Will Miami pull a San Diego?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami pull a San Diego??

Losman7 said:
If this, if that.

Bottom line we swept you and you were 4-12. If you want to get excited to "try" and have a chance to redeem yourself thats fine.

But as of right now Buffalo, the Bills, and the rest of the NFl has no respect for you. You are on par with SanFran and Cleveland until proven otherwise.

Dude sometimes you just go too far.

I suspect most of the NFL has quite a bit of respect for the Dolphins. Based just on the fact that the Dolphins always have a good D. And I seriously doubt many NFL HC's lack respect for Nick Saban and the team he runs. You know the Miami Dolphins?

nyjunc said:
No for 3 reasons.

1. Brees had more potential than Feely.

2. The AFC West was down last year while the AFC East is still the toughest div in the NFL.

3. Marty was an experienced NFL coach. Not saying Saban won't be a good coach but to expect it in yr 1 is asking alot.

BS......

1. Brees has shown LAST YEAR that he is good....but he had much more on his side then Feeley

2. I think the Jets and Bills have are overrrated and neither are playoff caliber. Yep...Jets in the same sentnence..sorry.

3. Marty has demonstrated nothing. Sorry....

nyjunc said:
No for 3 reasons.

1. Brees had more potential than Feely.

2. The AFC West was down last year while the AFC East is still the toughest div in the NFL.

3. Marty was an experienced NFL coach. Not saying Saban won't be a good coach but to expect it in yr 1 is asking alot.

#1, in what universe? Brees had so much potential that most thought before the 2004 season that Rivers would be the starting QB.

#3 especially was the main reason why what San Diego did last year was such a shock. Everyone thought he was a lame HC last year.

I don't think the Dolphins will go from 4-12 to 12-4, but then again if the sorry Chargers can do it I see no reason why this team couldn't. Like it or not this Dolphins team is stacked with talent. It's all about how fast they can learn and bond with each other.

Dbergan said:
BS......

1. Brees has shown LAST YEAR that he is good....but he had much more on his side then Feeley

2. I think the Jets and Bills have are overrrated and neither are playoff caliber. Yep...Jets in the same sentnence..sorry.

-Brees had shown ability in '02, alot more than AJ has shown.

-The jets were a kick away from the AFC Title game and have improved, to say we are not playoff caliber is pretty silly.

-Marty may nevere have won a SB but he has been to 4 Conf title games and in his one yr in DC he had their best record this decade.

#1, in what universe? Brees had so much potential that most thought before the 2004 season that Rivers would be the starting QB.

Brees was almost a 1st rd pick, he had shown flashes in '02. he had and has alot more potential than Feeley who has never done anything in this league.

If we can go atleast 3-3 in the division anything is possible, whether it's winning the AFC EAST or the WILDCARD. This is a better team than 4-12, we should've had at least 2 more wins had it not been for Feeley's Picks to the House. Look at it this way, If Feeley doesn't throw all those picks for TD's we probably don't get Ronnie.

Rebuilding a team with new systems and new coaches takes time. It is possible that we could somehow make the playoffs, but the odds, and history, are most certainly against it. Dont be surprised if we end up somewhere around .500 this year.
Hope for the best, but be aware that the best may take a year or two.

Dbergan said:
BS......

The jets just made playoffs and that's a fact. How are they not playoff calibre? That's like saying the Pats are not sb calibre especially after a sb win.

Hey Wagon Circler, I guarantee we at the very least get a split if not sweep your candy @#$ butts. I have no idea where you think that you are a super power this year, I dont see you doing much better then us this year if at all. We will see you losers in the play-offs.
Dolphins For Life.

I hate to disagree with the optomists, but I don't think we'll reach the playoffs in Saban's first season. Although we have a talented roster that shouldn't have given us the 4-12 record like the one we sported last season. Nick Saban is installing new systems on both sides of the ball and I think it will take awhile for things to settle.

That being said, I say we start off the season slowly (2-6 by the season's halfway point) before ending the season on a tear to finish out 8-8 and scare some people for 2006.

NOTE: Prediction subject to change if Ricky Williams returns.

Losman7 said:
You are on par with SanFran and Cleveland until proven otherwise.

Nah, the Dolphins are a cut above those two. They went 2-0 against them last year. :wink:

Losman7 said:
If this, if that.

Bottom line we swept you and you were 4-12. If you want to get excited to "try" and have a chance to redeem yourself thats fine.

But as of right now Buffalo, the Bills, and the rest of the NFl has no respect for you. You are on par with SanFran and Cleveland until proven otherwise.

Bottom line...you clowns had every opportunity to get into the playoffs last season...let me remind you...at home...playing against 3rd string players...and the Steelers had nothing really to play for...and you clowns LOST :lol:

I can give a ratz azz about how other fans and teams feel about us...I guess...until you clowns can prove that you can beat 3rd stringers...you won't make the playoffs...and speaking about respect for the JiLLLLs...that went out the door...just like their 4 SB losses in a row...that for sure in one team that I have NO respect for...

I've read your posts before...you actually seem knowledgeable...so in today's NFL...teams turn it around pretty fast...look at the Pats...look at the Panthers...look at Steelers last season.

To bad you can't realize that a lot of Feeley's problems were caused becuase on no running game...bad o-line play...and BAD coaching.

I think if you can take some pressure off Feeley...that he will have a better year. I feel that an 8-8 season is not out of reach...and maybe even better than that...who knows. Gus can also be effective if you can take pressure off him. Fiedler looked okay if he had a good balance and had time to throw...we did go to the playoffs with Fiedler...so why can't we go with Feeley or Gus? You clowns didn't get into the playoffs with a Pro Bowl QB...so you can make fun of our QBs...you have every right to but...I think that they will be more successful this season...especially with better all around coaching and some young blood.

Go Fins!!!

The better questions is "Can AJ feeley pull a Drew Brees"

miami_mi said:
The better questions is "Can AJ feeley pull a Drew Brees"

Balance...the Defense needs to get off the field...and stay fresh in the 4th quarter...or D-Line is much improved and we should have a great rotation.

On offense...keep pressure off Feeley...balanced attack...a better running game will directly help Feeley. Our new coaching staff was the biggest asset that we acquired this season...our O-Line will be improved.

Feeley has better skills than Fiedler...if we made the playoffs with Fiedler...why can't we with Feeley? I also feel that Gus was an upgrade from Fiedler. Gus knows Linehan's system...this camp should be very competitive. I'm not saying it will all come together this season...but I would be happy with an 8-8 season and extremely happy with anything better than that.

You gotta believe...I do.

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom