Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Patriots' Influence Rub Off On Dolphins?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
5d2cf4bf8f980.image.jpg

As a byproduct of all that success, hiring one of Belichick's understudies has been tried by many teams hoping to replicate The Patriot Way. But history has shown that poaching from Belichick's coaching tree doesn't guarantee a franchise transformation considering Houston Texans coach Bill O'Brien is Belichick's most successful former Patriots understudy, and it's not like O'Brien's 42-38 record as an NFL coach has blown anyone away.

The Miami Dolphins are the latest franchise attempting to bear fruit off Belichick's coaching tree with this offseason's hiring of Brian Flores, who spent 15 years working his way up New England's organization, spending last season as the Patriots defensive play-caller.

https://www.fltimes.com/news/nation...cle_bdbccaf6-2281-5dad-a18f-0f99766b5191.html

I heard a story years ago about Lombardi having the team do a group prayer before games.

One player asked him if praying was going to help them win the game.

His response was "if you block your man it will".

I highly doubt it will. Teams need to quit trying to be the Patriots and find something that will help them win without shady *** tactics.
Shady tactics, or no, they consistently put together outstanding game plans, and the team is always prepared to execute, and adjust as necessary.

Yes, they have been guilty of some shady, dishonest ****, but they also play good, efficient football.

I dislike them, but cheating is not what made the dynasty.

I highly doubt it will. Teams need to quit trying to be the Patriots and find something that will help them win without shady *** tactics.

This reminds me of that movie "Cool Runnings" about the Jamaican bosled team who were the biggest underdogs at the 1988 winter Olympics. Their biggest mistake was trying to be like the Swiss team because they were very good and almost unbeatable. That strategy didn't work then they took a different appproach by being themselves etc....

We are not the Patriots. We should stop replicating everything Patriots and start implementing the Dolphins Way under Flores.

Any HC worth a salt HAS TO BE his own man and do the things that fit his persona...

The good news is that Flores has been intimately involved with a successful (albeit cheating)

org and he's definitely got a reference to work from -- he KNOWS how a highly functional

program runs, and can implement HIS OWN brand (variation) of that design here.

Of course that knowledge and experience does not guarantee success -- but it's a

positive component in his background... I also get the impression Belicheat really

wants Flores to succeed to bolster his legacy -- and therefore he will "help" Flores

accomplish that (as evidenced by the rather massive infusion of NE coaches

that have joined our staff).

Bottom line, if Brian Flores is not the answer to Belicheats legacy then he probably

doesn't have one...

Time will tell.

BNF

Winning doesnt rub off on anyone. Compared to to the greatest coach of all time everyone else will never come close.

I can't wait til him and Brady retire. There are going to be some lean years in New England after that. Like after Marino left us.

Truthfully, i am not expecting greatness from Flores just middle of the road performance. Hopefully he exceeds my expectations... But if you are expecting him to be anything like Belichek... He will undoubtedly fall short of yours.

Winning doesnt rub off on anyone. Compared to to the greatest coach of all time everyone else will never come close.

I can't wait til him and Brady retire. There are going to be some lean years in New England after that. Like after Marino left us.

Truthfully, i am not expecting greatness from Flores just middle of the road performance. Hopefully he exceeds my expectations... But if you are expecting him to be anything like Belichek... He will undoubtedly fall short of yours.

But winning habits do.

So much of how Flores will be judged as a coach will depend on whether Miami gets an elite QB or not.

Without Brady stepping in when Bledsoe got hurt there is a real possibility Belichick would have been just another below average coach who lost more than he won and made a much better coordinator than HC.

Last edited:
They have had the winning formula for a very long time and they do it without high draft picks, how they train, draft, scheme and game plan opponents is top notch. I have no problem taking what they have. Teams did it to us when we had Shula.

I am expecting greatness from Flores, I'm hoping he is the reason there defense looked as good as it did last year and better than it has in a decade.

They have had the winning formula for a very long time and they do it without high draft picks, how they train, draft, scheme and game plan opponents is top notch. I have no problem taking what they have. Teams did it to us when we had Shula.

I am expecting greatness from Flores, I'm hoping he is the reason there defense looked as good as it did last year and better than it has in a decade.

agree

Back
Top Bottom