Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500 | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why the Miami Dolphins will be under .500

Oc5er said:
Your coaching staff has improved no doubt.

But, just because Saban succeeded on the collegiate level doesnt mean hes going to succeed at the NFL level. Prime Example: Steve Spurrier.

Saban has had success in the NFL. That is why he got the college jobs he did. Every program and every org. has been successful w/ Saban in house. The likes of Moss,Chris Carter and others that have worked w/Linehan believe this team will be much improved. Keep in mind that the Vikes' were missing Moss, and Burrelson(an OK wr that has not proven much in this league and M Rob. are not a real threat) and the offense did not miss to much of a beat. I will take the likes of those NFL SUPERSTARS that know the system,players and potential of Gus and believe it before I believe a homer from any team!

Spurrier did not even have half of the D the Fins do and no receiver w/ the talent of CC, D Bos, M Book, R McMichael, no running game w/ the likes of RW and RB, no qb at all and no proven coaches w/the likes of this staff that Saban has assembled. Spurrier would be successful w/ the rught team and players ala Minny or Indy. He needed a star Qb and a good Ol first! His mistake.

finfansince72 said:
Well hell must have frozen over today because I agree with the Bills fan. People, he's giving our team 3-4 more wins even with the hardest schedule in the league. Id say thats someone saying our team improved pretty dramatically. I don't think anyone here is realizing that going to 7 or 8 wins would be a big improvement and huge step in the right direction. To be predicting that a 4 win team that selected #2 in the draft is going to get a playoff spot or be over .500 with the hardest schedule in the NFL is kind of overly optimistic.
I think a lot of the posts in this thread have just been drivel. Shame. A fan of another team put some actual thought into a post (whether you agree with it or not), didnt get into a word calling contest and people jump on em. This is the main reason I stopped checking ESPN's boards months ago. A well thought out post, whether I agree with it or not, whether its by a bills or even Jets (ok that might be going too far :p) is welcome.

He didn't do ALLTHE RESEARCH NECESSARY to come up with his Half-a$$ opinion. maybe you should go to billszone.

Mod Note: Have you not been reading the repeated mod notes, warnings and suspensions in this thread? I'm not going to explain this again; enjoy a day off.

Take alook at another sub.500 team! The Jills' have not 1 proven qb that has done squat(NOTHING) except be injured really. A disgruntled proven stud that will not be w/ them this year in Henry, and a injury prone atomic knee blow out in "What you talkin' about WILLIS"! That leaves you w/ no rb that assures you a 2.6 ypc avg. An aging D that has holes an avg OL, / at WR and Moulds is a far cry of what he was. TE?????? Did I mention a big ? at Qb? A hole the size of Niagra in the center o the D line. ? at CB and oh did I mention a rookie(pretty much) that has done nothing leading this team at qb! Now w/ tht said, they must play the Patsies 2 times( w/ Dillon loving the size of that hole on the D line) the MIGHTY FINS 2 times( w/ Ricky and Ronnie loving the size of that hole on the D line) the improving Jets 2 times( w/ Curtis loving the size of that hole in the center of that d Line) and that means they would be lucky to win 2 of those games and the D will be wore out and frustrated and will only be lucky to win 5-6 games if the injury prone qb and rb stay healthy! If they don't, look on the bright side! The first pick in the draft won't be bad. You could get Leinart or Reggie Bush there.

Oc5er said:
I ranked each position. At the end. I just dont feel the Dolphins have enough offense to win 8 or 9 or more games.

I know you are a Bills junkie, but did you see the Vikes light up the league on O. It did not matter who the qb, rb, wr,te,fb,ol,slot re was, they just kept ripping up teams for yards. Do not just look at stats and say this or that. Watch the games. They were down right scary! They could have easily went the distance last year, and NE would not stop Moss at all!

