Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
I can't hope it happens really. If we were to lose O-Gun for a #23 pick as the first rounder I'd feel cheated.

well, its not a matter of getting cheated. its a matter of who is willing to pay the dough in order to get him or give up the picks necessary to get him. It could be the patriots. ouch. If seattle does make the move, then the 23 would give us Rivers and a good Linemen which would be quite allright to me. all this talk of Manning and Rothlesberger is a little whack with everyone saying its possible yadda yadda yadda. why do poeple want to put themselves through the agony i dont know. i guess its all right to dream.

From what i have been seeing and hearing, the body language says that they want Ogun to go nowhere. only time will tell.

That's what I mean by feeling cheated. I don't think Rivers and a lineman are worth O-Gun imo. He's a proven, they're a possibility. I know this is the situation with EVERY draft, it just bugs me...lmao. I'd like to see a "given" starter from him where we need it most, or as close to a sure-thing in prospects as you can get...but I understand its kinda like a crap shoot.

While we're dreaming......does Indy need a DL? ;)

If we could nab Eli for O-Gun, the 20th, and a conditional pick next year I would be a happy Dolphin fan.

Seattle happens to be my 2nd favorite team as well, but i still don't want to see o-gunleye leave..... he is what helps make our defense.... why deconstruct???? we need a quarterback, but not at the sake of giving up our legendary defense.

if anything we need to make our defense better, not loosen it up! we'll earn our good QB another way please!

TexasPhinsfan.. There is nothing Miami can do to keep Ogunleye if Ogunleye wants big time money.. Sure, Ogun would maybe want to come back to Miami, but he is going to make bank on some offers from other teams.. Miami just simply cannot afford to keep Ogun and just look at it this way.. Miami is about to get a 1st and 3rd rounder for an unrestricted free agent that Miami signed 3-4 years ago..

Getting Seattles 1st and 3rd would be good.. At picks 20 and 23, Miami could go after Vernon Carey and Rashaun Woods, or Rashaun Woods and Phillip Rivers.. Those are possible picks, but I hope the Texans make the best offer to O-gun..

Seattle is my 2nd favorite team as well.. I'm surprised at how many Miami and Seattle fans are here. Is it because Seattle has the offense we Miami fans dream about?? :lol:

Holy hell, that makes 4 people on this board that are Dolphin fans first & Seattle fans second. That's odd.

I dont think theres any team out there that can make an offer to Ogun to puts us completely out of the running to keep him. He might get offers tha make us hesitant but any offer can be matched, he will get a good contract but I dont think it will be unmatchable

Originally posted by SMadison29
Holy hell, that makes 4 people on this board that are Dolphin fans first & Seattle fans second. That's odd.

Sure is...kinda like those of us that like the Dolphins first and the Packers second....buncha those too.

When I grew up in California, I hated the Raiders and the Chargers. Always liked Jim Zorn and used to be sort of a Seahawks fan. They were the only team in the old AFC West I liked.

my story is simple - half my family is from ft. laud, the other half from Bellevue. thats why i'm dolphins first, seahawks second.

rude- i realize we most likely won't be able to keep him... i was just saying i don't WANT to lose him. i realize we may not have a chance. but i don't know if going to the seahawks is in our best interest. like you said, i'd rather send him to houston or san diego or oakland.... i want someone else's first rounder, higher up in the draft.

Again, who's gonna replace O-gun at LE? You guys think that having picks will get us a superbowl. Sure I'd like to have more picks too. But who can we get late in the 1st round,(or the 3rd) for that matter that will come in and get 15 sacks? Our defence wasn't as great as some of you guys are making it out to be and you all want to do away with O-gun? You guys are being silly imo. We need this guy!!!

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by finfan54

all this talk of Manning and Rothlesberger is a little whack with everyone saying its possible yadda yadda yadda. why do poeple want to put themselves through the agony i dont know. i guess its all right to dream.

all this talk of Rivers worth a first round pick or becoming a quality QB is a little whack with everyone saying its possible yadda yadda yadda. why do poeple want to put themselves through the agony i dont know. i guess its all right to dream.

i thought i read somewhere that the phins are gonna do everything in theri power to keep o-gun. also that they really wouldn't consider just letting him go unless the first was in the top 15 or something.

i think the plan is to do everything they can to keep him. in my book, that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom