Will Belichick outsmart Wanny? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Belichick outsmart Wanny?

We shall see. I will terrorize Patriotsnation.com if Miami wins. I will be here either way.

having a better record, don't make you the better team.

Pats are going to get crushed. Your offence can't do anything consistantly. Brady is turning the ball over, and his coach has abandoned the rush all together. That's a bad omen going into Dec. don't you think?

I've actually been wondering since 2001 how the Pats get away with winning and having no running game. It's quite amazing.

Originally posted by Ross

Pats are going to get crushed. Your offence can't do anything consistantly. Brady is turning the ball over, and his coach has abandoned the rush all together. That's a bad omen going into Dec. don't you think?

I think winning 8 in a row is pretty good omen. I think you should be concerned with the bad December omens though.

Originally posted by Ross

If a better record does not make you a better team than please tell the world how else you compare teams if not by records? Why do we even keep track of who wins or loses if we are just going to use subjective terms to rate teams? Do you even think before you post? That is the most simple statement a person could make!

Originally posted by pats4life

If a better record does not make you a better team than please tell the world how else you compare teams if not by records? Why do we even keep track of who wins or loses if we are just going to use subjective terms to rate teams? Do you even think before you post? That is the most simple statement a person could make!

What the hell are you guys arguing about? Do you think before you post, cuz if you did you might aknowledge the merit in his post.
I shouldn't even have to explain but I'll consider the source, there are alot of situations in the league where one team may be better with a worse record. Consider Cincinatti and Baltimore, one of the teams is the better team, yet they have the same record. Are they equally good teams, of course not. Indy and Tenn, same thing. Either of these teams could be better than K.C now, but alas, K.C has the better record.

Wins and losses are an adequate, and the best way we have to measure teams, but factoring in the streangth of schedual, weather and the fact that not all teams match up well against others (consider The Jets and Tenn.) (Bucs and Jax). Teams sometimes beating themselves, And the better team, though they should, doesn't always win. You can argue that the better team that sunday won.

To say that the better team allways wins, or a better record makes you a better team is a retard statement, why else would the Dolphins have lost to the Texans only to smash the Cowgirls. Are the Texans better than the Cowboys?
Just my 0.02 ;)

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

What the hell are you guys arguing about? Do you think before you post, cuz if you did you might aknowledge the merit in his post.
I shouldn't even have to explain but I'll consider the source, there are alot of situations in the league where one team may be better with a worse record. Consider Cincinatti and Baltimore, one of the teams is the better team, yet they have the same record. Are they equally good teams, of course not. Indy and Tenn, same thing. Either of these teams could be better than K.C now, but alas, K.C has the better record.

Wins and losses are an adequate, and the best way we have to measure teams, but factoring in the streangth of schedual, weather and the fact that not all teams match up well against others (consider The Jets and Tenn.) (Bucs and Jax). Teams sometimes beating themselves, And the better team, though they should, doesn't always win. You can argue that the better team that sunday won.

To say that the better team allways wins, or a better record makes you a better team is a retard statement, why else would the Dolphins have lost to the Texans only to smash the Cowgirls. Are the Texans better than the Cowboys?
Just my 0.02 ;)

Pigskin Pimp I dont know any other way to measure a team other than wins and losses, you are correct there are factors that can be used as an argument, strength of schedule, team match ups, common opponets and so forth, but in the end its about winning and lossing! My argument to Ross is simple, based on schedule, head to head match ups and record at this point New England is the better team, I can not come up with any legitment stats or facts that would dispute that claim, I realize that you all think the Dolphins are the better team but facts as they stand now do not support that claim, but your point is valid because I think we are a better team than K.C but they have a better record however we have not played K.C and up to this point other than a couple games they have had a easy schedule.

Originally posted by pats4life

Pigskin Pimp I dont know any other way to measure a team other than wins and losses, you are correct there are factors that can be used as an argument, strength of schedule, team match ups, common opponets and so forth, but in the end its about winning and lossing! My argument to Ross is simple, based on schedule, head to head match ups and record at this point New England is the better team, I can not come up with any legitment stats or facts that would dispute that claim, I realize that you all think the Dolphins are the better team but facts as they stand now do not support that claim, but your point is valid because I think we are a better team than K.C but they have a better record however we have not played K.C and up to this point other than a couple games they have had a easy schedule.

There you have it, you think your team is better than K.C - and they have the better record, funny how that works.....:rolleyes:

All I'm saying is that a teams true greatness and potential can not always be measured with the W/L...look at Minnisota, 6 weeks ago they were SB Contenders in the eyes of many - now they fight for a playoff spot.
Don't forget we outplayed you guys for 3 quarters and blew the game, we beat ourselves as far as I'm concerned.
You won the game, but not until we put it on the clearance isle and gift wrapped the damn thing for you. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom