Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!!

I would have rather had Washington.. at least the pick is justified.. washington could have replaced mcknight or thompson and given us a deep guy to go along with CC, then you test those safetys big time.

To be blunt....one good hit and he could replace Darrell Stingley too.

the worst first pick in the history of the NFL. Flat out.
Not even close. Uhh, Ryan Leaf ring a bell? or how about Billy Milner, Mike Mamula, Ron Dayne, Thomas Jones, Erik Flowers, Jim Druckenmiller, Curtis Enis, Cade McNown, Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Lawrence Philips or Heath Shuler? Jeez, go with Yatil Green or Jon Avery for that matter. Let the guy play a little before you execute him.
And remember no matter how pissed off you get, it won't change who we got. You have to accept it's out of your hands, and get on with it.
It's just a game.

One More!

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
Not even close. Uhh, Ryan Leaf ring a bell? or how about Billy Milner, Mike Mamula, Ron Dayne, Thomas Jones, Erik Flowers, Jim Druckenmiller, Curtis Enis, Cade McNown, Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Lawrence Philips or Heath Shuler? Jeez, go with Yatil Green or Jon Avery for that matter. Let the guy play a little before you execute him.
And remember no matter how pissed off you get, it won't change who we got. You have to accept it's out of your hands, and get on with it.
It's just a game.

Ah, Tony Mandarich?

Originally posted by aquaman
Moore sure looked good on Willis Mcgahees back vs UM . Oh and then theres that ride he took on guillspes back from Florida or how about the time when he missed that tackle vs bama and the back went for like 40yds.. yep we got a winner here! I am all for our front office but picking a guy in rd 2 to make your SP teams better is a waste. Unless they are trying to spare morlon greenwoods feelings ...you always draft someone who can come in and compete right away.. at the very worse you have a great back up by doing this. I would have rather had Washington.. at least the pick is justified.. washington could have replaced mcknight or thompson and given us a deep guy to go along with CC, then you test those safetys big time. so he has attidude big deal.. I would not think anyone here would be unhappy if we got Randy Moss or Key johnson .

Yup, even tho you draft all picks with the idea that they could replace a start, at least the late rnd picks are where you [would think] alot of your ST players come from. Oh well, as long as Wanny is here, we're just beating a dead horse.
BTW, did you see the poll on grading the Fins draft in the SS yet?

Originally posted by burghPhinFan

It's just a game.

I would imagine that he may have been referring to the Fins' picks.

Originally posted by ebozzz
You know I'm sick of all of this crying that so many of you seem to be doing! It's funny how most of you that are whining about the draft selections have no connection what so ever to the NFL. What makes you think that you're so right and the FO of the PHins is wrong? Shut up already! No one knows how this draft will pan out for any of the teams at this stage. For all we know this could be one of the most productive drafts ever. It may not appear to be that at the moment but weren't there just as many questions about last year's Dolphins draft class until they started to produce? Give it a rest people! :rolleyes: :fire:

Sorry butt I'm still pissed at the first pick. I really thought there were some quality picks at that spot. Moore is no slouch, but I was really hoping for a quality Wr after the Tackles were gone. Or a safety like Doss. I know they will probably get Knight now, but I was so surprised Doss fell that far, and thought get him or Calico.

But you know what? I'm really happy with the rest of the draft.

Wade smith should be the starter next year, and I think Lee will be a great addition, and should contribute big time this year.

The Offensive line got a lot more depth. And now after hearing the coach tell us that Dixon will be the LT, which is good to state now, and there will be no more thoughts on Webb. The line also got a heck of a lot younger.

And I'm going to end up probably liking Moore more and more.

But the best thing from this draft already happened last year, and he ran for 1.800 plus yards.

But this don't mean we fans should not express any kind of dismay Ebo. And I'm usually the big homer.

Ozzy,

I guess that I just got a little bothered by the overall volume of negativity that was being expressed. I can respect an opinion. Most of the sentiments were not based on anything other than the emotions that were running rampant at the time. I, like many of you, was extremely puzzled when we didn't go in a different direction with the first pick. But you know what? I don't do the draft for a living. I'm a fan. As a fan I have to at least consider that our FO knows more than I do about the situation and has it under control. You have to admit that they have done a pretty good job of that over the years, right? Instead what we got were people calling for the heads of our staff without giving them the benefit of the doubt. The bottom line is this. The people that pulled the trigger on these picks will be held accountable for the results that are going to come. There's plenty of time to condemn them but what if they've actually done a good job with this draft? It's too early to tell isn't it? Well, there's already a thread on this board that seems to be asking people to sign up if they want Wannstedt out of the organization. Don't you feel that type of reaction is extremely premature? Too late! It's already out there. That's sad.....:(

Last edited by a moderator:
For all the people screaming that we should have drafted someone that could start and make an impact, remember that when we get rid of Rodgers, we have no one backing up the LB's that is "starter quality. This kid could very likely be starting at LB for us at some point this season, and could very well make an immediate impact. Like Infins said, how many 2nd round choices will be in this years Pro Bowl? Not many I would imagine! Not many 1st round picks at LT or WR make the pro bowl or even START on a championship caliber team. Veteran leadership will make or break this team this year. After that who knows who will be with us.

