Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!!

I think the front office is admitting that the team they had last year could have won it.(At least the AFC) I don't think we have to have a major rebuilding project in the next few years as long as the big money players are willing to do their part when we need them to. We really need for Moore to be a special teams demon and push Greenwood this year and then be ready to start when Seau breaks down in a couple of years. Our O-line just got deeper and in 2 years this draft might have produced a really good starter or 2. I hope(and I'm sure most of you do as well) we have a receiver or 2 step up really big this year. Chambers should be over the soph slump this year and we won't have to go to Ray Lucas if Fiedler goes down for any length of time. I think this team has a chance to be one of the elite teams in the NFL for the next 2 or 3 years. If we had backed up and punted, I don't think we would have been able to get back to where we need to be in 2 or 3 years, so I am, while not exuberant with this draft, I defer to Wanndstedt and Spielman in matters of football savvy.
:salute:

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think when they tee it up in September everyone is united.
Bu that is what this forum is for. Somehting as signifigant as the draft is going to stimulate conversation and debate. Especially when Miami makes such controversial picks.

I think you were out of line for saying that we are not REAL fans and making this seem personal. I mean we may not like some of the moves, but its just talking up the current events.

We all love dem 'Fins!!

I never singled out any particular person by saying that they were not a real fan. I just questioned the loyalties based on all of the negativity that was being expressed. The thing that bothered me was that there was such a knee-jerk reaction to the draft that was not really based on all of the facts. I mean even criminals get a trial! :D ;)

As I stated earlier, I was just as perplexed as many of you were by our moves. Now that I've had a chance to digest everything, I don't feel bad at all about our situation. I also feel better about the comments that have been expressed on this board as of late. Not that it matters to any of you but it does make a difference to me. You see, I'm one who thinks that this board is viewed by more than just us REAL fans. Opinions can be expressed without all of the harshness, wouldn't you agree?

Originally posted by fin-atic

The time for Miami to win is NOW! We can't wait for developmental picks. This team has only one or two areas that are keeping us down. And they are on offense. What few needs we had on defense is being addressed in Free Agency.

This guy Moore, is just not what we needed.

If you remember back to last year, the offense averaged 27.1 pts per game with Fielder. That would have ranked third in the NFL. Our holes on offense last year were backup QB, depth at WR and OL. We are addressing all of these via the draft or free agency.

We lost the Minn. game because we could not make a play on defense when it really counted. The offense scored every time it had the ball in the second half (so did the Vikings). One of those was a FG after Cris Carter ("all he does is drop touchdowns") dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him between the 8's.

We lost the NE game because of a series of special teams mistakes:

1. Minor failed to field a KO that he finally recovered at the 4 yd line.

2. Royals shanks a punt from his own endzone.

3. Mare kicks the OT KO out of bounds.

4. Mare missed a FG earlier in the game.

Miami had an 11 point lead with 5 minutes to go. NE gained a total of 95 yds on offense in the last 5 minutes and OT and scored 14 pts. The combination of a questionable pass interference call and the special teams blunders cost Miami the game.

I completely agree with Wanny that the Dolphins are solid team that has as good a chance as anyone to win the SB.

This Draft class of Miami's like any other draft of the NFL will be proven on the field...not in the punkits news colum..How many people would have thought that Ryan Leaf was burst when he was picked by SD..the whole news media, had the SD draft as a major coup...Well we know the after math of that...When the Skins brought a supportive Championship team in Synder's first year, we know the after math of that...All we can do is wait and see, everyone..regardless of what we individually might have wanted..Let's see if what we have is the winning formula or a another after math....time will only tell...No one has predicted the SB champs correctly in over 10 years that I can remember..And most had the Phillies wining it all last year. Another after math.

This Draft class of Miami's like any other draft of the NFL will be proven on the field...not in the punkits news colum..How many people would have thought that Ryan Leaf was burst when he was picked by SD..the whole news media, had the SD draft as a major coup...Well we know the after math of that...When the Skins brought a Championship team in Synder's first year, we know the after math of that...All we can do is wait and see, everyone..regardless of what we individually might have wanted..Let's see if what we have is the winning formula or a another after math....time will only tell...No one has predicted the SB champs correctly in over 10 years that I can remember..And most had the Eagles wining it all last year. Another after math.

Originally posted by FinfanInBuffalo

If you remember back to last year, the offense averaged 27.1 pts per game with Fielder. That would have ranked third in the NFL. Our holes on offense last year were backup QB, depth at WR and OL. We are addressing all of these via the draft or free agency.

Just out of curiosity...since we've replaced one WR(Oronde), cut two others, and only drafted one in the 5th round....exactly how have we addressed our depth at the WR position?

My statement said 'addressing'. The season has not started yet. I believe we will sign OG. That gives us our starters from last year (Chambers, OG), our young receivers (Baker, Simmons) from last year, and two new WRs at least (Thompson, and Tolver). All we have lost is Ward. I believe Tolver and Thompson are an upgrade over Ward.

If we don't sign OG, it will be because he is not needed and whoever replaces him will be considered an upgrade by the FO.

My statement said 'addressing'. The season has not started yet. I believe we will sign OG. That gives us our starters from last year (Chambers, OG), our young receivers (Baker, Simmons) from last year, and two new WRs at least (Thompson, and Tolver). All we have lost is Ward. I believe Tolver and Thompson are an upgrade over Ward.

If we don't sign OG, it will be because he is not needed and whoever replaces him will be considered an upgrade by the FO.

Don't forget Kendall Newsome. He'll be in camp and just might turn a few heads. Marcus Robinson may pay us a visit also. He intrigues me a lot. Nice size, decent speed and if he's over the injury bug, could be a solid pickup.

Anyone seen this?

Dolphins report: Inside slant

They tried to make it happen but it didn't work out. This quote is what I'm talking about:

Miami's decision to use its second-round pick on a linebacker (Tennessee's Eddie Moore) in Saturday's draft wasn't a particularly popular decision among the team's fan base that had hoped for a player that could make a more immediate impact.

Not according to Wanny. He's said over the last few days that we were set at WR.

Back
Top Bottom