Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

Yeah I also believe Rosen gets his shot next year! Flores sounded excited about his arm talent just last week.

But I also believe the WILL and NEED to draft another legit QB to compete in the future.... It might not be our first pick but I think at least our 3rd first rd pick.
I might be wrong but I dont see Rosen fitting in dolphins offense..I see a guy like love or fromm being draft and taking over doing middle of season. But if Rosen is man I will support him as dolphins qb. Rosen need show fan. He is man. I dont brag about ni guy on bench. You got play no excuse.. this ain't roger starback and Danny whites...or joe Montana and steve young

Last edited:
I don't think Grier will make it, if he doesn't draft one this yr.
I agree. We have to get Tua even if that means moving up. Some team may try to move ahead of us. We accumulated all these assets and sacrificed a season to get Tua. The fact that he got hurt is the only reason why we still may be in position to draft him. We have to get our guy no matter what

I agree. We have to get Tua even if that means moving up. Some team may try to move ahead of us. We accumulated all these assets and sacrificed a season to get Tua. The fact that he got hurt is the only reason why we still may be in position to draft him. We have to get our guy no matter what
I dont think that good move or doctor feel he is going be 100 by 2021. You still got give Tua a yr or two after 2020. To adjust to nfl. Can flores afford wait that long on Tua.

Obvious Patriots shill...maybe Jets, I mean, it was overly lazy.

What you really mean is we "have to get" your guy? No matter what the circumstances are? No matter what the cost? No matter what the risk?

That is not rational captain.......

I don't think Grier will make it, if he doesn't draft one this yr.

Could you concede that all of our outward interest in drafting a QB high in '20 could all be a smokescreen? Afterall, IF the Dolphins secretly have firm plans to build around Rosen, while actually foregoing another QB in the 1st, doesn't that drive the price for our 1a, 1b and 1c up significantly? Rather than putting Grier's job at risk, it could be playing the market brilliantly. Since Ross has commented more than once how he thinks trade-downs can be good options, makes one think? :ponder:

Last edited:
Looking at the 2020 schedule even with FA and the draft, how much of a better record do we expect? If we only expect say 2 more wins then there's a real case for trading down and loading up for the 2021 draft with eyes on Lawrence or Fields. I know that's hard to take but are we really expecting a huge turnaround from what's likely to be a 4-12 season?

Looking at the 2020 schedule even with FA and the draft, how much of a better record do we expect? If we only expect say 2 more wins then there's a real case for trading down and loading up for the 2021 draft with eyes on Lawrence or Fields. I know that's hard to take but are we really expecting a huge turnaround from what's likely to be a 4-12 season?
One thing I have learned over the decades of being a fan, is that these schedule strength projections, from year to year, aren't all that meaningful.

Teams ebb and flow, and there are always teams that "underachieve", as well as "overachieve".

Are there teams that are tough year on, year out? Absolutely.

Do you play more "good" teams some years, than others? Absolutely.

I just don't buy that it makes a difference of more than a win, or two either way.

You know what does make a difference?

A good game plan, and physically competent players, that are assignment sound, and execute the gameplan without making a lot of mistakes.

One thing I have learned over the decades of being a fan, is that these schedule strength projections, from year to year, aren't all that meaningful.

Teams ebb and flow, and there are always teams that "underachieve", as well as "overachieve".

Are there teams that are tough year on, year out? Absolutely.

Do you play more "good" teams some years, than others? Absolutely.

I just don't buy that it makes a difference of more than a win, or two either way.

You know what does make a difference?

A good game plan, and physically competent players, that are assignment sound, and execute the gameplan without making a lot of mistakes.

Or fuss . . a la Minka Fitzpatrick

Could you concede that all of our outward interest in drafting a QB high in '20 could all be a smokescreen? Afterall, IF the Dolphins secretly have firm plans to build around Rosen, while actually foregoing another QB in the 1st, doesn't that drive the price for our 1a, 1b and 1c up significantly? Rather than putting Grier's job at risk, it could be playing the market brilliantly. Since Ross has commented more than once how he thinks trade-downs can be a good options, makes one think? :ponder:
No. Because I don't stand of what If's proposals. Anyone who's seen my posts for the last decade can tell you that. I call it like I see it. If I see a struggle team, I'm not gonna tell you how well the punters doing. Therefore, that's something to be hopeful for.

I, personally, like too go over as many possible playable scenerios in my head. While doing so, prying my overall fandom from the equation. Take what I've come up with, & come up with a well simmered medium.

In this case, the negatives for not drafting a QB(again) since the 7th Rd in 2017(Doughty) is beginning to become an unwelcomed theme with Grier...... Speaking for me.

Back
Top Bottom