Will Miami pull a San Diego?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami pull a San Diego??

Miami will pull a Miami and go 19-0. Yes, I can see into the future.

clear.gif

stan marino said:
LOL im not sure about that being a good thing...Can Gus start?
small sampling but in 3-4 games under linehan in minny in 2003:

7-2 TD/Int ratio
118 rating
70% completion % or something insane like that.

Yeah if he can do that on a regular basis id say he can start. Its certainly more than AJ ever has or will show.

Wagon Circler said:
Please, this is the AFCE. You have no chance to "pull a San Diego". However, you can't do much worse than last year. Miami will improve, but still probably be under .500.

Just thought I'd tell you Bufffalo sux. and you will not make the playoff in 2005. but on the brighter side I like your picture in your sig. :D

Wagon Circler said:
Please, this is the AFCE. You have no chance to "pull a San Diego". However, you can't do much worse than last year. Miami will improve, but still probably be under .500.

YO BUFFALLO BILLY BOY, First off Buffalo is going no where and 2nd Miami will win more games, how much are we betting?

Can the Dolphins be the Chargers of 2005? I don't think it is impossible, though a few things have to fall into place for it to happen.

How tough might the AFC East really be, for example? If Losman struggles badly in his first year starting? The Bills are in trouble.

If Penny goes down for half or more of the season for the Jets? With Jay Fiedler as the back-up? :D

As bad as the team was last season, they managed to beat the Pats, who still had a reason to play hard (homefield advantage was on the line). Is it so hard to imagine an improved, Saban lead team beating them again at Miami? I don't think so.

So, the AFC East may be easier than it seems right now.

Winning 12 games (like the Chargers did) would be a bit of a shocker, because Feeley would have to put it together like Brees did at QB. One of our WRs or TE McMichael would have to step up like TE Gates did for the Chargers. The OL would have to be transformed into a solid unit, though we've got Houck now, right? Brown at HB, who can be the threat like LT is for the Chargers.

The defense seems like the most solid part of the team right now, so that is not as much of a concern. Safety maybe.

The above is a long list of things that have to happen for the Phins to reach a 12-4 record, but I feel that even 10 wins is realistic, even if the team just improves at QB and OL.

Can we pull a San Diego?? I see 10-6 maybe, but not 12-4. We didn't totally rebuild our team, our core is still there, so we have the potential. However, Drew benefited from an excellent O-line. Prior to last year, charger fans wanted him gone because he abandoned the pocket too soon, according to them. Hell, I would too if there was a 300lb lineman barreling down at me! But Marty got him a good line...and now they love him!! Classic NFL fanship!:roflmao:

People seem to keep forgetting that when they use SD or Carolina as examples why the Phins can go 12-4, those teams were not playing with all new coaches and new offensive and defensive systems.
It took Houck a couple of years to mold SD's line so that Brees had some protection.
It took Fox a couple of years to get his team to the playoffs (and superbowl).

So, if you are going to use those teams as indicators as to how good (or bad) we might be this year, you should be using those team's first year under their coach/system, not the season when the players had 2 or 3 years to get it together.

Wagon Circler said:

We are not the Buffalo Bills. The Dolphins are a proud franchise with a storied history. They will not finish below .500.

Can AJ pull a Drew Brees?

Can HH work his magic again?

They're the questions that really should be asked. If the answer to both... maybe even just the first one... is yes then we could kinda pull off a San Diego.

You have to remember that the Chargers were in a very easy divison last year - a division that is now one of the best in the league. Last year though Oakland and KC did nothing and Denver cemented themselves as the Saints of the AFC (a team that should do really well but doesn't).

We aren't. The AFC East is rock hard.

Wagon Circler said:

Rookie QB in Buffalo....you ain't makin' the playoffs either. Deal with that!:D

death7star said:
it all depends on AJ.

Wrong, it all depends on the play of the OL....If the OL plays well, AJ will have the time he needs and we did see that he CAN play well with the proper team around him.

Guys guys guys :shakeno:

Ben rothlisberger was an anomaly, Dan marino was an anomaly, and the Chargers from last year was an anomaly. As much as I yearn for us to go 16-0 regular season the fact is we were 4-12 and had second pick in the draft. If we go 5-11 then we've taken a step in the right direction. 6-10 and we should be content, 7-9 Be happy, 8-8 ecstatic!!! We have one of the top 5 hardest schedules this year, are in the hardest conference in the NFL, have all new coaching, Playbook, and staff.

There's way to many variables to say what our record will be. But know that a .500 season would be incredible for a turn around. Anything higher then that is "an anomaly"

<--- Puts back on orange and teal glasses

WOOHOO Go dolphins :D

awing... i totally agree.

apart from the teal bit.... we aren't the Jags. Coral and Aqua. :D

death7star said:
it all depends on AJ.

true, it all rests in that mans hands. with a good running game to loosen up defenses, a better line, better running back, and hopefully a full stable of healthy wr's, we should be just fine. 11-5 imo.

Back
Top Bottom