Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20 | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why The Miami Dolphins Will NOT Draft A QB in '20

Tua would be dead behind the current oline. IMO Rosen will be the odds on favorite to be the 2020 starter regardless of who they draft, and they will definitely draft a QB. They will rebuild the oline and D this draft/FA and roll with Rosen in 2020. Some may not like it but that’s how I see it playing out.
I would say this is the most likely scenerio, and the smart way to go, IMO.

What i don't know, is if Herbert is the choice, or maybe the next teir of someone like Love in rd2.

If this team doesn't draft a QB in April it'd show why we've been bad for so long but hey, lets build around a QB that can't even get on the field over a guy that's played for 8 different teams.....smh
I too can’t understand why a 2nd year player with poor coaching ( his first year ) can’t beet out a 15yr vet that has seen everything.

For all the (deserved) complaints the o gets, my point was to emphasize the importance of the OL. It's hard to overemphasize how bad it is. No, the RBs aren't top 10, but a lot of the running plays are stopped behind the LOS. That's not the RBs.
My other point was the OL doesn't have to get elite guys. Yeah, if possible, draft them, but getting above average guys will make a dramatic improvement on the O
Mr Wilson you have been beating this oline drum for years and not very many posters agreed. Now it seems like everyone has forgotten about their hardcore stance and is seeing the light.

well, this QB class is kinda screwed. Burrows is no chance for us. Tua injury. Herbert has the same personality as Rosen apparently. Love is very raw.

There's not much else. I like Eason, so im pulling for him.

If anything it looks like we are going to fix our trenches this year, then trade the farm for Lawrence next year
2021 seems to have a much better QB class, I'm not opposed to building up other areas and drafting one in 2021.

Prior to the hip I was for taking Tua 1a and building around him.

Now I would rather see us continue to develop Rosen while also keeping Fitz and drafting Love or Eason with our 2nd our 3rd first rounder...or better yet with our second rounder if one of them falls.

We absolutely do need leadership at the QB position. Flores said early in the season that Rosen wasn't showing enough in that regard. However, Flores did say not long ago that Rosen had made strides in that area, among other things.

I think we have to keep in mind Rosen was just barely 22 when he arrived at mini camp in April '19. He didn't know our playbook. He didn't know our players. He was lacking in several basic NFL QB skills. The fact that he nevertheless did earn a few starts speaks well of him, I think.

Beyond these facts, we know very little about Josh Rosen, or what the Dolphins think of Rosen, or have planned for Rosen. The only information we have comes from coach Flores. If he can be believed, Rosen has made satisfactory progress. Yet, we still don't know if that progress will be enough to earn Rosen another shot to start next September.
Well, they DID resurrect DVP from the dead, so there IS hope. They saw something in him most casual fans didn't and many here, rightfully so, acted negatively when we extended him. I guess we just have to have faith in the staff's ability, we'll see...

If Tua isn’t available or has concerning medical reports it’s entirely possible that we roll with Fitz/Rosen and come back around for a QB in 2021, but that would have to based on the belief that Rosen is as better option and at better value than any other QB in the draft.

Well, they DID resurrect DVP from the dead, so there IS hope. They saw something in him most casual fans didn't and many here, rightfully so, acted negatively when we extended him. I guess we just have to have faith in the staff's ability, we'll see...

I'm hoping that, having worked for the Patriots until '99, Grier knew he was getting a leader and teacher of men when he hired Flores. Those are important qualities in a head coach, I think. While he may not coach players directly much anymore, he would certainly know many of the most effective coaches to hire for development. From our perspective, it seems so thus far. If there has been as much progression in Rosen as we've seen in some other players, things could finally be looking up for the Dolphins.

I want to take as many as chances on QBs. Thus my take on next draft is,
- Take Tua w/ 1A if he is available, if not then trade down or get BPA(my preference is OL, maybe Thomas).
- if Tua is gone, then draft Love w/ 1B or C. 1B or 1C is not that high for Love. he had shown enough in 2018.
- if Love is gone too, I would consider Hebert w/ 1B or C, but I am not sure he will be a franchise QB for us
- all failed, then take Eason/Fromm in 2nd Round, Eason Im not sure, but I don't want Fromm in 1st round.

I want to take as many as chances on QBs. Thus my take on next draft is,
- Take Tua w/ 1A if he is available, if not then trade down or get BPA(my preference is OL, maybe Thomas).
- if Tua is gone, then draft Love w/ 1B or C. 1B or 1C is not that high for Love. he had shown enough in 2018.
- if Love is gone too, I would consider Herbert w/ 1B or C, but I am not sure he will be a franchise QB for us
- all failed, then take Eason/Fromm in 2nd Round, Eason Im not sure, but I don't want Fromm in 1st round.
BTW, cbs mock draft has dolphins take Tua at 5, Chargers take Love at 7, and the cheaters take Herbert at 29.

It would be a great smokescreen if Rosen is the guy. It's possible that Flores likes him. Even possible that Flores had imput on the trade that brought him here.

Playing him behind a horrendous line probably would have hurt his development as well. All that speculation makes sense. But wouldn't you still want to see him in actually games that matter? Even if we are talking a handful of starts.

It would be a great smokescreen if Rosen is the guy. It's possible that Flores likes him. Even possible that Flores had imput on the trade that brought him here.

Playing him behind a horrendous line probably would have hurt his development as well. All that speculation makes sense. But wouldn't you still want to see him in actually games that matter? Even if we are talking a handful of starts.

I would like to. But I also understand the importance of the strategy that might be in play here. It could affect the Dolphins long term if other teams have no doubts about our draft intentions.

I know there are a few people who say skip qb in 2019 and look for one in 2021. Outside of Trevor Lawrence who do you like in the 2021 class? I figure if the Dolphins couldn't get a top 4 pick this season, how can we figure with all of the 2020 draft picks and free agent money in 2020 how can we could on next season being even worse?

Back
Top Bottom