Why the eagles don't scare me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the eagles don't scare me

I like our chances Monday. I see Philly as a very good but not invincible team. If our O-line plays just ok, then Ricky should have his best game of the year. Philly's defense minus the secondary isn't that great.
My prediction: 24-16 Miami.

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Their 3 rbs, are not that great, they have not run into any real good run stopping teams like the Dolphins.

Their WR are horrible, it's that simple. And if we get into Mcnabb's head, he is going to be in trouble.

The Defense is known for gettin killed in the run. They let up 113 or so to dallas in the first half. Even if our oline does a half assed job like they usually do, ricky should run wild on these guys.

The thing the eagles had was teams fell apart on them in the second half. If we can avoid that I think we can win this game.

I guess the Phins wil handle the Eagles much the same way they handled that NFCE powerhouse Washington at home.

The Eagles are hardly the Skins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Why the eagles don't scare me

Originally posted by wileydawg

I guess the Phins wil handle the Eagles much the same way they handled that NFCE powerhouse Washington at home.

The Eagles are hardly the Skins.

Yes... guess what, here is a typical Eagles fan answer.... "We found a way to win, thats all that matters"

Sound familiar?

Re: Re: Re: Why the eagles don't scare me

Originally posted by Emskirch

Yes... guess what, here is a typical Eagles fan answer.... "We found a way to win, thats all that matters"

Sound familiar?

Yep, even a monkey falls out of a tree.

Trailing the Skins in the fourth quarter at home, at night LOL The Skins LMAO of all teams. The mighty AFCE trailing the Skins.................................. (still chuckling)

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
And you still didn't answer anyone's question.........

i did answer your question. obviously you dont know the dolphins very well.. especially in december.. what are you like 15 or 16 or something..? watch the dolphins for 10 more years, then get back to me.

Here's my pre-game breakdown....

Philly Birdz - Won 8 in a row, and are playing for home field advantage in the playoffs. They've got a crushing defense, and a three headed monster at RB. They started the season at 0-2, and now they're 10-3. They play very physical, and with our OL, that spells big trouble. They will do a very good job of shutting down Ricky, and the Phinz passing game. They blitz like crazy, and we're one of the worst teams at countering....

Miami Phinz - Coming off a huge division loss after winning three in a row. The OL is in shambles, which means very little running room, and practically no pass protection. QB J. Fiedler is hurting, and IMO, he'll be lucky to walk off the field on Monday night. RB R. Williams has been pounding and pounding, but it hasn't made much difference in the way defenses stack the box. I doubt Ricky will break 70 yards against a very physical Birdz DL. The Birdz defense is just as good, if not better than the Patriots, so I see very little room for mistakes on offense. Fielder must play very smart, and Norv will need to reach into his bag of tricks in order to keep them off balance....

I see two possibilities.....

1.) Win a very close, very hard fought game. I'll take it!!!...

2.) Lose by a large margin. Get dominated on the OL again, and have turnovers galore. One more home loss, and there should be no more questioning the immediate firing of Dave and Norv once the seaosn is over.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

Hey Blitz, do you even see the Eagles play? They can't stop the run for ****.

Ricky- 70 yards?

try 170.

You have reached to many conclusions after ONE freakin game.

BTW, eagles D at our house is not even close to the Pats D at home.....

Originally posted by Section126
Hey Blitz, do you even see the Eagles play? They can't stop the run for ****.

Ricky- 70 yards?

try 170.

You have reached to many conclusions after ONE freakin game.

BTW, eagles D at our house is not even close to the Pats D at home.....

126 Have you noticed how ypur "O" line blocks, Rickey's ypc last week was 1.9 and 3.3 on the year.

Ricky will get his yards, but if the Eagles score early as they have been Ricky will become a moot point.

well, all ive read so far is disgruntled fin fans telling us we will get blown out so dave can hurry up and get canned or philly fans who use the reskins game, which doesnt mean jack when brian griese fingers was QB.

here is reality.

Monday Night Football. AFC is much better than the NFC. which means basically, we played much tougher and better teams. We played much better against teams who dont know us as well. Like the Philly Eagles. Sure they will blitz. But Norv Turner cant afford another dismal performance or he wont be coaching in any capacity soon. this is MNF. We will lose the Bills game cus Wanny/Norv dont have the capacity for a real gameplan and want to just blame the blocking when we all know that they never planned on giving the rookie help when they knew they would be blitzing! this time we have a defense that is not that good on stopping the run. There in lies the key. This will be another defensive struggle but Jay ussually has a good game after a bad game. His injury could prove this theory wrong but you get the drift. The key here will be special teams IMO. The team that has the breakout play to change the momentum will win. Im sorry, there will not be a blowout at home on MNF.

Originally posted by finfan54
well, all ive read so far is disgruntled fin fans telling us we will get blown out so dave can hurry up and get canned or philly fans who use the reskins game, which doesnt mean jack when brian griese fingers was QB.

here is reality.

Monday Night Football. AFC is much better than the NFC. which means basically, we played much tougher and better teams. We played much better against teams who dont know us as well. Like the Philly Eagles. Sure they will blitz. But Norv Turner cant afford another dismal performance or he wont be coaching in any capacity soon. this is MNF. We will lose the Bills game cus Wanny/Norv dont have the capacity for a real gameplan and want to just blame the blocking when we all know that they never planned on giving the rookie help when they knew they would be blitzing! this time we have a defense that is not that good on stopping the run. There in lies the key. This will be another defensive struggle but Jay ussually has a good game after a bad game. His injury could prove this theory wrong but you get the drift. The key here will be special teams IMO. The team that has the breakout play to change the momentum will win. Im sorry, there will not be a blowout at home on MNF.

You mean the Norv Turner the Eagles faced twice a year for 4/5 years. That ought to be a big surprise.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3

i did answer your question. obviously you dont know the dolphins very well.. especially in december.. what are you like 15 or 16 or something..? watch the dolphins for 10 more years, then get back to me.

No you didn't answer the question. I don't feel like going back to look at the question posed, but you just went off and rambled about absolutely nothing.

You are the one who knows very little about the phins besides what EVERYONE knows.

Don't question how old I am, as I am probably older then you, and I hope I am, becuase your posts are not very intelligent.

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
all year the defense has been biting their tongue, while showing up every week and shutting teams down while the offense does absolutly nothing. this has been the story all year. (except maybe for the tennessee game where thomas and surtain were out.)do you think the defense isnt fed up with this?? these people are human, they are definitly not satisfied with the way this season has gone. and they got a big chip on there shoulder. last weeks game was the last straw. getting shut out. in the cold, ice, and snow. while only giving up a field goal! then being booed out of the stadium while everyone is throwing snow at them.. miami's biggest problem isnt the offensive line anymore, the QB, the coach or any of that BS. its gonna be their attitude in the locker room.. and its going to show monday.

This is not answering the question, this was you rambling on about what you THINK the attitude of the players are. And you are probably wrong, because they think for themselves, and are probably just focusing on the next game and not just sitting there stewing over last week.

Now what makes you think we are going to get blown out?

Back
Top Bottom