And for everyone who says that we could have gotten Moore in a later round, well you REALLY DON'T know that for sure do you? This was a need pick, like it or not.

Originally posted by Danikus
For all the people screaming that we should have drafted someone that could start and make an impact, remember that when we get rid of Rodgers, we have no one backing up the LB's that is "starter quality. This kid could very likely be starting at LB for us at some point this season, and could very well make an immediate impact. Like Infins said, how many 2nd round choices will be in this years Pro Bowl? Not many I would imagine! Not many 1st round picks at LT or WR make the pro bowl or even START on a championship caliber team. Veteran leadership will make or break this team this year. After that who knows who will be with us.

And for everyone who says that we could have gotten Moore in a later round, well you REALLY DON'T know that for sure do you? This was a need pick, like it or not.

Your making me sound more pessimistic than I want to on this, but tell me, who did we have that was of starter quality @ Lb the last three years. Gaylon? Izzo?

They paid a decent price too Gaylon and he got injured. So too me why not keep Rodgers to battle with Greenwood and the loser solidifies the Lbing core even more..........for this year.

The last paragraph is just food for thought and not nessacarally my stern opinion. My more stern opinion on this would be why not a Wr? That's all

Ozzy,

I guess that I just got a little bothered by the overall volume of negativity that was being expressed. I can respect an opinion. Most of the sentiments were not based on anything other than the emotions that were running rampant at the time. I, like many of you, was extremely puzzled when we didn't go in a different direction with the first pick. But you know what? I don't do the draft for a living. I'm a fan. As a fan I have to at least consider that our FO knows more than I do about the situation and has it under control. You have to admit that they have done a pretty good job of that over the years, right? Instead what we got were people calling for the heads of our staff without giving them the benefit of the doubt. The bottom line is this. The people that pulled the trigger on these picks will be held accountable for the results that are going to come. There's plenty of time to condemn them but what if they've actually done a good job with this draft? It's too early to tell isn't it? Well, there's already a thread on this board that seems to be asking people to sign up if they want Wannstedt out of the organization. Don't you feel that type of reaction is extremely premature? Too late! It's already out there. That's sad.....:(

Ebozzz it's all good, but i'm just puzzled with the FO a bit. They look like Genius' from the third round on. It's those 1st and 2nd round picks that get me, not all and I know it's a crapshoot. but hey who knows Moore could pan out better than expected, but I'm still not overly happy about it

....Sorry!

You know I'm sick of all of this crying that so many of you seem to be doing! It's funny how most of you that are whining about the draft selections have no connection what so ever to the NFL. What makes you think that you're so right and the FO of the PHins is wrong? Shut up already! No one knows how this draft will pan out for any of the teams at this stage. For all we know this could be one of the most productive drafts ever. It may not appear to be that at the moment but weren't there just as many questions about last year's Dolphins draft class until they started to produce? Give it a rest people! :rolleyes: :fire:

Yes it's true, there are more Monday morning GM's than there are GM's! We have to remember that a lot of posters out there are frustrated GM's, sad but true.

Oliver...

So...the fact that we don't know for sure how these picks will pan out should prevent us from complaining about them...but it's perfectly ok for the SunShiners to crow and cheer about them? Nice freakin' double standard there. Lets also ignore the fact that 99% of the posts on this board are in reference to things which NOBODY on here knows anything about. I guess everyone needs to stop posting their predictions, picks, and prognostications? Congrats, there should be about 3 posts a week from here on out, most of which will be questions about RunRickyRun.com:fire:

Originally posted by Ozzy
Ebozzz it's all good, but i'm just puzzled with the FO a bit. They look like Genius' from the third round on. It's those 1st and 2nd round picks that get me, not all and I know it's a crapshoot. but hey who knows Moore could pan out better than expected, but I'm still not overly happy about it

....Sorry!

No reason to be sorry. Just don't write us off before we see the final product. ;)

PhinPhan,

Try decaf.

Lol...I'm surprised someone with a Bob Marley avatar didn't suggest a different method of relaxation:lol: Honestly man, I was just responding to the rant. If you wanted mellow, you shouldn't have tagged the post with ":yell: ". Peace.:D

Back
Top Bottom