Will AJ be a next Brady | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will AJ be a next Brady

Zerocool

ONE TEAM ONE DREAM!!!!!
Reaction score
I was just thinking AJ has the skills to be a next Brady if our line does its gob and our WR.

Phinz4Life said:
Hell yeah! OPTIMISM RULES! :D

Feeley will top Brady!

optimism will rule the earth one day...:cooldude:

jk i just hope that he will become better than brady...he does have better recievers then brady...

Hard to say. It's not as though Brady has tremendous physical skills or anything, but he's really smart and plays in an offense that maximizes his strengths (quick reads, 10-15 yard throws, lots of routes). By all accounts, Feeley has the physical skills to be a fine QB. If the Phins are serious about getting it downfield more often, that works to his benefit. Is he smart enough? That remains to be seen.

I'll say this, though: if an OL holds its blocks and the WRs get separation, ANYONE can look good.

phunwin said:
I'll say this, though: if an OL holds its blocks and the WRs get separation, ANYONE can look good.
Totally agreed.

And, gotta agree with a fellow NYer. :D

phunwin said:
Hard to say. It's not as though Brady has tremendous physical skills or anything, but he's really smart and plays in an offense that maximizes his strengths (quick reads, 10-15 yard throws, lots of routes). By all accounts, Feeley has the physical skills to be a fine QB. If the Phins are serious about getting it downfield more often, that works to his benefit. Is he smart enough? That remains to be seen.

I think AJ has the skills pluss like you said if the ol holds its blocks and the wrs get sparation you factor all that stuff in there and he has the potential to be a great qb.

As long as he doesn't throw like Greg Brady, we will be O.K. Although he did have good aim at Marcias nose. All kidding aside, the people here in jersey loved him when he was with the eagles, so I hope he can do it.

So far his accuracy on his deep balls is being questioned during the mini camps. I hope it is just rust and his lack of knowledge of the Dolphins offense.

im like 20 min from philly and i wish i wouldve paid more attention to the games he played in, but i was too occupied following the dolphins games online. all i remember is that everybody here loved him and the eagles didnt lose a step, but then again, koy detmer did a good job when he was in there too. i remember thinking 'hey whats the deal, i wish miami had 3 qbs like this'.

what excited me the most about him for this team, specifically for CC, is how he hits his recievers in stride.

does anybody know how quick he gets the ball out of there?
how good of an oline does he need compared to jay?

o yea, and hes better looking than tom brady.

i also remember reading that his 4th quarter QB rating is VERY good,
i dont remember what it is tho.

and i found this:

In the 2001 season finale at TB (1/6) saw his first pro action as he entered the game in the 4th qtr. With a lip bloodied by a hard shot from a Bucs defender and down 13-3 with less than six minutes remaining, he led two consecutive scoring drives giving the Eagles a 17-13 win. Both drives resulted in TD passes to WR Dameane Douglas, including the game-winning 24-ydr. with 1:46 left on the clock. Finished the night 10 of 14 passing for 143 yds. and 2 TDs.

Stepped in for an injured Detmer (elbow) at SF (11/25/02) on Monday Night Football and went 3-3-17-1TD passing in the final qtr.-and-a-half of the game. His 1-yd. TD pass to Chad Lewis came on his first pass attempt of the season

"I'm pretty confident," said Feeley, who hadn't started a game since October, 1999. "If I wasn't confident in my ability to play this game, Acquired the skill of roping cattle at a young age while working the ranches of family friends during the summers. "It came very easy to me. It was very similar to throwing a football."
Wrote Peter King of Sports Illustrated and CNNSI.com after Feeley's impressive record as a starter during the 2002 season in relief of McNabb and Detmer:
"It's hard not to be very, very excited watching him play the quarterback position& one of the reasons he has been able to succeed to this level is because he doesn't treat it like it's the seventh game of the World Series. He approaches every down like he's just out there playing. No pressure."

"ANALYSIS
Positives... Well-proportioned athlete who knows how to manage an offense... Has a very quick set-up, moving away from the center fluidly...Displays a high release point and even though he's more comfortable in the pocket, he shows good improvisation skills on the move...Touch passer with a good understanding of defensive coverage...has good poise in the pocket, rarely forcing his throws...Shows solid timing and consistency on slants and fades, feathering the ball past the defenders so his receivers do not have to work to make the catch...Can vary the speed on his passes and will step up and make the completion when his pocket collapses...Scans the field quickly to spot his open target and has the body control to make defenders miss when on the move.

Negatives... Does not have the arm strength or consistency to throw deep (note-player has just now fully recovered from a right elbow injury suffered in 1999 that affected his velocity)...His loss of velocity causes his balls to flutter and die when throwing from the opposite hash mark...Does not seem to throw across the body effectively, tending to go to a side-arm release on his deep throws...While he stands tall in the pocket, he does not have the lateral agility to escape when flushed out of the pocket or the quickness to gain much yardage past the line of scrimmage."

heres some interesting feeley links:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2001/profile/adam_feeley.html
http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/eagles/archives/000071.html
http://www.seahawks.com/arprintdisplay.aspx?ID=1770

sorry if people already posted this

Puncho said:
So far his accuracy on his deep balls is being questioned during the mini camps. I hope it is just rust and his lack of knowledge of the Dolphins offense.

Are you talking about Fiedler? Because I know your not talking about AJ, his deep ball has been on point nearly every camp. That has been one of the things he has done well, along with the mid-range passing and getting the ball to his receivers in stride. He has struggled with the rush and pressure, he looks lost some times and doesn't know all the plays, but that was all to be expected...I think he'll improve in TC on those facets and win the starting job.

His accuracy mid-to-deep is his greatest strength IMO.

I think Brady is one of those special guys that come along rarely. He's like Montana. Nothing spectacular, just a brilliant technician when it's time to execute. He is mentally unflappable. He is the rare athlete who becomes more proficient as the pressure goes up.

I have high hopes for AJ, and despise the Patsies, but before it's over, Brady will be the Montana of his generation. I hope I am wrong about this.

Back
Top Bottom