Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

What a stupid take.

Hmmm. I would not say stupid. All the comments from the coaching staff and Fitz point toward developing Rosen’s skill and knowledge. Further, it would be foolish not to maximize his value for 2020. I do not believe that they have decided to go with Rosen in 2020, but deferring to pickup a QB late 1st or early 2nd is a viable approach.

Hmmm. I would not say stupid. All the comments from the coaching staff and Fitz point toward developing Rosen’s skill and knowledge. Further, it would be foolish not to maximize his value for 2020. I do not believe that they have decided to go with Rosen in 2020, but deferring to pickup a QB late 1st or early 2nd is a viable approach.
Are we developing Rosen to be a QB coach?

I don't think you understand the thought process here. You will melt down if Tua/Burrows isn't selected. The rest of us who believe the scenario in the video is the most likely one for next season aren't going to be upset at all should the Dolphins draft a QB, we are just pointing out the obvious. The Dolphins already drafted a QB this year in Rosen, have a ton of needs at OL and DL, and are on a long term plan for rebuilding the franchise.

The point is, they have only given their freshly drafted QB 2 games behind the worst OL we have ever fielded, and somehow, many seem to believe that is the only chance he will get to start and prove himself. Not likely. I get that you think it is all about the QB first and think Rosen isn't that guy, but in the NFL, Focusing on getting a team together and then adding a QB is how teams succeed. There is no pressure to draft a QB this year, as the best projected one is devastatingly injured and they haven't even tested out the one they already drafted.
You know they turn the lights on the FACILITY and watch the players during practice? You know the coaches watch tape of their players after practice? You know the coaches put players in opportunities to succeed in Practice and some just can’t get over the hump

It really comes down to a single question. What is the collective evaluation of Tua? If McKinsey and Grier believe he will be a pro bowl QB, then you pick him at 5. It does not matter if he plays during the 2020 season. It would probably be better to sit him for at least 8 games. Rosen would have plenty of games to prove he should play out the 2020 season.

You know they turn the lights on the FACILITY and watch the players during practice? You know the coaches watch tape of their players after practice? You know the coaches put players in opportunities to succeed in Practice and some just can’t get over the hump

Exactly. Yet, there are fans who 'know more than the coaches' and label a guy a bust without seeing those practices. They're stuck in 2018 or what they saw in college. No one knows what the coaches want from Rosen nor do they know his progress this fall. Odds are he's the guy fans have seen, but denying he won't 'get it' is vacuous. He's low cost. Keep him. If he doesn't meet Flo's expectations by next summer, eat the minimal cost and move on.

You may be absolutely right about Josh Rosen. You may be absolutely wrong. You don't know. No one does. Your take views the situation from the perspective of a vacuum. Our offense certainly did NOT function in a vacuum in 2019. I think your view is very narrowly focused. You aren't considering all possibilities that could explain what has happened, nor what could happen because of it.

I've never been of the belief that you blame the son for the sins of the father, so in that respect, we disagree.

Much like Flo gave DVP a "clean slate", I will give Flo the same benifit. If he thinks Rosen is viable moving forward, I will support that decision until I see a reason not to.

As far as the specifics of the QB position goes, I will be disappointed if we bypass drafting a young guy completely, but I'm also not in favor of "reaching" with our first pick.
Well I'm not blaming Flores for anything. I don't think he's sold on Rosen. As far as not reaching for a QB I totally agree with you. But we have plenty of picks so there's no reason to reach for one. We don't have to take one at 5 but we need to draft one at some point. You can't hit on a QB unless you draft one.

Be highly surprised if They pick Tua at 5, honestly be shocked.

Do think they feel good enough to put all their eggs in one basket of Rosen for next year.
Think he has shown better than just good quality with his arm and with proper time and a OL that offers more than the 2.3 seconds of time in the pocket he can develop into a quality QB for us ( again in time). Early development being ugly is not unusual I remember Payton Mannings early seasons (pretty bad), not comparing the two but our and the Cards OL would make life even difficult for a Marino, though he'd do better than anyone else with 2.3 seconds.

My evaluation of Grier, Flores and (Staff, Allen and Mckenzie) quality, will largely be judged by how they develop the OL.
God I'm so sick and tired of every year bringing this same crap up about the OL. But this will give us all a solid base to evaluate just more clearly what the hell we got directing this team. A factor that is still in question at this time IMO.
IMO good start Thomas and Biadasz in the draft would make my toes tingle. Add Scherff (oh my ! ) Another quality FA LG ( be dancing in the street )
We'd have considerably more ammo to play with but I'd be over joyed with the real focus on our OL, for once in the last 20 years.
Because if we are half ass about it again and they still don't see the true value, well I think more wins like the one over 1-14 Bengals will sadly be the level of quality to expect and even that would be occasional... and thats with whoever we got for a QB....

My point is that so many on here keep telling me that Tua is too big a risk and Miami already has Rosen so there is no need to show urgency at the QB position. From what Rosen has shown so far, he is more likely to be a complete bust than even a competent backup. If this organization is smart, which at this point I have serious doubts that it is, they aren't banking on Josh Rosen. You don't put off taking a swing at the QB position because of freaking Josh Rosen.
To stick with your analogy, I don't have an issue taking a "healthy cut" for the fences, but if the pitch is low, and outside, you have to be disciplined enough to lay off, and see another pitch.

Be highly surprised if They pick Tua at 5, honestly be shocked.

Do think they feel good enough to put all their eggs in one basket of Rosen for next year.
Think he has shown better than just good quality with his arm and with proper time and a OL that offers more than the 2.3 seconds of time in the pocket he can develop into a quality QB for us ( again in time). Early development being ugly is not unusual I remember Payton Mannings early seasons (pretty bad), not comparing the two but our and the Cards OL would make life even difficult for a Marino, though he'd do better than anyone else with 2.3 seconds.

My evaluation of Grier, Flores and (Staff, Allen and Mckenzie) quality, will largely be judged by how they develop the OL.
God I'm so sick and tired of every year bringing this same crap up about the OL. But this will give us all a solid base to evaluate just more clearly what the hell we got directing this team. A factor that is still in question at this time IMO.
IMO good start Thomas and Biadasz in the draft would make my toes tingle. Add Scherff (oh my ! ) Another quality FA LG ( be dancing in the street )
We'd have considerably more ammo to play with but I'd be over joyed with the real focus on our OL, for once in the last 20 years.
Because if we are half *** about it again and they still don't see the true value, well I think more wins like the one over 1-14 Bengals will sadly be the level of quality to expect and even that would be occasional... and thats with whoever we got for a QB....

Agree. To show how important the OL is, how good would the O be if Miami just had an AVERAGE OL? The current receivers, a solid RB, and average OL? I'd be excited. I can't allow myself to imagine a top 10 OL

Agree. To show how important the OL is, how good would the O be if Miami just had an AVERAGE OL? The current receivers, a solid RB, and current receiver corp? I'd be excited. I can't allow myself to imagine a top 10 OL

Should have said "The current receivers, a solid RB, and average OL? I'd be excited.

If Rosen is starting in 2020, I'm gonna preorder my aqua Lawrence Jersey with the biggest smile I've ever had.

That order will never come.

The Dolphins actively tried to strip their roster down to such a degree that #1 was inevitable. They will likely end up with the 4th or 5th pick. It's really hard to get the #1 overall pick. Your team, QB or coaching has to be very, very, very bad.

The Dolphins will likely have a Top 10 pick again next year, but #1 overall seems very unlikely IMO. And whoever has that pick won't trade it for anything.

Back
Top Bottom