Why tip our hand? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why tip our hand?

The Rams tipped their hand too by letting everyone knows Goff is starting at QB for them so now we're even.

It is funny how Flo is so secretive about injuries to the point where he won’t even say if Austin Jackson will return in 2020 (heard on 3ypc he will) but announces his QB change 2 weeks in advance.

I think Fitzpatrick's play in the 2nd quarter onward lead them to make the change quicker than they would of liked, as far a tipping there hand to Tua playing it could easily work for them as against them..we will see. Rams are not in a bye week so they are worried about the Bears this week and won't worry about the Dolphins until the following week and really don't have the time to do much.

Don’t see it being a big deal. Miami already has the advantage of having the bye and the Rams on a short week flying cross country. If Tua stinks Fitz would go right back in so long as Miami is in contention.

This was done in order to appease all those who endlessly cried for Tua to replace Fitz.
Flores probably didn't want to hear two more weeks of all those who have been wailing for Tua to start since he was drafted.

This is the big boy league. Now everyone knows Tua is starting including Darnold. Flores knows this is a test for Tua, the offensive line and the entire team.

No where to run or hide. It is time to play and see what Tua brings to the table, but they probably will play a very conservative game, win or lose. Keep Tua alive for at least one game!

The team has two weeks to prepare for this game. No excuses. This game will really show where the Fins are, good, bad, or otherwise.

The first four games for this team were really preseason. They are much improved from last year--except for Fitz, he is what he is.

Fitz did what they brought him over here to do and now it is Tua Time! Flores and Co. are still working their plan. Tua has 10 games to show if he is the franchise QB many of us believe he is to be.

We will know a lot more about this team in another few weeks.............................

I don't normally disagree this vehemently, but there's just no way this is accurate.

I'm pretty certain Flores doesn't give a flying rat's ass about what the fans think, or making excuses. He starts the players he feels will put the team in the best position to win. Two weeks ago, it still wasn't Tua. Today, it is.

That is my point actually. Flores has NEVER cared about what Fin fans think, you missed the sarcasm there.

I don't know what Sam Darnold has to do with anything either but I was referring to Aaron Donald. Sorry for the typo!

Oh, thank God. Okay, I missed the sarcasm too. I need more coffee.

Doesn't sound like Flo meant for the news to get out. Looks like Dolphins have a mole.

Most of the players hadn't even been told before someone leaked it to espn

Did you really think that the rams were not going to gameplan for Tua regardless of yesterday's announcement?
C'mon man.

It sure seems like this was the plan all along. I'd venture to guess that it had nothing to do with fan/media pressure, what Fitz was doing on the field, or even what Tua was doing in practice. It made sense before the season that you would start Tua after the bye and it still makes sense now. After seeing Fitz ball out for a couple of games I thought he'd be given more time but this still is the logical move.

This is the guy that they've thought for the past two years was their franchise QB. I find it hard to believe that anything they've done with him is reactionary or off the cuff.

My guess, some agent leaked it and forced Flo’s hand. No way he wants the universe knowing before the rest of the players do.

My guess, some agent leaked it and forced Flo’s hand. No way he wants the universe knowing before the rest of the players do.

The only one I'd be concerned about finding out early is Fitz. He's earned a man to man talk with Flo. Though I'm sure the discussions have been had that at some point Tua would be the starter.

I dont understand the logic behind tipping our hand letting the rams know that Tua will be the starter. There is zero reason to say anything. Now they can prepare for him and im sure being left vs right handed has to make a difference preparation wise .even if you p u are going to make an announcement why not wait till way closer to game day .
This type of question explains the disparity between the number of posts you've made and your reaction score lol. You can pretend it's still Fitz until next Weds and then sneak up on yourself with the info.

Back
Top Bottom