Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

To stick with your analogy, I don't have an issue taking a "healthy cut" for the fences, but if the pitch is low, and outside, you have to be disciplined enough to lay off, and see another pitch.
If you stand there with the bat on your shoulder, you can never hit a homerun. To carry the analogy even farther, analytics in baseball say homerun versus strikeout values swinging for the fences.

Agree. To show how important the OL is, how good would the O be if Miami just had an AVERAGE OL? The current receivers, a solid RB, and average OL? I'd be excited. I can't allow myself to imagine a top 10 OL
It is pretty sad when mere competency seems like a pipe dream....lol.

I have faith in this coaching staff, though. We just have to hope our scouting dept. holds up thier end.

To me Rosen, proved he hasn't changed, he's still the same guy he's been. Miami wasted a 2nd pick on a guy who can't take his game to the next level. He's not a leader of men, too cerebral of a personality. The team instantly responded to Fitzpatrick. To think Miami passed on several players who've been playing well, to trade for him.

It is pretty sad when mere competency seems like a pipe dream....lol.

I have faith in this coaching staff, though. We just have to hope our scouting dept. holds up thier end.

For all the (deserved) complaints the o gets, my point was to emphasize the importance of the OL. It's hard to overemphasize how bad it is. No, the RBs aren't top 10, but a lot of the running plays are stopped behind the LOS. That's not the RBs.
My other point was the OL doesn't have to get elite guys. Yeah, if possible, draft them, but getting above average guys will make a dramatic improvement on the O

To stick with your analogy, I don't have an issue taking a "healthy cut" for the fences, but if the pitch is low, and outside, you have to be disciplined enough to lay off, and see another pitch.
Cut it out, you're making too much sense... :bang:

If Rosen is starting in 2020, I'm gonna preorder my aqua Lawrence Jersey with the biggest smile I've ever had.

They won't anywhere near the #1 overall pick.

You're forgetting they will improve the trench play, upgrade at several key areas, and the majority of the offensive side of the ball will be in their second year in the system. Not to mention the coaching staff will also be in their 2nd year of the system.

I'm not saying they'll be playoff bound but 4-8 wins would be very possible under those circumstances.

To me Rosen, proved he hasn't changed, he's still the same guy he's been. Miami wasted a 2nd pick on a guy who can't take his game to the next level. He's not a leader of men, too cerebral of a personality. The team instantly responded to Fitzpatrick. To think Miami passed on several players who've been playing well, to trade for him.

You're the definition of the sort of poster that plays the odds.
You're post is ever sadder when you consider the Dolphins had nothing at the QB position and needed one.

They swung and missed(which we still dont really know)...big deal!

I think they will or need pick qb w one of 6 pick.. which one idk. Rosen haven't shown me enough not to draft qb in up coming draft..if none of them dont work draft another one next yr or get better veterans qb than Fitzpatrick.

I think they will or need pick qb w one of 6 pick.. which one idk. Rosen haven't shown me enough not to draft qb in up coming draft..if none of them dont work draft another one next yr or get better veterans qb than Fitzpatrick.

This is ideal! Who knows what they truly feel about Rosen and his future. But they can't afford to not bring in another talent to hedge their bets. Like you said, If Rosen doesn't work out then you have that other talent and you still draft in the following years draft.

IMO, You should never go through and NFL draft without taking a QB. The position is too valuabe in the league.

For all the (deserved) complaints the o gets, my point was to emphasize the importance of the OL. It's hard to overemphasize how bad it is. No, the RBs aren't top 10, but a lot of the running plays are stopped behind the LOS. That's not the RBs.
My other point was the OL doesn't have to get elite guys. Yeah, if possible, draft them, but getting above average guys will make a dramatic improvement on the O
An effective O line is much more than the "sum of its individual parts". Working as a unit, like a well oiled machine, is more important than anything.

When u only win 4 games in season. You know qb is coming.. oline need be at least avg at best or top 20. Dolphins have bright future. Next yr is important.. how long will it take get this team back to normal??

well, this QB class is kinda screwed. Burrows is no chance for us. Tua injury. Herbert has the same personality as Rosen apparently. Love is very raw.

There's not much else. I like Eason, so im pulling for him.

If anything it looks like we are going to fix our trenches this year, then trade the farm for Lawrence next year

Exactly. Yet, there are fans who 'know more than the coaches' and label a guy a bust without seeing those practices. They're stuck in 2018 or what they saw in college. No one knows what the coaches want from Rosen nor do they know his progress this fall. Odds are he's the guy fans have seen, but denying he won't 'get it' is vacuous. He's low cost. Keep him. If he doesn't meet Flo's expectations by next summer, eat the minimal cost and move on.
Until he shows something he didn’t get it

he is likely headed to the CFL at some point but now he is on the cheap

Btw both John Beck and Pat White stalled in the CFL too it is a hard position to get and to keep

Back
Top Bottom