Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Unsure

Votes: 35 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Guess it depends on how good Waddle is this season and whether we believe he can be a true #1 WR.

I know his hands can be suspect sometimes, but with the trade up to get him Grier can’t allow him to hit FA. Comp picks be damned.

This is a VERY serious question.

Judey who isn’t 50% of the receiver Waddle is went out and got what? 19M per season.

I forgot what Ridely got…

Folks it’s going to take north of $21M per season to keep Waddle.

Supply and demand always dictates commerce. Which is why I don't really get the explosion of wide receiver contracts.

Every year we seem to have an outstanding wide receiver group coming from the collegiate ranks. These guys end up getting paid.

With Hill's contact, I'm not sure about Waddle. But I did vote he gets a new contract in Miami. Ideally, the Dolphins draft another outstanding receiver (this year or next), who can essentially take over for Hill.

This is a VERY serious question.

Judey who isn’t 50% of the receiver Waddle is went out and got what? 19M per season.

I forgot what Ridely got…

Folks it’s going to take north of $21M per season to keep Waddle.
It might take close to 30 the way these contracts are going. I think if we draft a stud wr this draft and that wr shows he can be a true #1 then my answer would be no I’m not paying waddle top wr money. Now that is probably a less than 10% chance imo. We also invested way more than I believe Waddle is worth to acquire him so I believe Grier will not want to let him walk. Waddles numbers so far are in par with Jarvis Landrys numbers when he was here and no one would be willing to pay Jarvis top wr money. So my answer would be unsure

It might take close to 30 the way these contracts are going. I think if we draft a stud wr this draft and that wr shows he can be a true #1 then my answer would be no I’m not paying waddle top wr money. Now that is probably a less than 10% chance imo. We also invested way more than I believe Waddle is worth to acquire him so I believe Grier will not want to let him walk. Waddles numbers so far are in par with Jarvis Landrys numbers when he was here and no one would be willing to pay Jarvis top wr money. So my answer would be unsure

If you think Jarvis is in the same class of receiver than Waddle is then I’m not sure what to say to you.

If you think Jarvis is in the same class of receiver than Waddle is then I’m not sure what to say to you.
Ok sure but looks at the stats. They are identical in average yards and TDs per year while landrey had more receptions and at the end of the day production is all that matters. Plus most can agree that Waddle is playing with the better QB.

Ok sure but looks at the stats. They are identical in average yards and TDs per year while landrey had more receptions and at the end of the day production is all that matters. Plus most can agree that Waddle is playing with the better QB.

Okay! BTW a “quick” glance at both their numbers at this point in their careers shows you have no idea what your talking about!”

I think if we're going to resign Tua, then Grier will get a deal done with Waddle to keep him in Miami for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom