Will Fuller on Jaylen Waddle and Dolphins' wide receiver group: 'You can't teach speed' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Fuller on Jaylen Waddle and Dolphins' wide receiver group: 'You can't teach speed'

Yes

Al Davis is stirring in his grave
Al's problem was his track stars usually couldn't play football worth a damn. Tim Brown became a great player, but it took several years.

Even when he got good players, his ego held him back (Marcus Allen).

Al's problem was his track stars usually couldn't play football worth a damn. Tim Brown became a great player, but it took several years.

Even when he got good players, his ego held him back (Marcus Allen).
He was a vengeful narcissist and a rotten person, but he did put some really good teams on the field for a long time; he KNEW football.

No one has a defensive backfield that can keep up with this group. If you use it right it should result in a lot of big plays
Perhaps we have that defensive backfield. Preseason and off-season practice will be fun to see who wins more: our WR or our DB's?

Matt Breida ran a 4.38, had a 42" vertical, had 3,740 rushing yards in college (7 yd rushing avg), and he went undrafted.

Fast backs and WRs go undrafted all the time. Most of the experiments where a team brings in a track star fail b/c there's a difference between track speed and football speed. I tend to bristle when posters advocate for a player based on nothing more than measurables. I see it as evidence of somebody having very little understanding of football. What I want to see is if a player can play fast. Fortunately, I see Fuller, Waddle and Wilson as three players who are very fast people and very fast football players.

I see Grant as a fast person, but he becomes inconsistent trying to catch while moving fast. Bowden is a good player, but that 40 time seems fictional to me. He's incredibly quick and shifty, but I don't see him run away from defenders or erase angles like Fuller, Waddle and Wilson do.

Back
Top Bottom