Will The Dolphins Make The Playoffs In 2005? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The Dolphins Make The Playoffs In 2005?

Will The Dolphins Make The Playoffs In 2005

• Yes

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
miamirick said:
I'll give you that...but here's a question for you....What exactly is it that you feel makes the Bills much better than the Fins? Other than the O-line (maybe..I remember Drew being on his azz quite a bit last year), where is it that the Bills have a distinct advantage? If Ricky comes back, we'll have two solid RB's just like you...our defense is still pretty damned good and at this point, you have a QB that is actually LESS proven than both of ours.

Now I was one of the people who voted NO on your poll, because I really don't think we'll make a playoff run this year, but that being said, in the division that we play in, you guys will be watching the playoffs from the same vantage point as the Fins....the living room couch.

Our defense is all around better than your, and we'll be even better now that McGee has a season starting under his belt. With Clements, Milloy, Vincent, and Mcgee our secondary is second to none.

Our LB's are better as a group, ZT is a tackle machine, but Fletcher isn't far behind him in tackles, and Spikes is a pro bowl playmaker.

you have an advantage at DE, but our pass rush did fine last year, getting 9 more sacks than you.

We were 4th in sacks, lead the league in takeaways, and had the number two rated D overall. Thats pretty good.

You have potential at WR, Moulds has proven himself year in, year out...and Evans, had he been used the first 5 weeks of the season, would have lead rookies in yardage, and he did lead all rookies in TDs.

QB's and line are a wash, lot to prove in both places,

We have the advantage at RB, Brown hasn't proven anything yet, and Ricky hasn't show up yet, and even if he does, he can't play the whole season.

Justasportsfan said:
what else is there to go w/ other than last years performance? Rookies? FA's? All paper. You can be paper champs all you want. I won't even try to take that away from you :evil:

we got swept by the Pats :cry: but we swept the fins :cuddle:

LOL. Just for the record, I voted no to the fins making the playoffs. Never claimed to be paper champs. I never claimed we'd even be that good. In fact I'll be quite suprised if we go 8-8. Only thing I said was that the Bills are just as pathetic as the Fins. Get your facts straight before you try putting words in my mouth.

Justasportsfan said:
what else is there to go w/ other than last years performance? Rookies? FA's? All paper. You can be paper champs all you want. I won't even try to take that away from you :evil:

we got swept by the Pats :cry: but we swept the fins :cuddle:
Last time I remember, both the Bills and the Fins were sitting at home watching the playoffs. The Bills had a shot to make the playoffs, of course their the Bills so they had to define choke yet again, and couldn't get past the Steelers all world 3rd string scrubs. Only a Bills fan would be proud :lol:

Justasportsfan said:

Nice comeback. :D

The Bills don't exactly scare anyone. We have just as good a shot at the playoffs as you guys do - probably better. If you look at our core of players on offense and on defense, it's easy to see that Miami has a very good chance of making it. If our QB play is decent, we will be competitive with ANY team. You guys have bragging rights because of LAST year. But what a big difference one off-season will make. The Dolphins weren't nearly as bad as our record showed last year. And we'll prove it this year in a big way.

go_fins said:
Last time I remember, both the Bills and the Fins were sitting at home watching the playoffs. The Bills had a shot to make the playoffs, of course their the Bills so they had to define choke yet again, and couldn't get past the Steelers all world 3rd string scrubs. Only a Bills fan would be proud :lol:

:) :D :evil: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

FemaleFinFan said:
LOL. Just for the record, I voted no to the fins making the playoffs. Never claimed to be paper champs. I never claimed we'd even be that good. In fact I'll be quite suprised if we go 8-8. Only thing I said was that the Bills are just as pathetic as the Fins. Get your facts straight before you try putting words in my mouth.
To say that the bills is just as pathetic as the fins is way off anyways.

Does this mean dinner and a movie is out of the question? :confused2

go_fins said:
The bills were watching from the sidelines while the fins were not even in the stadium. They weren't invited.

SCall13 said:
Nice comeback. :D

The Bills don't exactly scare anyone. We have just as good a shot at the playoffs as you guys do - probably better. If you look at our core of players on offense and on defense, it's easy to see that Miami has a very good chance of making it. If our QB play is decent, we will be competitive with ANY team. You guys have bragging rights because of LAST year. But what a big difference one off-season will make. The Dolphins weren't nearly as bad as our record showed last year. And we'll prove it this year in a big way.
We're not trying to scare you anyways? You're getting all nervous by yourself. :D

Justasportsfan said:

Only if we can eat Buffalo Steaks.:tongue:

Justasportsfan said:

:rofl3:

I have to admit, the Jets and the Pats (even though we beat them) scare me a little. The Bills don't ! The only rookie QB to ever beat the Dolphins was Ben Roethlisberger who had the best Rookie winning percentage ever. Is JP Big Ben? No. We will have a difficult time making the playoffs, especially playing against the toughest scedule in the NFL. We are better in every facet of the game with the exception of our secondary, and that will be helped out with a fierce pass rush. No offense to the Bills, but they are gonna have a long season and we will go back to sweeping them. They had there 4 SB years and that is it. They are obviously jealous of what we got going on down in Miami. Why else would the post here? No Bills fan will have a realistic answer for that. I have never been to there sites. I am very proud of that!

Justasportsfan said:
The bills were watching from the sidelines while the fins were not even in the stadium. They weren't invited.
Here's a "Dolfan feel good article of the Day"

Bills owner Ralph Wilson, who's in his mid 80s and still hasn't had his dream fulfilled of winning a Super Bowl, remains confident from what he's seen this year.

"We had a bad day and it didn't work out," said Wilson. "I'm really looking forward to next year, because we have something to build on.".
we've heard that before, LMAO :0wned:
enjoy Bills fans

Our defense is all around better than your, and we'll be even better now that McGee has a season starting under his belt. With Clements, Milloy, Vincent, and Mcgee our secondary is second to none.

Are you talking about that secondary AJ Feeley threw 3 touchdowns against in the first quarter just this past December? :lol: 6 months ago? :lol:

Losman7 said:
No they don't.

Ask anyone outside of the brainwashed community of south florida and they'll tell you the same.

Like who?? Everytime you get a pediction from the media it's based on last years results....does this mean every team will finish the same this year as last? Ofcourse not, so who should we ask??

FinsDontGiveIn said:

Are you talking about that secondary AJ Feeley threw 3 touchdowns against in the first quarter just this past December? :lol: 6 months ago? :lol:

How did that game end up????

Back
Top Bottom