Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500 | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500

Oc5er said:
You people are seriously impossible.

Im done discussing this. Have a nice day. I wont be coming back to this board. To full of homers and ridiculous people. Dont even bother responding to this because I wont see what your saying. So, if you think youre going to get a last word in, youre wrong. Sorry. Later. And think of me when the Dolphins finish the season under .500 and looking up at the Bills.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
you cheaters!!! I'm taking my ball and going home!!!!!

Mr. Right said:
If you knew what you were talking about, you would know that its not just his running ability that is getting everyone excited about him

I am not saying that he is going to have 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but we dont need him to put up Peyton like numbers. With our D and special teams, and with the weapons he has, he should be fine in his first year. He will have growing pains and he will make mistakes, but he will do a fine job

Lee Evans(Not great) and the official knee blow-out sponsor Wilis are the only viable weapons he has(Moulds is good not near great anymore).

If you knew what you were talking about, what did Eli do as a starter!!! Every single scout had Eli way above Losman! He may some day be OK but do not come in and say our rook has not proven a thing(not pointing at you ) and say Losman can lead a limping Bill to a 10-6 record. Remember if you trade Henry you have nothing should Willis go down. He COULD!!! Then what do the Bills have!!

Wagon Circler said:
Wow you know nothing about JP. Overrated legs? What's so overrated about them? They just add another dimension to his game. He is an evasive gunslinging QB who can also scramble, but he is not a scrambling qb.

So the Falcons would trade you Vick?? Vick is far better than Losman and is struggling!!! Faster, more athletic, stronger, stronger arm! No guarantee!!

Losman7 said:
See how you have many factors, we don't. Losman and LT are the only two unkowns on our team. We are confident at every other position, and the players playing the positions know the game plan, they have expieriance in it.

We have a total of 3 new starters from last year when we swept you, how many new players are suiting up for the Fins this year?

Beating that Wanny team a year ago? Bragggggg!!!!! You have ?s' at WR/RB/TE/DT/ and most important QB

Well that spells disaster!! just waiting to happen!!!!
If Willis goes,.......... bye bye billy!

Losman7 said:
See how you have many factors, we don't. Losman and LT are the only two unkowns on our team. We are confident at every other position, and the players playing the positions know the game plan, they have expieriance in it.

We have a total of 3 new starters from last year when we swept you, how many new players are suiting up for the Fins this year?

Let's see, Ricky would start in Buf. Do not even try to say Willis is better. Remember what Ricky did to the Bills. Ronnie could take Willis's spot maybe. R McMichael would start. CC would start, along w/ Booker and Boston if healthy!

Gus would start over Losman if a fair comp was ran.
ZT,JT.SM,Traylor,and Jr, cou;d all start for Buf.

Mr. Right said:
IMO, if you had at least an average QB, you could be 9-7, but with AJ Feely, you wont get more then 6 to 7 wins

Why is Gus going to get hurt after starting the season 6-0!

PHINZONER said:
Lee Evans(Not great) and the official knee blow-out sponsor Wilis are the only viable weapons he has(Moulds is good not near great anymore).

If you knew what you were talking about, what did Eli do as a starter!!! Every single scout had Eli way above Losman! He may some day be OK but do not come in and say our rook has not proven a thing(not pointing at you ) and say Losman can lead a limping Bill to a 10-6 record. Remember if you trade Henry you have nothing should Willis go down. He COULD!!! Then what do the Bills have!!

If you make one more post about the Bills in this Dolphins thread, it will be your last post for today.

First real post here!

I'm a Dolphin fan, and I don't know what the original thread starter said before this thread, but if it wasn't any bashing, I don't see what he was getting such a hard time for just this post alone. I don't know his posting history so that might have something to do with it.

I think the Bills and the Dolphins are going to be somewhat alike this year. Strong defenses, with a strong potential offensively depending on their quarterback play. For all of the question marks concerning Gus Ferotte and AJ Feeley, I don't know how any "realist" Bill fan can say that their aren't any just as many for J.P. Losman. I personally feel that AJ is particuarly suited to be a backup QB and that Ferotte will have a much better time, because he knows Linehan's offense.

As far as running backs are concerned, McGahee had a great year. I'm a big McGahee fan, being a somewhat of a Hurricane fan. But as you know, with that knee injury you will always have to be concerned about a possible reinjury, especially with the turf (turf grass?). I really don't see what the issue is with Ricky Williams weight. As someone posted earlier, his last known weight was 195, which was 30 lbs lighter than his last playing weight. He has 3 months to put on at least 20-25 lbs of muscle and for any pro athlete with todays technology for weight gain methods, that's as easy as breathing air. Ronnie Brown is a stud. Alot of you refer to the draft experts on all the great things they said about Losman, well the one thing that sticks in my mind said by EVERY draft expert is that he will be a major contributor his first year. I know this, Kevin Jones ran for 1200+ yards (I believe), and most of that was in a limited number of games. I believe Ronnie can easily hit that number, even with our line.

