Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!!

mods...

once somebody has said the same thing 19 different times, that constitutes flooding. It's like having spam on the screen every time you click to read SOMETHING NEW.

I'm for doing something about this.

Re: Fast?

Originally posted by erralyn
I don't think he's all that fast. He's not even as fast as COREY MOORE, a sorry LB to come out of what school? I think Tennessee too. And he's coming off a frieking injury!!!!

So you've seen this LB. Tell me about him. How did he play?? Where/when did you see him??

And the fact that you will never let this go even if he makes the Hall of Fame is just outright lame. According to Wanny, he absolutely would not have made it to the third round.

Also, Corey Moore came out of Virginia Tech. Difference is, Corey Moore thought he was the greatest DE ever.

If a single Bengals fan..

..remains in Cincinatti, then you bet their loyal. However, I'm guessing they've also agonize over ridiculous personel decisions over the years.

Re: Sigh

You act like Wannstedt and Spielman are the only professionals making the pick. And the other NFL teams. But the people that rated Moore going so low were also professionals, and I haven't seen one that had this guy going in the 2nd round.

This question is do you truly know what other teams felt about this guy? No! Any ratings that you would have seen were not from the other teams. They were from the Mel Kiper types. Most of us bystanders will never know exactly what was going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Re: Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!!

Originally posted by Marino1983

Very well said mole...... I agree 150% man :up: :up: ! Marino1983

Thanks M83!:D I'm keeping a close eye on you.:evil: :lol:

I stand corrected

On my memory of where Corey Moore was from. But let's see..they were both considered fast linebackers. At least, 4.6-4.7 is apparently fast for this guy we just drafted. But he's coming off an injury. And sheesh..why should we trust Wannstedt over the many many many draftnicks who had this guy going late late late?

Man, I have to admit that the picks that we've made do nothing for me but I also have not done the research that our FO has done on the players. I look at it like this. We've got our starters pretty much set. Let's hope that our rookies will have enough talent to make the team, provide some contribution during the season and develop into players that have the potential to start in the next year or so. If we can hit on those elements, I'll be a happy camper. Why? When it's time to reload we should have quite a few pieces in place already. Make sense?

Yep I agree with that, Nobody can call any draft a failure or a success at this point, it is all speculation. It was the same way in FA, we won't know if FA will be a success or not until the season starts.

I just think it's alright for people to be upset, we all have different opinions.

I wanted to get that exciting pick also. It didn't happen so it's time to focus on why our staff didn't pull it off. Just maybe they have something to surprise us with.

I wonder how many other second round picks will make the pro-bowl next year?:rolleyes:

Re: I stand corrected

On my memory of where Corey Moore was from. But let's see..they were both considered fast linebackers. At least, 4.6-4.7 is apparently fast for this guy we just drafted. But he's coming off an injury. And sheesh..why should we trust Wannstedt over the many many many draftnicks who had this guy going late late late?

Why trust our FO over a draftnik?? Because the draftniks are influenced by those around them. They read each other's stuff. Don't you find it curious how everyone had Boss Bailey going in early Round 1....and then he goes mid-Round 2?? How about Kelly Washington was supposed to go late Round 1/early Round 2?? He lasts to mid-3. And on and on...

Do you think our scouting department consulted Mel Kiper and the Sporting News for their opinion on who we should draft?? I don't think so. The difference is, our FO has our best interests at heart.

OUR Moore never missed a game. So the injury he's coming off of wasn't major. It was arthroscopic surgery.

Also, Corey Moore was a DE thru college. He never played LB till he got to the NFL. This guy is a LB thru and thru. He's got instincts that Corey didn't have. And he can play all three LB positions.

Honestly, the only thing these two players have in common is their last names.

And I'm still waiting for this analysis on OUR Moore, since you've seen him play.

I've never seen him play

I don't think I ever have. Except for the UM vs Tennessee game last year. But even assuming he's the best linebacker in the draft ( Some had him way down on that list ), he's still a linebacker. And a linebacker Wannstedt himself said was going to be a backup and special teams player.

..but for some reason, we choose him and we choose him there. And settle for a worse LT than we could have got in that spot if we had decided against going for the Moore that described himself as beyond shocked that he was drafted in the 2nd round

Re: Re: I stand corrected

Originally posted by Muck

Why trust our FO over a draftnik?? Because the draftniks are influenced by those around them. They read each other's stuff. Don't you find it curious how everyone had Boss Bailey going in early Round 1....and then he goes mid-Round 2?? How about Kelly Washington was supposed to go late Round 1/early Round 2?? He lasts to mid-3. And on and on...

Do you think our scouting department consulted Mel Kiper and the Sporting News for their opinion on who we should draft?? I don't think so. The difference is, our FO has our best interests at heart.

OUR Moore never missed a game. So the injury he's coming off of wasn't major. It was arthroscopic surgery.

Also, Corey Moore was a DE thru college. He never played LB till he got to the NFL. This guy is a LB thru and thru. He's got instincts that Corey didn't have. And he can play all three LB positions.

Honestly, the only thing these two players have in common is their last names.

And I'm still waiting for this analysis on OUR Moore, since you've seen him play.

Kelley Wahsington was the first pick in the third round.

Re: Re: Re: Will The REAL Phin Phans Please Stand Up!!!

Originally posted by breckenridge55

31st rated by who? Some guy who runs an NFL Draft website or the 32 NFL coaches? And where the hell did you see this guy going undrafted? He was projected to be late 2nd-late 3rd from what I've seen.

http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=62&p=9&c=12&nid=83&yr=2003

Here is one place.
Did you hear them when they announced the pick that Miami just drafted a LB that nobody out of nashville has heard of?? :lol:

why does everyone on this site think you have to be an expert to have an opion?

wayner

Moore sure looked good on Willis Mcgahees back vs UM . Oh and then theres that ride he took on guillspes back from Florida or how about the time when he missed that tackle vs bama and the back went for like 40yds.. yep we got a winner here! I am all for our front office but picking a guy in rd 2 to make your SP teams better is a waste. Unless they are trying to spare morlon greenwoods feelings ...you always draft someone who can come in and compete right away.. at the very worse you have a great back up by doing this. I would have rather had Washington.. at least the pick is justified.. washington could have replaced mcknight or thompson and given us a deep guy to go along with CC, then you test those safetys big time. so he has attidude big deal.. I would not think anyone here would be unhappy if we got Randy Moss or Key johnson .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom