Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will Seattle give away draft picks for OGUN?

I think I'm going to have to change my signature again just to remind some of the members where the problem exists for the dolphins......

35 million for a starting defense.

12 million for a starting offense.

You get what you pay for.

Here is a thought about the Ogun situation and the impact on our D-fense.

In 2000 Trace Armstrong had 16 sacks to JT's 14.5, this year O-gun had 15 sacks to Jt's 13.
When trace went away he had a total of 7.5 sacks in 3 seasons with the ray-duhs.

I think O-gun is expendable for a good value if we have a "threat" on the other side. He wont have to be all world b/c JT will take pressure off him due to double teams.

JT seems to make the other DE look alot better than they may be.

If we can get a 1st and 3rd, take it!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by bryan allen
I dont think theres any team out there that can make an offer to Ogun to puts us completely out of the running to keep him. He might get offers tha make us hesitant but any offer can be matched, he will get a good contract but I dont think it will be unmatchable

Wrong. Philly made an offer to the RFA with the wacky name in GB. He ended up resigning with Green Bay but with a $13 million signing bonus and that guy can only play the pass. Ogunleye can certainly fetch a $10 million signing bonus which puts us out of competition when you factor in that we would like to resign Chambers (which would be this year) and McMicheal (next year) a year before their contracts end.

As for replacing Ogun. Umm since when has a DE left the dolphins over the years and done anything? We've always managed to replace them to. So we spend that 3rd rounder on a DE to replace Burnett and we sign a veteran. This would also give Jay Williams some more playing time which I wouldn't mind seeing for one or 2 more years.

I will eat my underware if Ogun is a Dolphin come Sept.

He will go to another team, and we will get a first and possibly a third from someone.

We simply cannot afford to pay another huge contract to a defensive player!

Those draft picks will go a long way towards bringing in new young talent (read cheaper talent) and Jason Taylor was a THIRD round pick people. Ogun was undrafted! I know he had an injury, but still!

He will be gone, and we will have two first round picks to work with. This could be a very big off-season for us.

GO SPIELMAN!! GO DAN!!

Back
Top Bottom