Why not Todd Bowles?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why not Todd Bowles??

arge13

Super Donator
Reaction score
Well respected Coach that many in the NFL community felt got the short end of the stick when he was jettisoned from the Jets.

Outstanding coordinator (proven), and maybe ready to be a successful HC on a second go-round.

Familiarity with the organization and I'm sure he could assemble a staff better than Flores!

His coaching staff when he was the HC of the Jets was very ordinary at best. Bowles is a great DC but I just don’t know if he would be the right HC for a team that is looking to build their offense around Tua.

They should be looking to bring in an offensive minded HC who has a proven record of developing young QB’s.

I’d be ok with him if he could sell his staff, and I’m ok with second time coaches

He is a great example of a guy who is better as a coordinator than he is as a head coach. Leslie Frazier is another good example. Great DCs, but their runs as head coaches were really bad.

Awe man, do we have to?

I am sure he is a high-character guy with a pleasant personality, but I prefer someone who has a little bit more energy.

Family Time Reaction GIF by Lifetime

No he’s already failed once

Many coaches would fail if they had to coach the Jets. If Bowles learned from Arians, and also working with a super bowl team then that means a lot right now more than ever. We are not going to hire Bowles because he is extreme unproven as a Head coach but that doesn't mean he isn't ready. Bowles should go to College and be a head coach somewhere. Good coaches end up thinking they can fix shitty franchises.

Can he assemble a quality staff?

His DC on the Jets was Kacy Rodgers and they are still together in Tampa. I have no issues there.

However after starting with Chan Gailey at OC he churned his OC every year

Why? Because I want an offensive guy. This league is an offensive driven league. We have defensive pieces in place and maybe we can keep Boyer or bring back Patrick Graham to keep that defense churning.

Back
Top Bottom