Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

No. Because I don't stand of what If's proposals. Anyone who's seen my posts for the last decade can tell you that. I call it like I see it. If I see a struggle team, I'm not gonna tell you how well the punters doing. Therefore, that's something to be hopeful for.

I, personally, like too go over as many possible playable scenerios in my head. While doing so, prying my overall fandom from the equation. Take what I've come up with, & come up with a well simmered medium.

In this case, the negatives for not drafting a QB(again) since the 7th Rd in 2017(Doughty) is beginning to become an unwelcomed theme with Grier...... Speaking for me.

Only suggesting we may not draft a QB high. If our staff does like Rosen, drafting a QB high makes no sense. Better to fix our other deficiencies around him first. Then, may still draft a worthy young QB prospect later. I would.

I can't wait to see your melt down when Miami actually moves up in the draft to take a QB. :lol:
I don't think you understand the thought process here. You will melt down if Tua/Burrows isn't selected. The rest of us who believe the scenario in the video is the most likely one for next season aren't going to be upset at all should the Dolphins draft a QB, we are just pointing out the obvious. The Dolphins already drafted a QB this year in Rosen, have a ton of needs at OL and DL, and are on a long term plan for rebuilding the franchise.

The point is, they have only given their freshly drafted QB 2 games behind the worst OL we have ever fielded, and somehow, many seem to believe that is the only chance he will get to start and prove himself. Not likely. I get that you think it is all about the QB first and think Rosen isn't that guy, but in the NFL, Focusing on getting a team together and then adding a QB is how teams succeed. There is no pressure to draft a QB this year, as the best projected one is devastatingly injured and they haven't even tested out the one they already drafted.

Only suggesting we may not draft a QB high. If our staff does like Rosen, drafting a QB high makes no sense. Better to fix our other deficiencies around him first. Then, may still draft a worthy young QB prospect later. I would.
I believe this is the route we will see on draft day. This team has a lot of holes. Sure we have a lot of money to spend, but I don’t see them bringing in that many older guys. I see them finding youth in FA and of course the draft.

I don't think you understand the thought process here. You will melt down if Tua/Burrows isn't selected. The rest of us who believe the scenario in the video is the most likely one for next season aren't going to be upset at all should the Dolphins draft a QB, we are just pointing out the obvious. The Dolphins already drafted a QB this year in Rosen, have a ton of needs at OL and DL, and are on a long term plan for rebuilding the franchise.

The point is, they have only given their freshly drafted QB 2 games behind the worst OL we have ever fielded, and somehow, many seem to believe that is the only chance he will get to start and prove himself. Not likely. I get that you think it is all about the QB first and think Rosen isn't that guy, but in the NFL, Focusing on getting a team together and then adding a QB is how teams succeed. There is no pressure to draft a QB this year, as the best projected one is devastatingly injured and they haven't even tested out the one they already drafted.
I love how the people that like the idea of Miami drafting Tua get told to get over the idea that Tua can be successful but believe that Rosen is all of a sudden going to transform into some QB god. And please stop with the narrative about Tua being devastatingly injured. Tua is injured period. None of the doctors that have treated Tua have said that the injury was devastating. They have said just the opposite. Does his injury have to be factored in when evaluating him? Sure, but this narrative that makes it sound like Tua may never walk again needs to stop. Tua's injury may cause him to slide a little bit in the draft, but if anyone believes that the number one QB prospect in this draft is going to slide out of the top ten is just naïve.

I will not be the least bit surprised if the Dolphins do not draft a QB in the 2020 draft. I believe if they instead put their draft resources and cap money into building their offensive line and the defense, Rosen will be their starting QB in 2020. If he works out they will have their starter for the next decade. If not, they can always draft a QB in the 2021 draft.

I love how the people that like the idea of Miami drafting Tua get told to get over the idea that Tua can be successful but believe that Rosen is all of a sudden going to transform into some QB god. And please stop with the narrative about Tua being devastatingly injured. Tua is injured period. None of the doctors that have treated Tua have said that the injury was devastating. They have said just the opposite. Does his injury have to be factored in when evaluating him? Sure, but this narrative that makes it sound like Tua may never walk again needs to stop. Tua's injury may cause him to slide a little bit in the draft, but if anyone believes that the number one QB prospect in this draft is going to slide out of the top ten is just naïve.
I agree on what you said about Tua. But no where in his post do I see him talking about Rosen being a QB god.. Rosen has many tools to succeed, it just needs to start clicking between the ears for him or he will never succeed. I think Rosen could be a good QB, but I still have my doubts too. I still have my doubts about Tua as well. He is no “god” either right now tht everyone makes him out to be. Best prospect coming out pre injury? Absolutely. But that doesn’t guarantee anything till he proves he can do it on the next level, like Rosen has failed to do so far.

