Why the Dolphins Run Defense Won't Improve Unless..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Dolphins Run Defense Won't Improve Unless.....

Wheeler flat out sucks. No amount of coaching is going to change that. He sucked with the Colts, sucked with the Raiders but for some reason Ireland loved the guy and went after him twice...the first time he picked the Raiders cause they gave him more money and then got cut after 1 year (that still didn't clue Ireland in) and then Ireland got him. The guy would have been on the street had we not signed him...or a backup somewhere making backup money. Instead we pay him ridiculous money...stupid. That signing is right up there with Gibril Wilson.

Wheeler only signed a one-year contract with Oakland. The Raiders wanted to re-sign Wheeler but Ireland made him an offer he could not refuse.

Well, we beetr play the run better this coming season or we're going to miss the playoffs again. Ireland is still hunting uswith all his stupid moves.

Ozzy rules!!

Yeah, so was Zach Thomas. And he's not a reach. Shazier is going to be a mid to late first rounder at worst. 43 inch vertical, 4.4 speed. Dude is an athletic freak.

Zach Thomas he will never be! So what about his speed. Thomas is only about 20 times stronger that him. This kids looks like a receiver. Most point is he won't be able to shed blocks at the next level! I could care less about how fast he runs the 40. Lol

Brilliant observations by both matthewcannata and Travis34. I don't have a big problem with Koa Misi because he was a starting player when the Dolphins were in the top ten in run defense. My problem is with those other 2 stiffs at Mike and Will. My biggest problem is with that so-called Defensive Coordinator. Now while I would love to have an offensive playmaker in the draft, I'm afraid Alabama LB C.J. Moseley will have to be the pick at 19.

First off, if you think Shazier is going to in rounds 3-7, or if you think he should, you haven't watched his film and you haven't been studying him. Another poster said CJ Mosley. I like him, but he would most likely go to the middle. Nothing wrong with that - you would then have Ellerbe, Mosley, and Misi.

Yea I'd take Mosley, but my gut is telling me we can trade down into the later twinties and get him there!

C.J. Mosley at 19 is looking like a good play. Has the athletic ability to be a 3 down player and the instincts to really make an impact for the D.

The same LB's were also terrible against the pass, unless it was the d-lines fault to somehow cover the guys who weren't covered by the DB's, who seemed to do a decent job. Two things have me convinced the Dolphins won't be successful next year. The first is Joe Philbin as coach. The second is a LB corps that is an achilles heel in repeatedly letting drives be extended. We were excellent at not allowing plays downfield. We were pretty good at pass rush. Despite these facts, we had a defense that failed to get off the field and seriously impaired our chances of winning most games.

Our run defense wasn't bad. I've posted this MANY times but the reason our run defense looked bad was because our offense was TERRIBLE. Teams ran it down our throat because they were never playing from behind, they always were "in" the game or even worse, winning.

If you have a high powered offense your run defense rankings will be artificially low because teams are always playing catch up. Our defense overall was solid and in the top 10 despite having a bottom 5 offense to "protect it".

...This is also referred to as the under tackle or three tech. They call these guys a three technique because they line up on the outside shoulder of the strong side offensive guard...

Its my understanding that 3 Technique will line up on the outside shoulder of the Strong side OG. With an under alignment, the 3 technique is on the outside shoulder of the weak side OG. Warren Sapp & I believe John Randall (Vikes) were this type of DT.

I'd prefer Morris (Iowa) on day 3 as the Mike Backer and move Ellerbe to OLB.

Back
Top Bottom