Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

well, this QB class is kinda screwed. Burrows is no chance for us. Tua injury. Herbert has the same personality as Rosen apparently. Love is very raw.

There's not much else. I like Eason, so im pulling for him.

If anything it looks like we are going to fix our trenches this year, then trade the farm for Lawrence next year

Why would that team selecting #1 overall take any trade offers for Lawrence?
Moreoever, We're not 1-2 pieces away from contention are you show you'd trade the "farm" for Lawrence?

You may be absolutely right about Josh Rosen. You may be absolutely wrong. You don't know. No one does. Your take views the situation from the perspective of a vacuum. Our offense certainly did NOT function in a vacuum in 2019. I think your view is very narrowly focused. You aren't considering all possibilities that could explain what has happened, nor what could happen because of it.
That is correct

I am a realist you Guys like your pie in the sky pontificating

he was a lottery ticket it didn’t pan out oh well - he is on the cheap

these owners don’t have as much patience as you think esp when there isn’t a big price tag on their recent purchases

Last edited:
You're the definition of the sort of poster that plays the odds.
You're post is ever sadder when you consider the Dolphins had nothing at the QB position and needed one.

They swung and missed(which we still dont really know)...big deal!
Nothing wrong about playing the odds. I agree they swung and missed, but the evidence was there, he wasn't going to lead a team, like Fitzpatrick does. The Cardinals knew what they were doing.

Nothing wrong about playing the odds. I agree they swung and missed, but the evidence was there, he wasn't going to lead a team, like Fitzpatrick does. The Cardinals knew what they were doing.

Everything wrong with playing the odds. It shows a lack of conviciton and foresight.
That's okay, some literally need to see the "evidence" in order to form a semblance of original thought.

Everything wrong with playing the odds. It shows a lack of conviciton and foresight.
That's okay, some literally need to see the "evidence" in order to form a semblance of original thought.
I disagree, playing the odds it's a bad thing. Nor is having evidence to make an informed decision.

That is correct

I am a realist you Guys like your pie in the sky pontificating

he was a lottery ticket it didn’t pan out oh well - he is on the cheap

these owners don’t have as much patience as you think esp when there isn’t a big price tag on their recent purchases
great statement

We absolutely do need leadership at the QB position. Flores said early in the season that Rosen wasn't showing enough in that regard. However, Flores did say not long ago that Rosen had made strides in that area, among other things.

I think we have to keep in mind Rosen was just barely 22 when he arrived at mini camp in April '19. He didn't know our playbook. He didn't know our players. He was lacking in several basic NFL QB skills. The fact that he nevertheless did earn a few starts speaks well of him, I think.

Beyond these facts, we know very little about Josh Rosen, or what the Dolphins think of Rosen, or have planned for Rosen. The only information we have comes from coach Flores. If he can be believed, Rosen has made satisfactory progress. Yet, we still don't know if that progress will be enough to earn Rosen another shot to start next September.

5 is a strange place to be draft wise is this draft. Taking a risk on Tua for 2021 makes the gamble at that point a little more bearable.... But I have been in the fix the lines camp all year! So I say trade down, unless they are in love with Willis Jr or Wirfs.

It used to be that young QB’s didn’t come into the league and start in their first year. They would sit for a year or two behind the veterans QB and learn. It worked with Rodgers, Mahones and many other QB’s in the past. Now a 22 year old Rosen is seen by many as a bust simply because he hadn’t been effective behind the two worst offensive lines in the Cardinals and Dolphins over the past two years.

I have no idea if Rosen will be a good NFL QB if he has a solid OL and a good running game but I have no problem with the coaching staff trying to find out in 2020. If he is a bust, the Dolphins can draft a QB in the 2021 draft. Yet if he turns out to be a much better QB than many on here think he will be, the Dolphins can go about building a team around him and using the draft and free agency to fill all the other holes on the roster.

I think we can and probably will pontificate all off season about whether or not we draft Tua or Herbert at 5, but it really matters very little what we think, it's all about that brains trust inside the building there. I do think Ross will want his Franchise QB in 2020 though, whether that's through the draft, a trade, free agency or it's Josh Rosen. I don't think he'll have an appetite to wait till 2021, because in all reality we have to give that guy another year at least to acclimatize, making us a competitive team at the earliest in 2022 which closes this window we have in a huge cap space advantage.

I'm cool with whatever they do at 5 as long as they've got a plan that's built on some kind of solid foundation. Grier hasn't done enough to warrant blind trust in him, but we have to hope he gets these calls right this off season because it'll set the franchise back another decade if he doesn't.

well, this QB class is kinda screwed. Burrows is no chance for us. Tua injury. Herbert has the same personality as Rosen apparently. Love is very raw.

There's not much else. I like Eason, so im pulling for him.

If anything it looks like we are going to fix our trenches this year, then trade the farm for Lawrence next year
Yes on paper it is but u dont know which one of these qb going be good. So still draft qb. Seattle and N.E got luck and found qb outside 1st round

We absolutely do need leadership at the QB position. Flores said early in the season that Rosen wasn't showing enough in that regard. However, Flores did say not long ago that Rosen had made strides in that area, among other things.

I think we have to keep in mind Rosen was just barely 22 when he arrived at mini camp in April '19. He didn't know our playbook. He didn't know our players. He was lacking in several basic NFL QB skills. The fact that he nevertheless did earn a few starts speaks well of him, I think.

Beyond these facts, we know very little about Josh Rosen, or what the Dolphins think of Rosen, or have planned for Rosen. The only information we have comes from coach Flores. If he can be believed, Rosen has made satisfactory progress. Yet, we still don't know if that progress will be enough to earn Rosen another shot to start next September.
I agree, we just don't know what's happening behind close doors. They are rumored to have been stripping Rosen down to rebuild him. Who knows. But if you look at his body of work as a Miami Dolphin, there's alot to be concerned about. As for leadership, it's a trait. Some people have it and others don't. Rosen we all can agree has talent. But its other skills, traits and personality that have some concerned.

5 is a strange place to be draft wise is this draft. Taking a risk on Tua for 2021 makes the gamble at that point a little more bearable.... But I have been in the fix the lines camp all year! So I say trade down, unless they are in love with Willis Jr or Wirfs.

Yeah, I'll roll with what they decide. Won't be too surprised or disappointed by anything. I'm not gonna judge this FO or Coaching staff by what's happened here in the past. Clean slate. I'll keep the faith long enough to see what product their decisions put on the field, and how far it can take us.

Back
Top Bottom