Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer?

Justasportsfan said:
If Sam Adams or Pat Williams don't, I doubt Bowens will.

Bowens is better than Sam Adams. Plus had a much more consistant career. Sam Adams was crap at the beginning of his career.

byroan said:
Bowens is a legendary Dolphin. Many people say he was the best DT ever for the Phins. Bowens has been one of the most consistent run stopping defensive tackles for over a decade. He deserves a spot in the ROH.

First of all Manny Fernandez and Bob Baumhower were greater Dolphin defensive tackles, and neither of them are in the ring of honor.

Dick Anderson was a greater Dolphin, So was Jake Scott, neither are in the ring of honor.

I could go on and on, there is a long list that should be named before Timbo.

Not to disrespect Timbo, because he had a solid career, but there were greater Dolphins still awaiting induction.

BlueFin said:
Nope.......no way, he is not even worthy of the ring of honor due to a lack of space, his career was just not specaticular enough.

As much as I liked Timbo, I always felt he could have done more to be a greater player with the foundation the almighty gave him, he just didn't like to work out. Timbo could look great in short spurts but most of the time he was just a good DT.

If Bob Kuechenberg can't get into the hall of fame, Tim Bowens has no chance, I also think there are many Dolphins ahead of him on the waiting list for the ring of honor.

you apperently do not know what a good DT is

Timbo was a solid player...that's it no HOF, no ROH. There are and were a lot of better players waiting for both. He played 10-11 years with 2 pro bowls...that does not justify either of those honors. As much as I liked Timbo the truth of the matter is, he actually was a bit of an underachiever. He had the potential to be one of the greatest ever, but wasn't. This by no means is a slam against him. I liked him he was solid. He was a better than average player, not great. This bit about playing his whole career here is bunk. A lot of great players moved.

Tim Bowens had a great career in Miami but unfortuately he is not Hall Of Fame calibur. I also really doubt his number will be retired in Miami, but I don't think Ring Of Honor is out of the question...

[
QUOTE=pwn3dyo]Hes a dolphin HOFer. thats for sure[/QUOTE]

I think so too. He was amazing...at least he deserves it. Not only was he a great and loyal player but his longivity is hard to match....Thanks Timbo, and
God Bless!

u need stats and rings to get in the hall of fame and Timbo has neither. he was a good player and ill always like him because hes stayed loyal to the Fins when not many others have, but in the eyes of history he's nothing special. He clogged up the lane for Thomas though, so maybe if Zach makes it in (hes got a shot) maybe he'll give Timbo some recognition.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Bowens is better than Sam Adams. Plus had a much more consistant career. Sam Adams was crap at the beginning of his career.

Just b/c you never heard of Adams in Seattle doesn't mean he was crap he was a good player in Seattle as well.

nyjunc said:
Just b/c you never heard of Adams in Seattle doesn't mean he was crap he was a good player in Seattle as well.

I live in seattle. he was a HUGE disappointment in Seattle. He was supposed to shore up the line with Tez and he did not. He was a big tub of goo that finally got released.

Back
Top Bottom