Will Flores Break The Bad Belichek Tree Trend? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Flores Break The Bad Belichek Tree Trend?

BlueFin

Seer of Visions
Club Member
Reaction score
Belichick has had one of the most successful careers in NFL history, but his coaching tree has laid an egg. Of the five Belichick assistants in New England who have gone on to become NFL head coaches, none has had a particularly impressive record. Here are those five coaches:

Bill O’Brien: 42-38 (1-3 in playoffs)
Eric Mangini: 33-47 (0-1 in playoffs)
Romeo Crennel: 28-55 (never made playoffs)
Josh McDaniels: 11-17 (never made playoffs)
Matt Patricia: 6-10 (never made playoffs)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...uck-the-trend-of-the-belichick-coaching-tree/

I hope so...But I’m not excited or optimistic about it!

If he gets his quarterback then absolutely. The problem is he probably won’t get his QB until year 2 or 3.

If he gets his quarterback then absolutely. The problem is he probably won’t get his QB until year 2 or 3.

So you base this on what? He’s never been a head coach at any level as far as I can see?

He’s never even officially earned the title “Defensive Coordinator” yet as Belichek didn’t feel he had earned it...though apparently he did call the defense this year.

Doesn’t the hope and faith stem from him serving in the Patriot Belichek Tree?

And... the record of that tree is not good..not special...for whatever reason...it has a failing grade!

So you base this on what? He’s never been a head coach at any level as far as I can see?

He’s never even officially earned the title “Defensive Coordinator” yet as Belichek didn’t feel he had earned it...though apparently he did call the defense this year.

And... the record of that tree is not good..not special...for whatever reason...it has a failing grade!

One of my MAJOR reasons I dont want him.......Hopefully the front office realizes that as well

You know this for a fact? You spoke to Belichek? I guess Richard didnt earn it either as he was not the DC in Dallas.

That's probably the main reason I'm lukewarm on Flores. It has nothing to do with him personally, it's just the past failures of previous Patriots coordinators. The speculation of him hiring Jim Caldwell and Bret Bielama is promising though.

Name me one reason to believe he will succeed as a NFL head coach when the others haven't. Even Bill O'Brien would be run out of here. One playoff win against a weak beat up Raiders team. But again, what makes Flores different?

Embrace the tank!!! 3 years from now we will have another mediocre hire

Saw Richard going off on Lee and Vander Esch last night. They were doing the equivalent of rolling their eyes. I can see where that level of "intensity" can easily wear thin after awhile.
My exact thought I expressed last night in another thread. They were tuned out.

I would rather have Rizzi than Flores. I think B.B. loves to sabotage other teams with his prodigy! Ok, so that is ridiculous, I know. In reality, I think B.B. has so much control that his staff doesn’t get the same level of experience that the typical staff does, and who even knows how approachable he is by other staff for really learning the ins and outs of creating the “Patriot Way”. I just cannot explain otherwise why the most successful program in the modern age cannot produce a single successful HC. In a sense, robbing his staff of experience, deliberately or as a side effect of his level of control, actually does sabotage other teams. Brilliant.

The Dolphins are the next limb on the B.B. tree of failure.

I would rather have Rizzi than Flores. I think B.B. loves to sabotage other teams with his prodigy! Ok, so that is ridiculous, I know. In reality, I think B.B. has so much control that his staff doesn’t get the same level of experience that the typical staff does, and who even knows how approachable he is by other staff for really learning the ins and outs of creating the “Patriot Way”. I just cannot explain otherwise why the most successful program in the modern age cannot produce a single successful HC. In a sense, robbing his staff of experience, deliberately or as a side effect of his level of control, actually does sabotage other teams. Brilliant.

The Dolphins are the next limb on the B.B. tree of failure.

Embrace the tank! We will be doing this again in 3 years

Back
Top Bottom