Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

ATL_PHIN_FAN

Winner Under Construction
Reaction score
This guy makes a lot of sense, IF he's right about why Flores benched Rosen. I do agree with him, that if the Dolphins really do think Rosen can be the guy, they should go ahead and start building seriously around him. Spending more high picks on QBs would only delay the benefit of having identified our guy.

Last edited:
I mean it's possible... My gut tells me they either sit at #5 and take Tua, or detroit takes Tua and Miami doesnt draft a QB in the first round at all.

Yeah, and if there isn't a remarkably better option than Rosen high in round one, why not spend that pic on a top notch lineman to protect him? Or better yet, trade down and get multiple good OL prospects?

If we don't take Tua, I would be shocked if we didn't draft Herbert, if he's sitting there at 5. That could be a big long term mistake for the franchise. I doubt they take any other QB with 1a if it is still at #5, trading down to take Love or using 1b or 1c on him is possible too, hell I wouldn't put it past this franchise to panic and take Hurts, Eason or Fromm (if they declare) with a first round pick.

There is so much time between now and April 2020 that articles like this are pretty useless, so much can happen, such as the health status of Tua, trades, QB retirements, scandals, workouts. If you listen to all this crap you'll go insane.

He might have a point if we didn't have 6, possibly 7 picks in the first 3 rounds and plenty of cap room. Plenty of options to improve the line and still draft a 1st round QB. Also claiming Rosen's benching was to protect him is likely nothing more than wishful thinking. Rosen played poorly. During the Skins game, Fitz came in and excelled when Rosen had been floundering hard.

Last edited:
This guy makes a lot of sense, IF he's right about why Flores benched Rosen. I do agree with him, that if the Dolphins really do think Rosen can be the guy, they should go ahead and start building seriously around him. Spending more high picks on QBs would only delay the benefit of having identified our guy.

Welcome to the club. Myself and some others considered that scenario for a while now.
Ohhhhhhh...there will be a melt down on FH if that happens. :lol:

I don't think Grier will make it, if he doesn't draft one this yr.

Welcome to the club. Myself and some others considered that scenario for a while now.
Ohhhhhhh...there will be a melt down on FH if that happens. :lol:
I can't wait to see your melt down when Miami actually moves up in the draft to take a QB. :lol:

Still need draft qb.. someone like Love, Easton or Fromm. Wouldn't hurt..it not like we got QB...

I think the staff believes Rosen has a shot next year, they’re protecting him this year. With that said they will draft a QB in this draft to compete. I just hope it’s not Fromm.
They may even find their guy in the second, third or fourth round. Someone that has potential but needs a little grooming

I think the staff believes Rosen has a shot next year, they’re protecting him this year. With that said they will draft a QB in this draft to compete. I just hope it’s not Fromm.
They may even find their guy in the second, third or fourth round. Someone that has potential but needs a little grooming
Rosen will not be protected anymore.. that boat has sail. Nobody know if Rosen has it or not.. flores as coach must find away to survive as coach until he find qb. They will draft a qb next yr.maybe not Tua but other are free game.

There's no secret. Rosen was almost the lowest rated QB in the league last year after 13 starts. The Cardinals knew what he was and used their #1 overall this year to replace the #10 overall after only a year. With the Fins, I believe Rosen was the worst rated QB over those couple games too.

Rosen didn't play because the locker room would've tuned out Flores if he kept playing the far inferior QB to the career journeyman. Fitzpatrick is so much better than Rosen, it's not even defensible to play him.

Still need draft qb.. someone like Love, Easton or Fromm. Wouldn't hurt..it not like we got QB...

Yeah I also believe Rosen gets his shot next year! Flores sounded excited about his arm talent just last week.

But I also believe the WILL and NEED to draft another legit QB to compete in the future.... It might not be our first pick but I think at least our 3rd first rd pick.

Back
Top Bottom