Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will TImbo Be A Hall Of Famer?

I guess everyone is so bored and coming up with random topics and questions we should all know the answer to... That being said there is know way that TimBo even makes the HOF list let alone make it in..Come on lets be real, take off your teal sunglasses and you will see he does not belong..He had an impact on the game but it was not HOF level.

DEFENSIVE STATS

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def

TOTAL 157 401 289.0 112 22 1 0 0.0 0 0 20 bowens

TOTAL 165 356 272.0 84 39 3 62 20.7 37 2 32 adams

Here are their nos. Looks to me like Adams has better nos. Probowl? Adams has at least 2 (not sure if he has more) and Bowens has 2.

Sam Adams is still going and will surpass Bowens. If Adams isn't better , in the end he will be.

Justasportsfan said:
DEFENSIVE STATS

Here are their nos. Looks to me like Adams has better nos. Probowl? Adams has at least 2 (not sure if he has more) and Bowens has 2.

Sam Adams is still going and will surpass Bowens. If Adams isn't better , in the end he will be.

you just proved my point. Even in less games Bowens has better stats.

Justasportsfan said:
DEFENSIVE STATS

Don't forget TimBo also won 1994 Defensive Rookie of the Year, impressive accomplishment for a DT to say the least.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I live in seattle. he was a HUGE disappointment in Seattle. He was supposed to shore up the line with Tez and he did not. He was a big tub of goo that finally got released.

That DL w/ Daniels, Sinclair & Kennedy was a good one and didn't get publicity b/c they didn't win alot of games but that was a fearsome foursome.

nyjunc said:
That DL w/ Daniels, Sinclair & Kennedy was a good one and didn't get publicity b/c they didn't win alot of games but that was a fearsome foursome.

I know that. You forgot Porter.

On that line Adams was a weak link that at the time was not living up to his potential.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
apparently you have gone senile in your old age.

Apparently you've learned how to spell apparently.

Pay attention and you might learn more.

Bowens was a solid player, he was not a hall of famer and he's way down the list regarding the dolphin ring of honor.

Unlike you, I saw the Dolphins play since 1970 and trust me we've had better DT's.

BlueFin said:
Apparently you've learned how to spell apparently.

Pay attention and you might learn more.

Bowens was a solid player, he was not a hall of famer and he's way down the list regarding the dolphin ring of honor.

Unlike you, I saw the Dolphins play since 1970 and trust me we've had better DT's.

like I am going to trust someone's opinion who thinks that Bowens was just a solid player. You probably think TV was better in the 50s because it was more respectable. Plus the fact I find your football opinions to be more than biased (especially to the days of yore) and very emotionally based.

MoTown Finman said:
Timbo was a solid player...that's it no HOF, no ROH. There are and were a lot of better players waiting for both. He played 10-11 years with 2 pro bowls...that does not justify either of those honors. As much as I liked Timbo the truth of the matter is, he actually was a bit of an underachiever. He had the potential to be one of the greatest ever, but wasn't. This by no means is a slam against him. I liked him he was solid. He was a better than average player, not great. This bit about playing his whole career here is bunk. A lot of great players moved.

Exactly...well said.

T. Bowens played for the fins for a long time. he was never great IMO, but he stayed with the team for a long time. he may be honored by the team, but DEFINATLY will NOT be in the Hall Of Fame.

also, Fat Pat and Fat Sam are both better than T. Bowens. and have been consistantly better in the past.

ch19079 said:
T. Bowens played for the fins for a long time. he was never great IMO, but he stayed with the team for a long time. he may be honored by the team, but DEFINATLY will NOT be in the Hall Of Fame.

also, Fat Pat and Fat Sam are both better than T. Bowens. and have been consistantly better in the past.

Sam has not been consistantly better in the past. Sam was a big tub of goo as a Seahawk.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
like I am going to trust someone's opinion who thinks that Bowens was just a solid player. You probably think TV was better in the 50s because it was more respectable. Plus the fact I find your football opinions to be more than biased (especially to the days of yore) and very emotionally based.

Not biased at all, just informed. Some of you that are younger and don't have a clue about the earlier Dolphin years(when we actually dominated football) go overboard in heaping praise to current Dolphins that are some of the few Dolphins you've ever seen play.

Bob Baumhower went to 5 or 6 pro bowls(thats 3 or 4 more than Bowens) as a DT and was not only a run stuffer but could pressure the passer as well, he is not in the ring of honor, nor is he even being mentioned for it, so why should Tim Bowens be?

You are the biased one my friend, because you lack perspective.

BlueFin said:
Not biased at all, just informed. Some of you that are younger and don't have a clue about the earlier Dolphin years(when we actually dominated football) go overboard in heaping praise to current Dolphins that are some of the few Dolphins you've ever seen play.

Bob Baumhower went to 5 or 6 pro bowls(thats 3 or 4 more than Bowens) as a DT and was not only a run stuffer but could pressure the passer as well, he is not in the ring of honor, nor is he even being mentioned for it, so why should Tim Bowens be?

You are the biased one my friend, because you lack perspective.

Today's probowls are nothing more popularity contests. Lack perspective? Instead of going "Bowens shouldn't be in the RoH", you should be saying "Bob Baumhower should be in the RoH as well".

Bowens could pressure the passer, he was just not his job. You can build your entire defensive line around what Bowens can do. Can you say the same about Bob? If you can they both deserve to be in.

I know that we are all fins fans. But this is a ridiculous question. Of course he will not make the HOF.

Back
Top Bottom