Wild Card Winners? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wild Card Winners?

I don’t know. I hear all the claims of player x doesn’t handle pressure well in the pocket and I get a little tired of hearing it. It’s EXTREMELY rare anyone handles pressure up the middle well. Then I hear it as a criticism of college QB’s and Watson who is closer to being a rookie than not. Kind of lame on all counts.

Pressure up the middle is a big reason Q Williams is my favorite player in the draft.

I think you got a good example of how much difference making o line play matters.

Like i can’t think of a better example than what that o line did to Houston’s vaunted front.

Helps that the qb had elite level pocket presence out the womb but Nelson is probably the second most valuable player on that team after luck. And he’s a left guard.

Cornerstone player

The colts are crushing it pretty much across the board. Draft, scheme, coaching you name it.

Seeing a lot of analyst taking the eagles today.

Seeing more than I expected taking the chargers too which I don’t get frankly
But hey I’m 0-2 so far so lol

I don’t know. I hear all the claims of player x doesn’t handle pressure well in the pocket and I get a little tired of hearing it. It’s EXTREMELY rare anyone handles pressure up the middle well. Then I hear it as a criticism of college QB’s and Watson who is closer to being a rookie than not. Kind of lame on all counts.

Pressure up the middle is a big reason Q Williams is my favorite player in the draft.

I mean, even when Luck was in college we all watched him and said "My God, this man handles the pocket like a wizard," but it's pretty clear that the Colts' off-season philosophy of "protect the franchise" was the correct track for them to take.

Luck is completely revitalized despite coming off of some pretty serious injuries and he's clearly got his confidence back. Being hit less than any quarterback in football (and by a wide margin) will do that for you. Yeah, his pocket presence is surreal, but under his last coaching staff he was getting hammered more than just about anyone. Protect your quarterback and good things happen.

We'll never figure this out. We'll draft that kid Kyler Murray and then have him getting blasted at the top of his drop because apparently we don't believe in drafting quality interior OL or bothering to coach them to pick up stunts. It's maddening.

Extremely difficult situation for the Ravens coaching staff right here at the end of the half. Lamar Jackson is playing very poorly, but the game is still close.

If you put Flacco in, you give yourself a better chance to win the football game. But if you do that, you're also yanking the guy you have drafted to be your new franchise quarterback in the biggest game maybe of his entire life. For a guy who isn't going to be on your team next year.

TOUGH situation.

I think it’s more inability to go thru progressions from the pocket than anything else but yeah apparent indeed.

This is what happens when your defense can’t sniff the qb due to top shelf o line play and as a result your suspect secondary gets torched and you have a one read qb that is poor from the pocket.

Congrats to the colts they put it on them and kcs gonna have their hands full.

Watson’s got a long ways to go in pure pocket play.

I love that the patriots likely get the ravens d to deal with.
I was hoping Ravens at Pats. Better chance of beating them than SD. Pats going to go to another title game. Sigh.

Extremely difficult situation for the Ravens coaching staff right here at the end of the half. Lamar Jackson is playing very poorly, but the game is still close.

If you put Flacco in, you give yourself a better chance to win the football game. But if you do that, you're also yanking the guy you have drafted to be your new franchise quarterback in the biggest game maybe of his entire life. For a guy who isn't going to be on your team next year.

TOUGH situation.
I yank him. Could change the dynamic of the game as SD didn’t prepare for him. And Jackson is a mess today.

TOUGH situation.
Jackson isn’t a franchise QB. No way is he the future there.

Laughable. Both D’s playing great. Don’t dog the QB to make a previous opinion look better.

Laughable. Both D’s playing great. Don’t dog the QB to make a previous opinion look better.

If you were talking about the guy ripping on Rivers, I agree. Rivers is playing well. If you are saying that Lamar Jackson is the victim of a great D today, I don't agree in the slightest.

Honestly I’ll never be excited about a QB who can’t pass no matter how electric he is. Just my opinion. Let’s see if Lamar can bring them back.

Back
Top Bottom