Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

FSU fan here but I can have convos with Gators. After all, we all played great games against each other for decades.
Yeah I don't have a huge amount of time for folks who form an opinion on a player because of whom he played for, four of my favourite players this year are Phillips (Miami), Oujari (Georgia), Pitts (UF) and Nasirildeen (FSU). I don't give a rats arse where the kid went to school but if they are good, I want them in South Florida.

Yeah I don't have a huge amount of time for folks who form an opinion on a player because of whom he played for, four of my favourite players this year are Phillips (Miami), Oujari (Georgia), Pitts (UF) and Nasirildeen (FSU). I don't give a rats arse where the kid went to school but if they are good, I want them in South Florida.

So where do you think Tamorrion Terry will end up ?

Why hasn’t he dominated in College then if he is so great?
Ahhh, he did dominate in College. I’m not going to try and compare a WR to a TE, it’s not really comparable IMO. No one could cover him last year and he created so many mismatches that it enabled the other players to flourish. He even dominated many of the CB’s who will be drafted high this year. Personally I’m good with any of those guys @ the 6 spot. I see positives in Pitts, Chase, Waddle, and Smith. They all 4 are so different and bring different elements to an offense. I could make the argument for any of them.

I don't understand the Waddle pick at 6 from people in here or even Mel Kiper's mock. Yes, he is the best prospect at slot. Your slot receiver isn't even the focus of an offense so why would you draft him so high? Why not take Toney in the 2nd round if he happens to be there? There are options at slot later on. I may agree with picking Chase at 6, or at least come in terms with the pick, but not any Bama receiver.
I love Waddle... he's my preference... and I thought he might be there at 12.

I didn't want to trade back up. I wanted to roll the dice there.

Smith has been my "best player of the draft" for a while now. Don't really care who agrees/doesn't agree. I would of taken him at 3 without any hesitation. If u can get him at 6 and add to your plate, even better.

I just have never seen somebody do it so effortless at that level. No concern at all that he won't be equally as dominant on Sundays.

Smith has been my "best player of the draft" for a while now. Don't really care who agrees/doesn't agree. I would of taken him at 3 without any hesitation. If u can get him at 6 and add to your plate, even better.

I just have never seen somebody do it so effortless at that level. No concern at all that he won't be equally as dominant on Sundays.
I had no problem with taking Smith at #3. I think he is the best WR in this draft and a perfect fit here. But I am intrigued with what Pitts would bring. I have Pitts and Smith as my top choices and would be over the moon with either of them. I have Waddle a little behind those two. His speed is intriguing, but he is not the receiver that either of my top two guys are.

I think the Dolphins have the target guy as D.Smith. should they pass over Pitts and Chase for him? I have no
idea. Just thinking Smith is the guy they want.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jed
In all seriousness aren't you a ted bit concerned about his size and how it translates at the next level?

The last lanky reciever the Dolphins had with that kinda frame was UM's Lamar Thomas
Where'd he go to college? That's all that he cares about.

Smith will be a damn good pro for whoever drafts him in the teens. It just won't be Miami.

Pitts is a great receiver. He does not get separation like Smith. Very few do. Jefferson is similar to Smith In separation, so is DeVante Adams.

Pitts is similar to Kelce, which is great. We have Gesicki though. Pitts puts Gesicki on the bench.
Ironically, the two players who were deemed to have the best separation per PFF were Waddle and Pitts (in that order)

I know, the source is crap, etc etc... but it's still a source that directly contradicts your assertation. What's your source?

I think the Dolphins have tier target guy as D.Smith. should they pass over Pitts and Chase for him? I have no
idea. Just thinking Smith is the guy they want.

I don't have any issue picking Smith if he's there at 18. If not I'm taking a Eskridge, Elijah Moore, Bateman or Dyami Brown or someone to play that role on day two of the draft. I would rather have Pitts or Chase at 6.

Ironically, the two players who were deemed to have the best separation per PFF were Waddle and Pitts (in that order)

I know, the source is crap, etc etc... but it's still a source that directly contradicts your assertation. What's your source?

Yeah it's just his Georgia bias here, Pitts not creating seperation ? LOL what is he watching man. Smith was schemed open a lot in college, he does still run great routes and gets separation but to put him in a upper tier on Pitts for that is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom