit stud and very possibly the most elite offensive weapon in this draft. I think the bengals may take him at 5 but if we trade back to 6 to watch a qb run happen we could end up with a really nice selection of offensive talent. Pitts at 6 would be a great pick.

Pitts loses slowly as a blocker. As opposed to Gesicki who loses quicker than you’ll be able to fist pump once we release jakeem grant

If Pitts was a great blocker Id say "He'll yes, draft him at 3". But, sadly, he isn't a blocking TE like Gronk, Kittle or Kelce.

Back
Top Bottom