On to the offensive line. Hudson Houck, is just like Randy Moss. He is a difference maker who just is going to make every one better. Stocker McDougle is a great pickup, I really believe this. I think he is really going to anchor that RT spot much like Wade did, possibly even better. He has a world of potential, and he was quietly a leader on Detroits line, that was a very good line. Also, Houck is going to bring a much different, much more physical blocking scheme to Miami. Alot different from the finesse style of blocking most defenses were accustomed to seeing from Miami. We also have depth in our line, John St. Clair is no longer a starter, he is a quality backup, much like that of Damion Cook and Wade Smith. Our line has played a year together and hopefully that will help them gel quicker with this new system. Are they going to great? No. Are they going to be improved? Much so, and I think we can expect to see increasing improvements each year these guys are together.

I think the worst comment posted about the original poster was about Chris Chambers' under achievements. I believe Chris Chambers has overachieved! For the last couple of years, he has been viewed as Miami's only real deep threat and clutch throwing target. He has constantly been zoned around, recieving opposing team's #1 Cornerback, and double covered and yet seemingly still finds his way to be able to score 7+ TDs and have 800+ yds recieving especially with the lack of quality of QBs throwing to him and the type of offensive scheme that for years has never allowed him to display his skills. With a full year of Marty Booker fullfilling the Cris Carter/Nate Burleson mold of Linehan's offense and the re-signing of David Boston (by the way, for that price, how in the world could you not take a chance on a guy, who has the skills to be a top 7 WR, better than Chambers) we have a pretty formidable WR team with our offense. Getting the ball to him won't be a problem, if Feeley cannot do it, that is why we brought in Ferotte because Linehan knows he can. Also, I truly believe that Josh Davis is going to blossom into a nice quiet #4, #5 WR. I watched him at Marshall and he is just so natural and fluid.

Defensively, the backbone of our team for years, will continue to be that. Keith Traylor, Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Carter, Larry Chester (hopefully), Jason Taylor, Matt Roth, Vickerson (hopefully)...I don't think their is any dispute that this could possibly be one of the most talented DLs in the NFL. Nick Saban made sure he got the type of guys that would fill his system with the guys Miami already had in place. He's got two OLBs who just fly around and to the ball, Spragan and Seau, and 2 guys who wrap up well and can tackle, Zach Thomas and Derrick Pope. We also have depth with Ayanbadejo, Eddie Moore, and company. Will it take time to learn all the new schemes, of course, but after a few games, I believe this defense will hit it stride.

Our secondary, is a question mark, but only in the sense of who will line up opposite Madison. I don't think you all (original poster and Bills fans) realize its not going to be man coverage bump and run all day long...we are going mix coverages both zone and man up constantly...so in reality, its really the guys who fly to the ball and know the system who are best qualified for the position. If that is Daniels fine with me, we have Reggie Howard and Mario Edwards who were both starting cornerbacks for deep contending playoff teams. Depth is not an issue at cornerback. Alot of people question our safeties, but Saban did exactly what he wanted and is accustomed to. He wanted a physical Strong Safety to help with the run and blitz, which TeBucky Jones is very qualified to do, and a fast Free Safety who can help coverage with Tight Ends, Running Backs (because of the many blitzes), and deep coverage, which Travares Tillman is known to be able to run and be very agile. I mean, to say that I am completely comfortable with them as a tandem would be a lie, but I am confident in the fact that Saban signed the two best available people for his system. TeBucky Jones didn't succeed with the Pats because he and Belicheck didn't hit it off, and he was a bust in New Orleans because he was alwasy being asked to drop back in coverage.

Actually special teams worries me. Olindo Mare has had a steady decline each of his last two seasons, and it seems like Matt Turks leg doesn't seem to hold up to a years worth of punting duties. Although last year, he used it much much more than expected. But, he better be ready as well, because I expect us to have a few defense slugfests. Wes Welker is a much welcomed addition to our return teams. I love that guy!

Ultimately, I truly don't think this team is too far off. Last year, was a year of inches and missed opportunites, we could have just as easily been a 10-6 team last year had we not blown opportunities that we were accustomed to succeeding in. I think the coaching and the experience from that season alone will not allow these players to underperform or succeed again for awhile. Do I see a 10-6 season with a playoff berth as a reach? Certainly not. Do I see a 7-9, 8-8 predicted season as a reach because of the changes and last years record? Nope. I can tell you this, every team will have to play this years squad as if it is a playoff team because they will be prepared every game, by what many consider the best coaching staff put together.

Back
Top Bottom