Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why would anyone take Pitts over Smith?

I'm sure our brother @Gatorboy999120 has a resolute opinion on this one. While I have reservations about taking Pitts, I see him as an almost can't-miss prospect. Smith may have more upside, but he also has more questions.
Yup. I love Smith. He's one of my favorite prospects in a long time. I do wonder though how his skillset will be effected by faster, stronger CB's in the NFL. I still hope he becomes a Dolphins, but I think Pitts is a better prospect and more of a sure thing.

I wouldn’t be upset at all if they drafted Sewell. They presently have a below average offensive line and drafting the best offensive lineman in the draft is not something to be upset about.

They would also still have 3 picks in the next 44 picks to draft skill position players for the offense.
Can you say the same about a bunch of the others though...

Heh!

I'd bring popcorn.

A lot of people don't like Smith because he is very very light in the arse.
He refused to be weighed then spent a month adding as much fake weight as he could (that will come off instantly once practice starts) and weighed in at 175lbs at 6-1 after bulking up.
Dude looks like a pencil.

Smith has outperformed him every year!
Actually I would take Pitts over Smith....metrics are metrics, both were fine players in college, one has an NFL body and one does not....

Cincinnati is losing AJ Green, they will need to take Chase or find a replacement. Burrow with no receivers is also a stupid situation there. O line help can be had later. Everything can be had later, to be honest, it’s a decent deep draft. It would be hard for them to resist a draft pick haul for the position. The mindset changes so much once you have your quarterback. I think they can build around him with mid round and later picks and free agency. They need Chase way more than they need Pitts.

Can you say the same about a bunch of the others though...

Heh!

I'd bring popcorn.
I have no doubt that many people on here would be upset if the Dolphins draft Sewell at 6. I was merely expressing my own opinion regarding drafting him instead of a receiver with that pick.

I obviously prefer they draft one of top receivers but I can understand them drafting Sewell if they decide to go offensive line with that pick. I also like Slater quite a bit and if it came down to drafting the offensive lineman I thought would be best for the Dolphins, I actually prefer Slater.

Slater can play every position on the offensive line including center and Sewell is basically a tackle.

I have no doubt that many people on here would be upset if the Dolphins draft Sewell at 6. I was merely expressing my own opinion regarding drafting him instead of a receiver with that pick.

I obviously prefer they draft one of top receivers but I can understand them drafting Sewell if they decide to go offensive line with that pick. I also like Slater quite a bit and if it came down to drafting the offensive lineman I thought would be best for the Dolphins, I actually prefer Slater.

Slater can play every position on the offensive line including center and Sewell is basically a tackle.
Well... Tackles, by and large, are more respected, and make more money because of it.

I think Slater will be an excellent Guard, but I'm not taking a Guard that high.

Neither myself, nor anyone else will take your stupid bet.

You are trying to steal from your fellows. It's bad form.

I'm done. Feel free to have the last word.
I think you did a great job responding for every poster on this forum.

Thank you.

Well... Tackles, by and large, are more respected, and make more money because of it.

I think Slater will be an excellent Guard, but I'm not taking a Guard that high.
I wouldn’t draft him at 6 either. I was just stating that I think he would be a better option than Sewell simply because he can play every position on the OL. A few draft lists I have seen have him listed as the top center prospect in the draft, even though he played RT his entire career at Northwestern.

I am fairly certain most of us would love to have any of the top 4 wide outs. It really depends on who the staff thinks makes this team better. I am in the Pitts camp. I personally believe having Gesicki and Pitts on the field will create problems for the other team and have more open WR's. Even though I see Chase as the best of the WR group, I actually prefer Waddle on the team. I think he can be a slot WR monster that also creates miss match problems for the other teams.
I like Pitts, but I love Waddle.
I see that we can copy the play book of Tyreek Hill and give it to Waddle.

Waddle can do so much more , jet sweep, reverse, slant, screen, gadget plays...the possibilities are endless.

Last edited:
Cincinnati is losing AJ Green, they will need to take Chase or find a replacement. Burrow with no receivers is also a stupid situation there. O line help can be had later. Everything can be had later, to be honest, it’s a decent deep draft. It would be hard for them to resist a draft pick haul for the position. The mindset changes so much once you have your quarterback. I think they can build around him with mid round and later picks and free agency. They need Chase way more than they need Pitts.
No. With that line, Barrow will throw to Chase on hospital bed. They will take the sure thing in Sewell.

Not gonna happen.

They can had decent wr with second pick as well.

Back
Top Bottom