Again Chris Carter sure feels this Offense will be well oiled, and running on all cylinders. What has Moulds done lately? He has never made the stellar catches CC has. CC is always in the mix for top catch of the year. That comes w/ him being a target about 6-7 time a game. Imagine him running deep. I remember the first game of the year like 2 yrs ago and CC had 2 or 3 Tds' and he was wide open(like 10-15yds)on 3 occasions and the Fiddler onder threw him on all of them(an int or 2also) and one other time CC broke free an the Fiddler over threw him by 15yds. Heck that would have been a 6 Td game maybe 7. He has the talent! Now he has an offense!!!

Oc5er said:
Im done with this topic. You people are hopeless.

Why are you done? I have lobbed the ball to you and you have yet to discount any point I have made! I want you to convince me of the sub.500.

I feel every post has been insightful and yet you do not respond to anything but being called a homer or idiot. It is not right to attack people on this topic, but get real, disprove the insightful posts to validate your thread!

Oc5er said:
Id say the average grade is closer to a C. Their Special teams is an A- which is good. But special teams isnt going to win games for them.
Every coach says sp teams wins games!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Oc5er
Before I start. If you dont have anything intelligent to post, do us all a favor and DONT RESPOND. This isnt a post to "anger" Dolphins fans, its a post made to counteract all the homerism on this website. Its also my opinion, if you dont agree with it, thats fine. But explain why, dont just say stupid things like "OMG GO AWAY" and "YOURE A BARFALLO BILLS FAN." Thank you.

Quarterbacks: Your Quarterbacks are AJ Feeley and Gus Frerotte. Feeley started 8 games last year behind a poor offensive line and threw for 11 TD's and 15 INT's. Not HORRIBLE, but far from good. Frerotte, a 12 year vet with his 6th different team has never proven to be that great. He had one good year in Minnesota in which he started 2 games and posted 7 TD's and 2 Int's. Other than that, hes been mediocre at best. If your O-line is improved, your quarterback play will be much improved but still, there isnt a LOT of talent here. I give your QB's a C.

( QUOTE ) WITH FEELY PUTTING UP THOSE #S LAST YEAR AT THE END WAS PROVING THAT OUR OL WAS STARTING TO GEL AND WILL ONLY GET BETTER AND GIVING AJ OR GUS MORE TIME TO THROW THE BALL AJ #S WILL GET A LOT HIGHER AROUND 80 TO 90 % LAST YEAR THEY KNEW WE WERE GOING TO THROW THE BALL BECAUSE NO RB NOW LET THEM JUST DEFEND THE PASS :evil: PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU AND WE WILL RUN IT DOWN YOUR THROWT IM GIVING THE QBS (B)

Running Backs: Lets ASSUME that Ricky Williams never puts on a Miami Dolphins uniform again. Ronnie Brown was a pretty good college running back had good stats, hes a big guy, strong, he'll be able to take a lot of carries and still run strong. But, he IS a rookie and no one knows how he will perform. And, behind him, who do you have? Virtually no one. Assuming Ricky DOES come back, he hasnt played football in over a year, and hes down like 45 pounds from what he was when he was in football shape. PLUS, who knows WHATS going on in his head. He might come back for one game and decide he doesnt want to play anymore. Hes a headcase who cant be counted on. So, unless Ronnie Brown busts out for like 1,500 yards in his rookie year which is highly unlikely. For THIS season, your running back situation could be a problem. I give them a C+.

( QUOTE )
OK 4 THE RBS WE HAVE KAY JAY HARRIS; GORDON HE IS STILL HERE BUT I WILL GARUNTEE THAT RICKY WILL COME BACK AND BE AT HIS WEIGHT HE WAS WHEN HE PUT UP THOSE 1800 YARDS AND OUR RBS WILL BE THE HEART AND SOUL IT WILL BE HARD 4 ANY TEAM TO STOP US (A)

