Wide Receiver Fits | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wide Receiver Fits

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With Parker, Geiski and Williams Miami has players who can win the 50/50 plays.

What the Dolphins need are receivers who can separate and get those YAC plays.

In this draft, I think the three best fits in that regard are Smith, Waddle and Toney.

Of those three, Toney is the only one who I think makes it to #18. Not sure he makes it to #36. Smith and Waddle could both go top 10.

Who are some others who fit what Miami needs?

In this draft, I think the three best fits in that regard are Smith, Waddle and Toney.

Of those three, Toney is the only one who I think makes it to #18. Not sure he makes it to #36. Smith and Waddle could both go top 10.

Rondale Moore is very dangerous, he may actually turn out to be the best YAC guy in the draft.

Elijah Moore is another guy who gets separation and YAC yards.

Amari Rodgers?

Elijah Moore 100%. In 2020 stats were 83 rec, 1193 yds, 8 TDs in 8 games. Would give us route running, YAC and separation. One of 3 Biletnikoff finalists with Smith and Pitts - not bad company.

Rondale Moore is very dangerous, he may actually turn out to be the best YAC guy in the draft.

Elijah Moore is another guy who gets separation and YAC yards.

Amari Rodgers?
RonDale Moore is YAC monster. I’m 100% with you their.

Elijah Moore I saw a couple of times and I wonder if the production isn’t just bc of the offensive style. Not knocking him as I’ve only seen him play a couple of games like I said but I do wonder if the wide open spread Ole Miss runs didn’t make him look better than he is.

Speaking as a huge Clemson fan Amari Rodgers is not going to be a YAC guy in the pros. He’s more of a pure WR than RonDale Moore but he’s nowhere near the athlete that RM is. AR is not the quick twitch make you miss WR. He’s going to be a solid reliable 3rd down possession WR. He will catch pretty much everything thrown his way but he’s not going to get you much extra after the catch. He’s built more like a tailback at 5’9 210. He’s a thick guy that can take the hits and he’s not afraid to go over the middle but he’s not going to make many people miss. He’s a tad stiff but like I said if the ball is anywhere near him he’s going to catch it.

Elijah Moore 100%. In 2020 stats were 83 rec, 1193 yds, 8 TDs in 8 games. Would give us route running, YAC and separation. One of 3 Biletnikoff finalists with Smith and Pitts - not bad company.

Yep, after Smith, Elijah Moore is the receiver I want most for Miami. He does everything at a high level and shows a very advanced feel for the position - particularly creating separation, finding holes in zones, and tracking the ball. High floor, high ceiling. Kiffin compared him to Steve Smith Sr..

I have a feeling Flores and Miami might come away enamored w/ Frank Darby this week. A little under the radar, but seems to have the mental makeup Flores likes and the little I’ve seen of him, he can separate pretty well.

RonDale Moore is YAC monster. I’m 100% with you their.

Elijah Moore I saw a couple of times and I wonder if the production isn’t just bc of the offensive style. Not knocking him as I’ve only seen him play a couple of games like I said but I do wonder if the wide open spread Ole Miss runs didn’t make him look better than he is.

Speaking as a huge Clemson fan Amari Rodgers is not going to be a YAC guy in the pros. He’s more of a pure WR than RonDale Moore but he’s nowhere near the athlete that RM is. AR is not the quick twitch make you miss WR. He’s going to be a solid reliable 3rd down possession WR. He will catch pretty much everything thrown his way but he’s not going to get you much extra after the catch. He’s built more like a tailback at 5’9 210. He’s a thick guy that can take the hits and he’s not afraid to go over the middle but he’s not going to make many people miss. He’s a tad stiff but like I said if the ball is anywhere near him he’s going to catch it.
I freaking love RonDale Moore. I watched him tear up the B1G and he’s exciting to watch. And you’re right, it’s more than just blazing speed (though that is impressive, too). I still don’t think we’ve seen his full potential as a receiver yet. Purdue really focused on getting the ball in his hands quickly and letting him do his thing. I think he can be utilized in so many more ways at the next level.

Rondale Moore at his size still squats over 600 lbs. and many think he will run in the mid to low 4.3 range. He is fast, elusive, and very strong, reminds me of Steve Smith.

The problem with Rondale Moore is that he is an injury machine as well as being a YAC machine.

I do not see how you can be at all confident that he will be a reliable NFL player.

Rondale Moore at his size still squats over 600 lbs. and many think he will run in the mid to low 4.3 range. He is fast, elusive, and very strong, reminds me of Steve Smith.
He's quite the tiny athlete...

...when he's not injured.

Haven't you guys had enough of those?

Only issue with Rondale Moore is injuries. Hamstring injuries worry me, particularly when you're that explosive. His production was in 2018 and he's hardly played the last 2 years. Someone might take a gamble on him in the 2nd round and get lucky.

The problem with Rondale Moore is that he is an injury machine as well as being a YAC machine.

I do not see how you can be at all confident that he will be a reliable NFL player.
That drops him for me.

Back
Top Bottom