Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN?

KeyHawk

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Will Seattle give away draft picks for Ogunleye?

That's a big time topic over at our forum

www.seahawks.net

Seahawk fans are split on this issue. Upgrading our DE is number 1 priority cause we, plain and simple, don't have a pass rush.

We select 23 in the draft, and therefore we are not likely to find the immediate impact DE that we need that late in the first round.

Among the free agent DE's, only Kearse or Ogunleye will do. Agent Rosenhaus will be asking for too much $$$ for Kearse. OG will also be costly, but likely not as much as Kearse. Hawks can afford OG, but giving up a first and third rounder is another issue for Holmgren and company.

IMO, the Hawks need to offer OG a major contract and deal away the draft picks to the Fins. We're an OG away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Let's hope it happens for both our teams.

KeyHawk

Last edited by a moderator:
It will take a 1st and a 3rd to pry him from our dirty little baseball field. :evil:

BTW...

I'd change the thread title. I really thought you were bonkers for even suggesting some team would give us a number 1 for Oronde Gadsden. :D Edited to make sense...Mod

But if the seahawks must have him....

We'll sign him to the 500,000 contract for the number one in exchange :evil:

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
I can't hope it happens really. If we were to lose O-Gun for a #23 pick as the first rounder I'd feel cheated.

Not sure if you will have a choice. No doubt the Fins will tender OG an offer that will require another team to deal a 1st and a 3rd. Rosenhaus will not accept a one-year deal from the Fins, so he will be looking for long-term and $$$ from another team. Hawks may be in a position to deal with Rosenhaus and make it too costly for the Fins to match.

Teams who draft in the top 20 may not be as willing to give up its first rounder for OG.

Originally posted by ZOD
BTW...

I'd change the thread title. I really thought you were bonkers for even suggesting some team would give us a number 1 for Oronde Gadsden. :D

But if the seahawks must have him....

We'll sign him to the 500,000 contract for the number one in exchange :evil:

tried to change the thread title, but looks like it didn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by KeyHawk

Not sure if you will have a choice. No doubt the Fins will tender OG an offer that will require another team to deal a 1st and a 3rd. Rosenhaus will not accept a one-year deal from the Fins, so he will be looking for long-term and $$$ from another team. Hawks may be in a position to deal with Rosenhaus and make it too costly for the Fins to match.

Teams who draft in the top 20 may not be as willing to give up its first rounder for OG.

That scenario is possible, I just don't like it ;)

I do, more for us to deal with to get a top notch qb, or just draft rivers and get an o lineman or wr with the other pick

I wouldnt mind seeing Ogun in Seattle.. They are my second fave team..

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I wouldnt mind seeing Ogun in Seattle.. They are my second fave team..

the Fins are my 2nd favorite team :)

Originally posted by KeyHawk

I hear what you're saying but, if the Redskins were willing to give up a top pick for a receiver why wouldn't a team do the same for a top pass rusher? The Seahawks will have competition for him if the Fins can't work out a deal with him.

I'm somewhat torn on the issue. I love Ogunleye as a player however, the picks that the Fins could get for him would go a long way in solving our offensive problems. Either way I'll be happy.

If we were to get the 1/3 round picks, it would be great for us! It would totally make of for losing the two first rounders in the RW deal!

I wouldn't mind Ogunleye in Seattle either since they're my second favorite team too :)

I'd actually consider Dallas as a possible destination for O-gun. I mean, think about it....they have alot of cap room and a HUGE need for an elite pass rusher to go along with Greg Ellis and LaRoi Glover on that d-line (all they have now is Ebenezer Ekuban n some guy named Obogu). They pick later in the draft, but since Dallas is my 2nd fav team after Miami i'd like to see him there. If they picked up O-gun and Corey Dillion from Cincy....oh man, I can see it now :)

Back
Top Bottom