Receivers: Miami has got some pretty good receivers. But, underacheivers if you ask me. Chambers has the ability to be the best receiver in the AFC East but he hasn't used it. Only 69 catches and 7 touchdowns last year. Thats just not cutting it. Bringing in Marty Booker was a great pick up, he'll help the Dolphins a lot. And assuming that David Boston can stay healthy. Id say hes good for at least 45 or so catches and a few touchdowns. He is coming off major surgery though and hasnt played in over a year so who knows how he'll perform. Derrius Thompson, we wont even get into him. But, of course, your receivers can only perform well when your quarterback can get them the ball. But, assuming you have fairly good QB play, your receivers should do well. I give them a B

( QUOTE ) WHEN BOSTON GETS TO FULL SPEED AND RETURNS TO PRO BOWL FORM OUR RECEVING CORE WILL BE AS GOOD AS ANYBODYS (B+

O-Line: Aside from Stockar McDougle, who has Miami picked up? They didnt even draft an offensive lineman until the 5th round. And hes not starting. Its pretty much the same O-line from last year. And if they preform like they did last year, Miami's offense is in for a loooooong season. Nothing really more to say about these guys. They just need to step their game up. I give them a C-.

( QUOTE ) AGAIN OUR OL WAS STARTING TO GEL AT THE END OF THE SEASON LAST YEAR AND WITH THE ADDITION OF MCDOUGLE AND CAREY IS COMING ON SO THAT MEANS WE WILL ONLY GET BETTER THIS YEAR (B)

D-Line: Your strong point. You lost Ogunleye who was a force which did hurt. But, the Dolphins signed Vonnie Holliday and Kevin Carter, both pretty good pickups. And they still have Jason Taylor. This unit has been pretty solid year in and year out and I think theyll have a good year this year. Taylor should have double digit sacks with ease. With the new additions I give them a B+.

Linebackers: Zach Thomas leads this group. Although hes getting up there in age, hes still preformed quite well every year. Junior Seau is pretty much at the end of his career and doesnt really look like the player he used to be at all. I dont really expect much out of him. Other than those guys the Dolphins are lacking. They drafted Channing Crowder who could be a great player for them, but they really need him to step up immediately. Ill say the Dolphins linebackers will struggle a little early but I expect Crowder to step in nicely with the veteran wisdom of Seau and Thomas to help him. I give them a B-.

Defensive Backs: The Dolphins traded Patrick Surtain :shakeno: which leaves Sam Madison as the leader of the secondary basically. Madison has been in the league for 9 years and isnt getting any younger. Hes clearly not the same player he used to be either. Reggie Howard could be a good player for Miami as hes had a pretty good career thus far. And Will Poole had a pretty decent rookie year, hopefully he can keep it up. The Dolphins got Tebucky Jones who im my opinion is very overrated. New England knew what they were doing when they got rid of him and they only benefited from it. And now Jones is on his 3rd team. Neither of the 1st two teams really had any reluctance in getting rid of him. (And you know its tough for me to say this too because im from Syracuse) Your free safety is Travares Tillman, a former Bills cast off. This guys really got nothing to bring to the table. He was nothing more than a backup in Buffalo and I really dont think hes going to do anything for Miami this year. I give the DB's a C.

Special Teams: Mare is solid as usual. And should be again this year. And Wes Welker turned out to be a great special teams guy for the Dolphins. The Dolphins special teams were pretty solid last year and should be even better this year. I give them an A- ( QUOTE ).(i agree on this one)

I expect Miami to win more games than they did last year, no doubt about it. And they MAY even finish at 8-8. But, if you ask me, im going to predict a 7-9 record for Miami. These are my opinions. If you want to know how I feel about the my Bills, Ill tell you that as well. Im not a homer as most people are. If you dont agree with these, tell me why. All I ask is that you post something intelligent, please.

( QUOTE ) OK ABOUT OUR RECORED THIS YEAR IM SEEIN US AT 9-7 OR 10-6 MAYBE JUST MAYBE 11-5 BUT IMO OUR RECORED WILL BE BETTER THAN THE JILLS HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM GREEN APPLES :evil:

Oc5er said:
What makes you think the O-line will be that much better? All you did was add Stockar McDougle.