If Tuas medical evaluation come back positive, absolutely would love to take him with our first pick. I just don’t know about how our staff will feel, I always think of Drew Bree’s and how we fudged that up.

If this team doesn't draft a QB in April it'd show why we've been bad for so long but hey, lets build around a QB that can't even get on the field over a guy that's played for 8 different teams.....smh

If this team doesn't draft a QB in April it'd show why we've been bad for so long but hey, lets build around a QB that can't even get on the field over a guy that's played for 8 different teams.....smh
I've never been of the belief that you blame the son for the sins of the father, so in that respect, we disagree.

Much like Flo gave DVP a "clean slate", I will give Flo the same benifit. If he thinks Rosen is viable moving forward, I will support that decision until I see a reason not to.

As far as the specifics of the QB position goes, I will be disappointed if we bypass drafting a young guy completely, but I'm also not in favor of "reaching" with our first pick.

I won't melt down, but you are right that I won't be happy if Miami doesn't take a chance on Tua. It will be more confirmation to me that this front office is incompetent. You don't tear down your roster to the bare bones and load up on draft picks if the intent isn't to land a franchise QB. Of course Miami let a 37 year old journeyman QB bungle the plan. If they pass on the best QB prospect in this class and he goes on to have a great career I won't be the only one that will be unhappy. Is Tua a risk? Of course, but the possible payoff is worth it. I would not hold it against the front office for swinging for the fences. I would much rather Tua bust in Miami than for Miami to pass on him only to have him go on to have a great career somewhere else. I will melt down however, if Miami doesn't at least pull the trigger on a QB early in this draft. They have to keep taking swings at the position until they get it fixed.

I believe this is the route we will see on draft day. This team has a lot of holes. Sure we have a lot of money to spend, but I don’t see them bringing in that many older guys. I see them finding youth in FA and of course the draft.

Kind of agree. Miami will develop it's draft baord and see where a top QB falls on the list. If they can get him without moving up, they may jump on it. I DON'T think they'll reach just to get one. Thus, Rosen may be the tentative starter, but the way the draftfalls could change that.

I've never been of the belief that you blame the son for the sins of the father, so in that respect, we disagree.

Much like Flo gave DVP a "clean slate", I will give Flo the same benifit. If he thinks Rosen is viable moving forward, I will support that decision until I see a reason not to.

As far as the specifics of the QB position goes, I will be disappointed if we bypass drafting a young guy completely, but I'm also not in favor of "reaching" with our first pick.

Yup, if I have to choose between the evaluation of ANY player by Flo and the FO or posters here, sorry, I'm going with Flo. Ranting and high emotions don't equal cold, hard, professional evaluation

Tua. Or. Bust.

And this isn't a preference, but if they don't move up and he's not there, I'd put my money on Herbert being the pick with 1a. Easier to take him when Chase Young isn't on the board.

I agree on what you said about Tua. But no where in his post do I see him talking about Rosen being a QB god.. Rosen has many tools to succeed, it just needs to start clicking between the ears for him or he will never succeed. I think Rosen could be a good QB, but I still have my doubts too. I still have my doubts about Tua as well. He is no “god” either right now tht everyone makes him out to be. Best prospect coming out pre injury? Absolutely. But that doesn’t guarantee anything till he proves he can do it on the next level, like Rosen has failed to do so far.

If Tuas medical evaluation come back positive, absolutely would love to take him with our first pick. I just don’t know about how our staff will feel, I always think of Drew Bree’s and how we fudged that up.
My point is that so many on here keep telling me that Tua is too big a risk and Miami already has Rosen so there is no need to show urgency at the QB position. From what Rosen has shown so far, he is more likely to be a complete bust than even a competent backup. If this organization is smart, which at this point I have serious doubts that it is, they aren't banking on Josh Rosen. You don't put off taking a swing at the QB position because of freaking Josh Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom