Why the eagles don't scare me | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the eagles don't scare me

Chambers34Phins

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Their 3 rbs, are not that great, they have not run into any real good run stopping teams like the Dolphins.

Their WR are horrible, it's that simple. And if we get into Mcnabb's head, he is going to be in trouble.

The Defense is known for gettin killed in the run. They let up 113 or so to dallas in the first half. Even if our oline does a half assed job like they usually do, ricky should run wild on these guys.

The thing the eagles had was teams fell apart on them in the second half. If we can avoid that I think we can win this game.

Their screen passes could give us problems and their blitzing WILL give us problems. They are a talented team that is hot right now. The Eagles do scare me. To win this game, we will have to prepare very well and play extremely well on both sides of the ball.

I think the Buffalo game will be our biggest obstacle in making the playoffs. I believe Denver will lose in Indy or in GB but it would be nice to see Cleveland beat them. If we beat Philly and Buffalo the stage will be set for us to watch Sundy night football Denver at indy.

we s/beat the Eagles because it is MNF at home where we shine usually (at least PT); and because we have beaten the other 3 NFCE teams already.

We do need to score some pts and get some plays from the WR or McM IMO. McNabb and the Eagles s/b able to get some points on us but no as many as we s/b to score on them by getting 100+ from RW

Originally posted by F150&Dolfan
I think the Buffalo game will be our biggest obstacle in making the playoffs. I believe Denver will lose in Indy or in GB but it would be nice to see Cleveland beat them. If we beat Philly and Buffalo the stage will be set for us to watch Sundy night football Denver at indy.

Why would you be worried about Buffalo ? O ya we are in Dec.
n/m :evil:

Ricky up the gut, Ricky up the gut, Ricky up the gut, McKnight reverse, Ricky up the gut, McMichael little dink and dunk, Ricky up the gut, Ricky up the gut, Ricky up the gut. Chambers for the long ball. That should be what the play calling should be. Dallas ran well on Philly, and we should too. Once we get them to worry about Ricky up the gut, we reverse it like the Giants game. McMichael should be open a lot, and OG should be set up....again....against a crappy CB on 3rd down. Utilize that. Derrius Thompson should know the Eagle's secondary, at least have over 2 catches today, please?

off topic
I do hope we sign Staley, if anything happens to Minor. Staley is one of the best blockers, and can play well on 3rd down. He is better catcher than Ricky out of the backfield, IMO.

Beating Philly in my opinion comes down to stopping the run and making McNabb beat you. You need to put preasure on the QB and switch up the coverage in the defensive back field, if he gets time to run or scramble he will make the defense pay. On the offensive side of the ball you need to run Ricky and whomever the back up is 35 plus times, Jay will need to be good with the play action and make some throws downfield to keep the safties honest, Dawkins is a playmaker so you will want to keep him off balanced. The way I look at it the match ups favor the Dolphins if they switch up the looks on Defense.

Mcnabb will have to beat us with his feet. I dont see his RB running anywhere on us. Sure their stats look good but they haven't played any good run stopping defense's.

Trash and suckstin are nobody's.

Just have to watch out for the screen, and mcnabb taking off.

you should be scared.. the miami defense is pretty pissed off after only giving up 3 points, and still losing my 9!! last week was it for them.. dont expect the defense to show up this week.. i expect the dolphins to get blown out on monday night.. its not going to be pretty. believe that..

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
you should be scared.. the miami defense is pretty pissed off after only giving up 3 points, and still losing my 9!! last week was it for them.. dont expect the defense to show up this week.. i expect the dolphins to get blown out on monday night.. its not going to be pretty. believe that..

What makes you think they won't show up and get blown out?

The only scoring threat on the eagles is mcnabb.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

That is a silly argument, because they lost last week they are not going to show up this week? Sems to me the Dolphin's D has shown up for every game this season with perhaps the Titan game as an exception.

Usually when teams lose they come out ready to kick some butt the next week. Miami doesn't lose 2 in a row often.

all year the defense has been biting their tongue, while showing up every week and shutting teams down while the offense does absolutly nothing. this has been the story all year. (except maybe for the tennessee game where thomas and surtain were out.)do you think the defense isnt fed up with this?? these people are human, they are definitly not satisfied with the way this season has gone. and they got a big chip on there shoulder. last weeks game was the last straw. getting shut out. in the cold, ice, and snow. while only giving up a field goal! then being booed out of the stadium while everyone is throwing snow at them.. miami's biggest problem isnt the offensive line anymore, the QB, the coach or any of that BS. its gonna be their attitude in the locker room.. and its going to show monday.

Back
Top Bottom