Will Miami pull a San Diego?? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Miami pull a San Diego??

Depends on if our o-line stands tough an Aj makes better decisions.

Wagon Circler said:
Please, this is the AFCE. You have no chance to "pull a San Diego". However, you can't do much worse than last year. Miami will improve, but still probably be under .500. The Buffalo Bills will go deep into the playoffs in 2005, I guarantee it.

whew! im glad its settled.:rolleyes: ... losing Bledsoe and and Pat williams will meet your demise, besides, you couldn't even beat the second string steelers to get in the playoffs!

the jills going deep in the playoffs????

:roflmao: this board is about the NFL not your success with your playstation season......

What is Losman's completion record? Something like 3-5 and 1 interception? I think the Bills have at least as many questions at QB as Miami.

Bills have a good defense and a good running game so anything can happen with that combination. Couple things about that defense is they need more pass rush and turnovers to really go far. Just IMO.

no way!!!! because we will get to the super bowl brown & williams will take us there

unifiedtheory said:
Our defense is gonna kick the crap out of some people this year, our special teams will be better (because of health), our running game will be better (it can't be worse) and Hudson will have the O-line blowing people up...that being said.

I think if A.J. is competent (57-60%, 3,000-3,250 YDs., 20-25 TD's, 10-15 INTs.) we go 10-6 or better....I think it is that simple.

A. J. is the biggest question mark. Our O line will not be blowing people up by the way. They will be much better though and so will the team for the other reasons you say.

The only ones that need to believe we can do it are the players, coaches, and fans. Everybody else take us lightly, doubt us, bash us, whatever you want, at the end of the year you'll see we'll be making a push for the playoffs.......

Pull a San Diego?

The Chargers didn't have a winning record since 1995 until last year. If you mean you guys will suck for nearly a decade, then you'd pull a San Diego.

San Diego's season by season records since 95:

2004 - 12-4
2003 - 4-12
2002 - 8-8
2001 - 5-11
2000 - 1-15
1999 - 8-8
1998 - 5-11
1997 - 4-12
1996 - 8-8
1995 - 9-7

Point is - bad teams dont change overnight. It took the Chargers alot of drafts and pick-ups to turn it around, not just one year.

Agua said:
What is Losman's completion record? Something like 3-5 and 1 interception? I think the Bills have at least as many questions at QB as Miami.

Garbage time vs NE in a blow-out is a great way to judge a rookie (at the time) QB.

stan marino said:
Bills have a good defense and a good running game so anything can happen with that combination. Couple things about that defense is they need more pass rush and turnovers to really go far. Just IMO.

More turnovers? Bills were 2nd in the league in turnovers with 32. T-1st in INTs.

T-3rd in sacks with 45.

Crisis said:
More turnovers? Bills were 2nd in the league in turnovers with 32. T-1st in INTs.

T-3rd in sacks with 45.

Sorry i didnt state that very well 2 hours of sleep and im loseing it here...I meant with the offense goin to struggle with a "rookie" qb u'll need more turnovers and pass rush to compensate for an offense that will need to grow.

Wagon Circler said:
I make one serious comment to try and add my outside opinion to the conversation and I get jumped on by half the board. Listen, this isn't depths of the sea, and I wasn't trash talking. That's my opinion. This is a thread about Miami's chances in '05, not play bully to bills fans. Have some respect for yourselves as fans to be able discuss topics in an adult manner. Just because I have a different opinion doesn't mean you have to come back at me with (Omg omg 4 super bowl losses) or (Jills suck, JP Loserman sucks, we're better.)

I stand by what I said earlier. I mean really, picture this. You aren't a Miami fan. Let's look at the facts. Miami has close to no qb (Let's be honest), no line, new coaching staff, new offense and defensive schemes, and you went 4-12 last season. Are you afraid of that in the least? (keeping in mind that you are not a Miami fan) No. Should there be any reason to think that the Dolphins will "pull a San Diego" in the toughest division of the toughest conference in football? The answer is no.

I hope the Bills players have the same mindset as you, so that when we play them this year they wont know what hit em. To address your post, Miami has tons of talent, and we have had tons of talent for the last 5 years. With horrible coaching we've had 4 winning seasons. Think of that level of talent with great coaches now. We're not the bills, we don't have continous losing seasons... At the same time I don't think we will pull a San Diego, but then again no one thought San Diego would pull a San Diego. In this day and age in football anything can happen. I do know one thing, if we have a losing season this year, it will be the last one during Saban's tenure as our HC. Remember we are the Miami Dolphins, the most successful franchise in the history of the NFL. History repeats itself.

Chisel Monkey said:
With our Schedule-----NO.

Our schedule is no more difficult than the Pat's, Bills' or Jet's. You can't go by the won-loss records from last year. We play 2 games against the Pats who were 14-2. The Pats play 2 games against an opponent (Dolphins) who went 4-12. That's the difference right there. The same can be said about all the other teams in the AFC east. Outside of the division the Pats play a first place schedule and we play a last place schedule. If we can't beat the teams in our division, we don't go to the playoffs.
Each team in the division has question marks. There are no true dynasties anymore. I don't think winning 3 SB's by sqeaking past average opponents with last second FG's qualifies as a dynasty.
The Dolphins in the early 70's, Steelers of the late 70's and the 49'ers of the late 80's and early 90's were dynasties. They didn't just win, they dominated.

Back
Top Bottom