Yes but there was no real coach here to work w/ these guys. There were injuries on OL all year, and they were always mixing it up. OL needs to be set, healthy and gelling to be good. SD let their studs go and look what the now great OL coach we stole from them did w/ them. It can not be any worse!

Oc5er said:
Yes, but there still has to be SOME talent there. And there isnt a whole lot. And, the Chargers have something the Dolphins dont. His name is LaDanian Tomlinson. They also have Antonio Gates as well.

McIntosh was one of their better OLmen, Jeno James was mixed up in a fiasco last year but is a machine and will prove that w/ some help he will be as good as when he helped pave the way for a Carolina team that blew holes open for a FB that had to play rb b/c their top 3 rbs' were hurt. They went to a SB and could have won it! Now add Stockar and the line is 60% better already(w/ Houck that adds 10% so 70% better)

SD has no wr! the Fins have McMicheal, which in a passing offense will be 2nd to none. Many so called experts believe he is right there w/ T gonzalez. Not to mention that Ricky will be back in the stable fresh and rested w/ a monster horse in Brown to add to the confusion.Many compare Brown to LT(many scouts felt he had the best hands in the draft, faster than LT and bigger)

When SD was picking #1 I never heard 1 single person say they had talent other than LT! Not one and if you say there was you are a LIAR!

Oc5er said:
So you think you have a better offense than the Patriots? Or the Bills? Mind you the Bills scored an average of 36 pts per game over the final 7 games of the season.

W/ the new OC!! No doubt!! New coach!! New philosophy!!! (Hey last year you and every other person on the planet knew what the Fins were going to do) Now some of the coaches aren't quite sure what Saban and Linehan will do in a given situation.

Moulds had 5 Tds' as your star wr. Drew was in town throwing the ball not Losman and his 39.2 rating(Remember to evaluate him like Ronnie only harder b/c he is a rookie "QB" in all reality). Willis was 3rd on the team w/ 22 rec and 0 Tds.

What happend in week 17?

you scored 6 on NE. 6 on the ravens, 10 on Oak and Jax. you let the grounded fins score 32.
you beat the Cardinals,a limping rams team,cleveland and the 9ers. Let's face it, you only beat 1 good teram in Sea in the last 7. and we all know they were hit and miss.
the fins scored 31 on the Rams', 24 on the Cards, and avg. better that 22 pts a game over the last 7. They were only held under a TD in 1 game all year.
Hey, ask the pistol whipped Pats if the Fins have talent!!

Oc5er said:
You OBVIOUSLY have heard NOTHING about Losman. TONS of people have talked about how they thought he is going to be great. All the guys on draft day. Everyone in the Packers organization that wanted to draft him as Favre's successor.

ONE WORD "LEAF"

Tons of people thought Leaf was going to be great! All that turned out to be is a TON of S#!T.

Oc5er said:
You OBVIOUSLY have heard NOTHING about Losman. TONS of people have talked about how they thought he is going to be great. All the guys on draft day. Everyone in the Packers organization that wanted to draft him as Favre's successor.

Packers thought Couch was the answer!

Oc5er said:
No, I said the DOLPHIN special teams. Isnt going to win any games.

I think that your offense will have you so far out of games that even if your special teams returns one for a touchdown youre not going to win.

I mean, if you want to go by grades you could pretty much give the bills defense an A all around last year and the offense a C even though they were amazing over the last 7 games of the year and the average grade would be a B and we still didnt make the playoffs.

That pathetic and most obvious 5 play deep play book kept us in all but 1 game up to the 4th quarter. Then w/ the D on the field for 40 min a game they bent. That was w/o Ricky, and Ricky will be back, and Ricky led the league in rushing w/1800+ yds w/ the worst OL in the league and 8 and 9 men in the box to stop him since the d knew we would not throw it!

Back
Top Bottom