Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer?

The argument shouldn't even be Bowens vs Adams, it should be Bowens vs Fat Pat.

Pat Williams has 26 less tackles, in 50 less games.

When all is said and done Williams will be regarded as the better player.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
you just proved my point. Even in less games Bowens has better stats.
he has better nos based on tackles and asst. tackles. SAm has way more sacks and if it matters td's :lol:

Losman7 said:

No question Pat is better which is why they chose to compare Tim w/ Sam :D.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Today's probowls are nothing more popularity contests. Lack perspective? Instead of going "Bowens shouldn't be in the RoH", you should be saying "Bob Baumhower should be in the RoH as well".

Bowens could pressure the passer, he was just not his job. You can build your entire defensive line around what Bowens can do. Can you say the same about Bob? If you can they both deserve to be in.

The point is, only so many people can have their name put on the ring of honor, you can't go putting every player that has a solid career for the Dolphins on there or the very meaning of the honor is diluted.

Norm Evans was a mulitple time pro bowler for the Dolphins at OT for a decade for the Dolphins, including our championship years, he is not on the ring of honor.

Timbo just doesn't make the cut.

Losman7 said:

The arguement is much closer with Pat Williams. I feel Pat Williams is one of the best players at his position as Timbo. I do no think the same about Sam Adams.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
The arguement is much closer with Pat Williams. I feel Pat Williams is one of the best players at his position as Timbo. I do no think the same about Sam Adams.
I guess it's a matter of opinion. Sam Adams has 3 probowls under his belt, Tim has 2 and Pat has none. :huh:

Justasportsfan said:
I guess it's a matter of opinion. Sam Adams has 3 probowls under his belt, Tim has 2 and Pat has none. :huh:

Ever since fans were able to vote for the probowl it means as much to me as power rankings. Pro bowl used to mean something, now, not so much.

I view it this way. If I were going to build a defensive line by the ability of one player would I pick that player. I would never pick Sam Adams. I would pick Pat, especially if I am going to a 3-4 and I would chose Bowens.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Ever since fans were able to vote for the probowl it means as much to me as power rankings. Pro bowl used to mean something, now, not so much.

I view it this way. If I were going to build a defensive line by the ability of one player would I pick that player. I would never pick Sam Adams. I would pick Pat, especially if I am going to a 3-4 and I would chose Bowens.
I do agree that probowl is a popularity contest but players and coaches also vote. Withing the next few years we shall see if Adams will be ubcontestingly be better than Bowens. The ability to last longer and still play effectively should be part of it. I don't really care if people think Bowens is better, Adams just came of a probowl (deserved) year and will still be an asset to our team while Bowens is done which doesn't help the fins situation at all. :D.

Timbo was a very underrated DT. Just look at how our D played when he was injured...but he also was the result of the defensive system too. Now, if in the future, ZT goes to the HOF (which I don't really think will happen), Timbo should be the guy who introduces him, because if not for Timbo's presence in the middle, ZT would be just another MLB in the JJ/Wanny scheme...

Had Wanny or JJ taken this team to a SB or two (win or not) then perhaps he would have been considered, but since Wanny squandered the last 5 years away...it'll probably never happen.

But, I digress...No, I don't think he'll go to the HOF, but he certainly was THE intregral cog in JJ/Wanny's D. (just ask Zach !)

I dont think he will make the hall of fame but he was a great player.I will miss him and so will the team.

Timbo's biggest stat was Zach's stats. He was a key to allowing Zach to freely make tackles. not HOF worthy but definitly a great player and ROH IMO is very likely.

I would think NO as far as Timbo being a HOF....but I do think Keutchenberg, JT and Zach will be in the HOF.

jtsacksyou said:
Timbo's biggest stat was Zach's stats. He was a key to allowing Zach to freely make tackles. not HOF worthy but definitly a great player and ROH IMO is very likely.

We've had many greater players that are not in the ring yet.

Back
Top Bottom